997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Any one know what this clicking sound is? Video included...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 07:05 PM
LakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really nice
Any one know what this clicking sound is? Video included...

I've noticed this the last couple of days. I went for a drive, everything "felt" ok, but the noise remains. It seems to start after I rev the engine... Any ideas? Thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZC38hTQ3Z8

Old 09-13-2010, 03:05 PM
wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !
that is strange, sorry I have no idea...

Old 09-13-2010, 03:31 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Exhaust leak?

Old 09-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Mark Ducati is infamous around these partsMark Ducati is infamous around these parts
Doesn't sound like an exhaust leak to me... that's hard parts hitting each other, that, or he got the popcorn maker option.

I am no expert... but I once had an inline 6 on a 1978 Camaro that made a similar noise... turned out to be a loose rocker arm.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:15 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
I agree sounds like hard parts hitting but it isn't consistent. Maybe a loose piece of plastic hitting a cooling fan?

Last edited by lacrosse; 09-13-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:44 PM
mike87 is infamous around these parts
yikes, hope it's not a bearing. please provide an update once you find out!

Old 09-13-2010, 06:25 PM
LakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really nice
Thanks for the help guys. I took her into the dealership over the weekend and so far that haven't found the issue. They are going to spend some more time on it in the morning. I'll let you know what happens... Glad I have the warranty! Hopefully it's something minor.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:32 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
Grimlin with a small hammer?

J

Old 09-13-2010, 06:38 PM
HATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of light
you've got a lazy or cracked coil pack. if it continues to deteriorate the car will misfire tripping the cel. diy on these are a ***** on your back. save yourself the time and have the dealer replace. while you're in there----do the plugs too.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:40 PM
I left the car at the dealership for two days and they were not able to duplicate the issue. I showed them the video as well and tried to duplicate it myself... The 3 days prior to bringing it in this was happening every time I started the car. So the mystery continues.