997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New Shoes (Wheels)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 05:54 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
stacy

Great ring!!!!! LOL

Old 09-18-2010, 06:46 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ray
is page 4 already and still no wheels on car pics? Stacy Stacy Stacy you got to hurry, we can't wait !
LOL...the pics of the wheels on the car are coming....!
BUT here are a few more misc...........

Last edited by justatoy; 03-14-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:15 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
The last picture is very suggestive!

Old 09-20-2010, 03:37 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Well had a little bad news today!

Managed to get the tires mounted and.........the wheels just touch the front caliper......

I guess that is what you go through to be the prototype vehicle,LOL!

Been on the phone with DPE and they said to ship the wheels back and they will remedy the problem...

But here are a couple of pics anyways!

Old 09-20-2010, 03:42 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
They look OK, good thing you found out they were rubbing the front caliper before I put them on my car.

BTW it looks like your alignment is out, the inside edge of the tire that you took off looks like it is wearing quickly.

Old 09-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
They look OK, good thing you found out they were rubbing the front caliper before I put them on my car.

BTW it looks like your alignment is out, the inside edge of the tire that you took off looks like it is wearing quickly.
Yeah I am waaaay in(too low to get any more adjustment).....BUT I did get 16,000 kms out of those Pirellis!

I think I am going to order the modified dog bones from RSS......that will get me a better alignment.

Stacy

Old 09-20-2010, 03:58 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
Well had a little bad news today!

Managed to get the tires mounted and.........the wheels just touch the front caliper......

I guess that is what you go through to be the prototype vehicle,LOL!

Been on the phone with DPE and they said to ship the wheels back and they will remedy the problem...

But here are a couple of pics anyways!

Buddy.....those are awesome! Luv the back cave!

Jim

Old 09-20-2010, 05:21 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Yes, those are awesome looking! Love the rear wheel 'dish' - exactly what I was searching for. Now I have a C4 - are your calipers hitting the wheel because they're red ones or does it not matter whatever calipers you have??

Very nice though!!

Old 09-20-2010, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by Scoper
Yes, those are awesome looking! Love the rear wheel 'dish' - exactly what I was searching for. Now I have a C4 - are your calipers hitting the wheel because they're red ones or does it not matter whatever calipers you have??

Very nice though!!
The front is the same on the C2(S) as the C4(S), it is not enough clearance on the inside of the wheel.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:37 PM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
THOSE ARE FAWKING HOT WHEELS...WOW I LOVE THEM. Dibs when and IF you decide to sell em... beautiful man

Old 09-20-2010, 05:53 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Oh man, that's a bummer. Not sure how they are going to "fix" that. Aren't those 1 piece wheels? Not like you can shave the hub a few mm, you need to go the other way. Hope it works out okay for you.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:03 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy

the wheels/ur car look awesome in this pic!

only thing missing is ur wife in the mechanic's bib..

Old 09-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by ryem3
Oh man, that's a bummer. Not sure how they are going to "fix" that. Aren't those 1 piece wheels? Not like you can shave the hub a few mm, you need to go the other way. Hope it works out okay for you.
They are bolted on and on the ground SO we do not need much......we are going to machine the spoke on the fronts 2 mm and the backs I am going to have them machine the pad on the rear and going to try a different size tire......quite simple just a pain in my a## to dismount and ship.....but DPE is worth it!
For those who LIKE the flush to the fender look in the back....these are IT,I just want them in a bit closer to the look I already have.
I am also astonished to how the same size (305 tire) is so different from brand to brand.....The Pirelli is almost 1" narrower on the tread over the Nitto!
The Nitto sits square while the Pirelli is more rounded!

Here are a couple of more pics....

Last edited by justatoy; 09-20-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:20 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** stacy!!!! They look amazing!!!!!!!

Old 09-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
the wheels/ur car look awesome in this pic!

only thing missing is ur wife in the mechanic's bib..
LOL......for all those who call that "Lady" in the pics "My wife".....it isn't.....my wife doesn't look like that,that IS her alter ego,Destiny....

Originally Posted by boochook
Holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** stacy!!!! They look amazing!!!!!!!
Thanks Buddy!
I am still undecided which I like better....Old school gold....or these!
They just look so different!

Stacy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Shoes (Wheels)