997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

State of GA, no deductible for a hit and run :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Mark Ducati is infamous around these partsMark Ducati is infamous around these parts
State of GA, no deductible for a hit and run :)

Peformance Collision just pulled the rear bumper off my 2009 997.2.... they just need to refinish/respray the entire rear bumper and the two bumperettes... cost $967 bucks! I have a $1000 deductible, but because this was a hit and run, I was not in the car when the incident occured, they're waiving my deductible...

The insurance rep said I was lucky... for example, in Florida, I'd have had to pay the deductible... but NOT in GA... they're treating this like an uni-insurerred motorist hit me.

While the car is Pefromance and the bumper is off... they're going to install a FabSpeed muffler bypass pipe (I'll have to pay for that myself) as well as re-spraying the entire hood to eliminate the numerous rock chips (I'm paying for that too)...

All together, I'll have about $600 into it out of my pocket...

God Bless USAA insurance... any of you military/active duty/retired?

USAA is the one of the best insurance companies around... Been a member for the last 18 years, over the last 18 years I've had claims for theft/accidents/loss/etc, even a motorcycle that was totaled (that was the big one)... by my account, my premiums that I paid over the last 18 years... we've probably broken even between me and USAA... but hey, that's what we pay insurance for each month.

Performance Auto Collions (Alpharetta, GA)
http://www.performanceautocollision.net/

What a FIRST CLASS operation! Dropped my car off yesterday, as a matter of fact all the a$$-kissing made me feel uncomfortable... kinda like "Pretty Woman" with Julia Roberts...

Very Nice facility... I have no doubt, I'll be getting a first class repair...

Old 09-05-2010, 04:16 AM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Keep filing claims and you'll find a cancellation notice in the mail. They'll eventually hang a 'high risk' banner over your file, and you'll find yourself shopping for insurance with the little green lizard with a Brit accent.. or is that an Aussie accent...

USAA hates m/c's. Their rates are intentionally high on bikes since they'd prefer not to cover anything on two wheels. I got that straight from a USAA rep - back when I had USAA coverage.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Weasel is just really niceWeasel is just really niceWeasel is just really niceWeasel is just really niceWeasel is just really nice
As a m/c owner who was once insured with USAA and later dropped after one fairly large insurance claim (on a car not the bike), I share NC997's opinion for the most part. USAA dropped me like a hot potato....no tickets, no other accidents. I went from great customer to bad insurance risk almost over night it seemed. They send me letters every once in awhile now inviting me back -- I wouldn't dare.

Glad to hear you're having a great experience with them tho. I will say that when I had the accident, they were quick and efficient in handling my claim. I did pay the deductible.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Mark Ducati is infamous around these partsMark Ducati is infamous around these parts
Wow! Sorry to hear about your experience with USAA...

My first car out of dental school in 1992, got hit by a drunk uninsurred driver in Alabama on my 92 Mazda MX-6... front end damage and front left tire/wheel.

After that I bought a 94 Mazda RX-7... a motorhome at a gas station backed into my front bumper in spite of my honking... lots of damage there.

My Z28 got gouged by a snowplow in the subdivision a couple years later...

I totaled a 97 Triumph Daytona 955i in the rain around a corner... hit a tar snake (This was a huge claim of like $10K)

I dropped my Harley V-Rod over some sticks down by the mail boxes in the subdivision.. rolled right over them and the front end slipped out... That repair was a couple thousand bucks...

And now the Porsche... that's going to be about $2000 to fix.

They haven't dropped me yet... by my calculation on what I've paid in premiums vs. what I've had in claims... we're about even now.

We'll see if I get dropped by the end of the year or not?

Old 09-08-2010, 07:22 AM
JTaylorGT has a spectacular aura aboutJTaylorGT has a spectacular aura about
Interesting, I also live in Georgia and reported a hit-and-run accident while my car was parked at a bar. I got the police report, and Progressive said the same thing - they would consider it as an 'un-insured motorist' claim. However, I still had to pay the 'un-insured motorist' deductible of $250 (I have comprehensive and collision at $500). This was about 5 years ago so I wonder if this has changed for the state, or is insurance company specific?

Old 09-08-2010, 07:35 AM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Georgia's laws regarding uninsured motorists has changed recently. I only read the information from my insurer on how it would affect my insurance rates - I didn't read anything about changes in the law re: deductibles.

Old 09-29-2012, 04:09 AM
Victor_M is infamous around these parts
Though, I believe there are lot of great cars in Georgia. I got the best dealership at Atlanta GA dealership. It was extremely helpful. I wound up finding the best Toyota car dealership I have ever dealt with. It had the very best service.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:38 AM
DallasDave is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mark Ducati
Wow! Sorry to hear about your experience with USAA...

My first car out of dental school in 1992, got hit by a drunk uninsurred driver in Alabama on my 92 Mazda MX-6... front end damage and front left tire/wheel.

After that I bought a 94 Mazda RX-7... a motorhome at a gas station backed into my front bumper in spite of my honking... lots of damage there.

My Z28 got gouged by a snowplow in the subdivision a couple years later...

I totaled a 97 Triumph Daytona 955i in the rain around a corner... hit a tar snake (This was a huge claim of like $10K)

I dropped my Harley V-Rod over some sticks down by the mail boxes in the subdivision.. rolled right over them and the front end slipped out... That repair was a couple thousand bucks...

And now the Porsche... that's going to be about $2000 to fix.

They haven't dropped me yet... by my calculation on what I've paid in premiums vs. what I've had in claims... we're about even now.

We'll see if I get dropped by the end of the year or not?
That's some bad luck...

Be safe!

Dave

Old 09-29-2012, 01:17 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
That's great. Just how it should be.

Old 09-29-2012, 04:23 PM
devil boy is infamous around these parts
That's good that you didn't have to pay that $1000 deductible.

Former military. USAA has been great with me. I use them for everything...bank, insurance, car purchase, soon-to-be mortgage. No tickets and no accidents so I've definitely paid in more than I've received when it comes to insurance.