997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GTS on order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 07:27 AM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Gravedgr - I was at Henessy yesterday, having my car in for CEL work and I started up a conversation about the GTS with a salesman while I was waiting. He told me that his GTS customer just left and we watched you drive away. Oh well - maybe I'll see you there or around town another time...
Jack

Old 09-18-2010, 09:15 AM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jack667
Gravedgr - I was at Henessy yesterday, having my car in for CEL work and I started up a conversation about the GTS with a salesman while I was waiting. He told me that his GTS customer just left and we watched you drive away. Oh well - maybe I'll see you there or around town another time...
Jack
Hi Jack!

I go by all the time (the wife wanted to see the white C4S on the showroom with the black wheels for comparison) so we could easily bump into each other there. Do you do local PCA events? We probably won't do many, but we love to take drives to the mountains with local friends. When the GTS arrives, we should hook up if not before.

Old 09-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy

This looks like a great idea and way for Porsche to bring in some extra orders.

Maybe even one from me.

I was looking at the GT3 but prefer many of the S features. One big thing to me is I prefer the looks of the 4S but do not want the 4X4 option.

In ordering an S I wanted the power pack but 16K

So its down to this.

What are the color options on interior. Are they black only like GT3 and are most other options still available?

While I see PASM is standard, what about sport suspension and LSD?

Old 09-18-2010, 12:56 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sloopy
What are the color options on interior. Are they black only like GT3 and are most other options still available?

While I see PASM is standard, what about sport suspension and LSD?
I don't recall any other color options for the interior, but that doesn't mean custom work is not an option. SPASM and LSD are options as on the S.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Gravedgr - my local dealer is a Porsche Premier dealer and I do my business directly with the GM of the dealership. He tells me that the allocations for GTS coupes have not been released yet nationwide. I've been thinking about pulling my '11 C2S order (not been built yet, but will be soon) and switching to a GTS. He told me that the Porsche internal site indicates no allocations anywhere yet. Did you see something that would indicate that your dealer really has allocations? Did he actually place an order for your car or is it just spec'd awaiting allocation? I'm confused.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by Alan
Gravedgr - my local dealer is a Porsche Premier dealer and I do my business directly with the GM of the dealership. He tells me that the allocations for GTS coupes have not been released yet nationwide. I've been thinking about pulling my '11 C2S order (not been built yet, but will be soon) and switching to a GTS. He told me that the Porsche internal site indicates no allocations anywhere yet. Did you see something that would indicate that your dealer really has allocations? Did he actually place an order for your car or is it just spec'd awaiting allocation? I'm confused.
Hi Alan,

My dealer is Hennessy and they are 2nd in volume behind Champion I believe, and 10 miles from PCNA HQ, so I dont know if that plays a part. I called my salesman the day they announced the GTS and changed my order after getting some details.

He said they got 4 allocations - 2 coupes and 2 cabs. They had already ordered one coupe and changed it to my spec. When I went by on Friday, my salesman said my order was in the system. The configurator the dealer uses has all the options, but not the right pricing (for example MSRP shows as $1 but some options show as $9999), so I'm waiting in the final price.

I can only tell you what my salesman and GM have told me. If you'd like to check with them, the GM is Mark Venti.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:48 PM
PORSCHEAUDIOLUV is infamous around these parts
Congrats on a beautiful and rare car. It look very similar to my C4S

Old 09-18-2010, 05:50 PM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Doug......... Congrats on the new car....... That will be one excellent ride for sure. (All the stuff you want in a single package!)

Old 09-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by KaamaCat
Doug......... Congrats on the new car....... That will be one excellent ride for sure. (All the stuff you want in a single package!)
Thanks - now I just need spring to hurry up and get here!!!

Old 09-19-2010, 01:03 AM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Hi Jack!

I go by all the time (the wife wanted to see the white C4S on the showroom with the black wheels for comparison) so we could easily bump into each other there. Do you do local PCA events? We probably won't do many, but we love to take drives to the mountains with local friends. When the GTS arrives, we should hook up if not before.
I'm in PCA and used to be more active, but I haven't done much lately. I'm also in BMWCCA even though we haven't had a bimmer for a while, but I do their DEs at Road Atlanta as I get a better deal as an instructor. I might do something with PCA if the right situation comes up - for example, I registered for the drive to the High Museum earlier this year but bagged it at the last minute due to the rain and early start.

A mountain drive sounds great, as would a meet-up some time...

Old 09-19-2010, 09:54 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Does anyone know if it comes with or without a sun roof?

Old 09-19-2010, 11:10 AM
299moto is infamous around these parts
Finally

I've been waiting for this release for months.
It's almost as if they were reading my mind on how I would order in a c2s with a WB rear wheel drive as a bonus.
Now if I can just add sport classic wheels & tail

As far as uniqueness & future value, just look at m491 & 993 c2s cars for sale.
And none of those had standard factory goodies like power kit & exhaust.

I go in Monday to spec mine but am not yet decided on trans choice & wheels.
Leaning towards PDK, although manual may be a minority & stronger future value.
Anyone know if the center locks have 5 lug adapters or vise versa?

Old 09-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Sloopy
Does anyone know if it comes with or without a sun roof?
I believe it comes with one.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:23 PM
VUCommodores is infamous around these parts
If you guys head to the mountains I'd love to tag along. My wife always bails b/c it makes her nauseous.

More importantly though: AWESOME car - congrats! Incredible color choice w/ the black wheels. Would love to see it sometime.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by VUCommodores
If you guys head to the mountains I'd love to tag along. My wife always bails b/c it makes her nauseous.

More importantly though: AWESOME car - congrats! Incredible color choice w/ the black wheels. Would love to see it sometime.
Thanks - as soon as it arrives, I'll be itching to do some driving right away. Probably the best place to coordinate is the SE forum. I'm also excited to go driving with my friend Bob (Kaamacat) and his new GT3RS.

Now if only I could make time go faster! The wait is the worst!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTS on order