997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

seat swap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 08:52 AM
jurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond repute
seat swap

I bought a pair of Power sport seats (997), to switch out with the power adaptive standard seats in my 08 C2S.

Although the replacent seats I bought are powered seats, their appears to be another "layer" to the seat options: Sport Power Adaptive Seats.

I installed the sport seats and found that the driver seat that we removed (power adaptive comfort seat) has a black box under the seat that controls all the power to the seat, including the seat memory controls.

It appears that the memory module in the adaptive seats controls all the power to the seat. The Sport Power Seats do not have the memory box under the seat, and the seat will not "work". no power to the seat controls.

I bought the sport seats for over $3K and I want them to work. Any suggestions?

I guess I could find +power coming in to the harness that is meant to connect the black box memory unit on the stock seats, and this would allow the seats to function manually.

I ran a parts number check on the mem module that came with my comform adaptive seats, and the cost for the module is over $1000.00!

If I could add the correct black box and wiring to the sport driver seat, that would be OK, but expensive.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:43 AM
CaymenSKid is infamous around these parts
Did you ever find a solution?