997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New Shoes (Wheels)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 03:27 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eurotechnik
Totally different car! Much nicer than the gold one's.
Thanks...but I still have a soft spot for the gold one's!

Originally Posted by misdeismo
Oh the concavity, quite lovely I must say. Great choice of wheels including the gold meshies.
Thanks...!

[QUOTE=G6OON;2987122]Class Act!

Superb second set of wheels, you have great taste. Easily one of the best 997’s, simply stunning.

Thanks so much for the compliment on the car....

Playing around with the camera today and snapped a few more pics...I can't wait to 'Roll' on these and get some whole car pics!

Last edited by justatoy; 02-13-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:05 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
???

What did u do????? ................CLEAN THAT PAINT!

Attached Images  
Old 09-26-2010, 08:34 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Jim.....

WTF...?

Just trying to make my car look dirty....and a poor job at that,LOL!
Stick to making jewelry and OH yeah...Eating at the "Country club"..

NOW when are you ordering a set of wheels?

Stacy

Old 09-26-2010, 02:59 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
looks great

Old 09-26-2010, 03:09 PM
chaud is infamous around these parts
Wow, looks good... that rear concavity is awesome!

Old 09-26-2010, 05:55 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Justatoy...looks really nice...as you know I'm not a fan of 20's on these cars but I like your gold wheels the best.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by JEllis
looks great
Thanks...

Originally Posted by chaud
Wow, looks good... that rear concavity is awesome!
It looks even better in-person!

Originally Posted by mdrums
Justatoy...looks really nice...as you know I'm not a fan of 20's on these cars but I like your gold wheels the best.
Thanks......
The golds are just an old school look which I love too!
Totally understand...the new wheels(and 20" sizes) are NOT for everyone!
Judging by your avatar you are an avid track guy......which means you probably are after lightweight=performance.....KUDOS to you!
I am truly envious of you track guys...I could NEVER do it.

The way I see it IF I wanted to go fast...I would NEVER had a bought a heavyweight convertible(The NON-performance version of the 911,LOL).
This IS just a slow mans car that is enjoyed for a slow speed meander around town!...

Cheers,

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 09-26-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:46 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
[/quote]
This is a fantastic shot. Makes your car look wider than a wide body.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:12 PM
stephen k is infamous around these parts
Damn! Its been awhile since I've been on here but the car looks great! Would have never thought you would change wheels up though because the Gold looked so good!!

Old 10-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by steve k
Damn! Its been awhile since I've been on here but the car looks great! Would have never thought you would change wheels up though because the Gold looked so good!!
Neither did I...LOL!
But once the NEW wheels arrived.....DONE!
I wanted to keep both sets so that WHEN I got bored I could switch up the look of the car!
But I have just listed the Gold Dpe wheels up for sale....

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...lake-20-a.html

If they do not sell I will strap some tires on them and switch up the look from time-to-time!

Stacy

Old 10-04-2010, 11:25 PM
EXLVI has a spectacular aura aboutEXLVI has a spectacular aura about
Flush with the rear fender man, any other suspension mods or paint ideas for the wheels?

Old 10-05-2010, 04:46 AM
monster1 is infamous around these parts
nice! and nice wheels as well - do take care not to curb them, just did that to one off mine and well peeved!

Old 10-05-2010, 02:09 PM
MouCZnik is infamous around these parts
Totally awesome ! very nice

Old 10-13-2010, 11:48 PM
AJ997S is infamous around these parts
You always have great taste. Those are unreal man. Drool all over my keyboard....

Old 10-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by EXLVI
Flush with the rear fender man, any other suspension mods or paint ideas for the wheels?
Yeah they sit really flush...so much so I switched from Nitto tires to the Pirelli tires....the Pirellis fit smaller even though they are the same 305/25/20 size

Originally Posted by monster1
nice! and nice wheels as well - do take care not to curb them, just did that to one off mine and well peeved!
LOL....done this myself before...IT SUCKS!

Originally Posted by AJ997S
You always have great taste. Those are unreal man. Drool all over my keyboard....
Thanks and PLEASE go clean up the mess left on your keyboard,LOL!

Forgot to update this thread....SORRY!
If you didn't read it....because I was the first to get this set-up for the 997,the front wheels just touched the calipers.So I sent them back to DPE and they remedied the problem quickly...GREAT customer service!
I have to say DPE wheels have been of the BEST quality wheel I have ever bought(which is why I have two sets of their wheels for this car)....and I have bought many sets of wheels for the 30 something cars I have built in my time!
So IF you are thinking of ordering DPE wheels they have two sponsors here on 6 speed who would love to sell you a set!

Automotive Connoisseur2
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/member.php?u=52151

AND

acuteperformance
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/member.php?u=35831

Here are a few more pics of the wheels and THANKS to the NASTY weather here right now....I couldn't get outside the garage! BUT I get outside pics JUST as soon as I can!

Last edited by justatoy; 11-02-2010 at 07:29 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Shoes (Wheels)