997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GTS on order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 12:24 AM
Vincent997S is infamous around these parts
You are a lucky man !
I am jealous.

I love this version of 997.

Congrats.
V.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:39 AM
Sinenerin is infamous around these parts
I envy you bro! Enjoy!

Old 09-16-2010, 06:30 AM
ajcajc is infamous around these parts
Congrats!
I called my dealer yesterday, but they had no info on GTS. I really want to order one..

Old 09-16-2010, 06:58 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Hmm. The only unique bits I can think of are:
  • Rear body is 44 mm wider, and rear track is 32 mm wider. Essentially the C4 body and rear axle on the C2 chassis.
  • RS Spyder wheels with central locking (a la GT3RS)
truly great car.
not quite sure about central lock rims but all the rest is superb. a quintessential 997 car.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:24 AM
docfink is infamous around these parts
Congrats again--

You should be excited because it's going to be incredible. I'm interested to hear how much it differs from your '07, beyond the power increase.

Originally Posted by gravedgr
As several folks noted, this is just a "last hurrah" for the outgoing model, using up spare parts so they can make room for the 991. I don't think demand nor supply would support a large run. I'd love see a worldwide run of 1000 or less.

Thanks, I'm super excited. I *really* like my cars to be different from the normal/average. I can't afford the exclusivity of Ferrari or Lambo yet (well, I could buy it, park it, and never drive it ), and I absolutely adored my 997.1, so this is the absolute best of both worlds. Best of all would be if the other 3 GTS's at Hennessy get sold out of state.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:44 AM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ajcajc
Congrats!
I called my dealer yesterday, but they had no info on GTS. I really want to order one..
770-643-6100 - ask for David Gentile, tell him Doug told you to call.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:29 AM
ajcajc is infamous around these parts
Thank you, gravedgr!

Old 09-16-2010, 10:25 AM
dsanto is infamous around these parts
Congrats good color choice.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:10 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
I think you made a smart choice. The GTS is going to be a niche car and will be ideal for the street. Can't wait to see pics and read your reviews. Congrats!

Old 09-16-2010, 12:23 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Congrats.

a white GTS is gonna be a great car as a keeper !

Centerlocks?
Porsche tech says get an adapter from 1/2 in to 3/4 for the tool to remove the nut. Get a 1/2 torque wrench and a big piece of pipe to get to 375 ft lbs.
not sure how precisely u can get to the correct torque, tho..

or u can get one of these
http://www.tooltopia.com/precision-i...s-c4d600f.aspx

Last edited by crazycarlitos; 09-16-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:51 PM
bleedblue is infamous around these parts
Congratulations! I remember reading the other thread and you were thinking about it and had already put in your order for the 997.2. In my opinion I would have done the same. So jealous!!

Old 09-16-2010, 01:00 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
How much if you don't mind me asking? You can PM me as well. Thanks.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:51 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boochook
How much if you don't mind me asking? You can PM me as well. Thanks.
MSRP. They warned me before I asked that they would all sell at MSRP. Once you add in X51 and PSE to a base C2S you're already getting a $7100 discount before adding the alcantara bits, wider rear/track, RS wheels, new front bumper cover, and painted valence/exhaust.

I was only getting ~$6k off my C2S order, so I can live with that.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:58 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
Centerlocks?
Porsche tech says get an adapter from 1/2 in to 3/4 for the tool to remove the nut. Get a 1/2 torque wrench and a big piece of pipe to get to 375 ft lbs.
not sure how precisely u can get to the correct torque, tho..
i only observed how some folks at events struggle with those centerlocks to take them off and on. 1/2 wrench and pipe does not work - you need a special big torque wrench, special adapter not to scratch center nut and an another person to press wrench into center and catch that wheel when it comes off.

but i think if you do not intend to track car often and swap rims often - it does not matter.

plus an aftermarket rims set for centerlocks costs like $8K or so if I am not mistaken. also not an issue if you intend to use only one rims set. it is a beauty but it will cost you some effort to live with it probably.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:31 PM
nlpamg is infamous around these parts
congrats! can't wait to see the pics when you get yours.

I hope it's not that limited of a run, I was planning on getting on next year...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTS on order