997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GTS on order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 04:20 PM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
This will be very cool........ When you think about it its like making the ideal car w/o going throught the hassle (after the fact) of add-ons and such. Just something for me (personally) if you can get it factory ordered (aka pure stock), I love it.

(And there is no doubt that MarkV is just outstanding, as they all are there. The process I went through with the GT3RS with my sales guy Bruce Pinder, then Mark Venti and even to the finance guy Michael....... A-to-Z perfect!)

Old 09-20-2010, 03:06 AM
964RS_NGT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mdrums
One of my local dealers called me about the GTS. He said it's basically a GT3 with PDK. I told him I like the idea of the GTS being the last model of the 997 line and it seems like a great deal and all but the center lock wheels are a no go for me because of track use. I just can not see myself having the expense of buying a set of center lock track wheels. So I told him I'll wait for my dream car.....GT3 PDK and 5 lug wheels that I can change out in my own garage.

Other than that I might be all over a GTS. It's going to be a heck of a car and a very rare Porsche...probably a keeper if I did get one.
I don't know much about the Us GTS spec, but in Europe regular 5 lug wheels are a no-cost option (19" Carrera Sport), as are the rear seats...

Old 09-20-2010, 07:53 AM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 964RS_NGT
I don't know much about the Us GTS spec, but in Europe regular 5 lug wheels are a no-cost option (19" Carrera Sport), as are the rear seats...
I believe the 5-lug Carrera Sports are a $0 option in the US, while the US GTS comes with the rear seats installed.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:05 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gravedgr
I believe the 5-lug Carrera Sports are a $0 option in the US, while the US GTS comes with the rear seats installed.
so why can`t you change to those then? unless centerlocks is a 'must have' option for you.
imho it is just a PITA to have those centerlocks if you do not have proper pit crew with proper powertools to change your wheels.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:02 AM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
Good call

The ultimate road going rwd 911.

Enjoy

DRP

Old 09-20-2010, 09:33 AM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by utkinpol
so why can`t you change to those then? unless centerlocks is a 'must have' option for you.
imho it is just a PITA to have those centerlocks if you do not have proper pit crew with proper powertools to change your wheels.
I like the centerlocks because they are unique to the Carrera lineup, and therefore appealing to me. The only time I'll be changing wheels is when I get new tires, so its a non-issue.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:25 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Are there an different suspension options for the GTS vs the regular 997.2 S?

thanks

Old 09-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Nope.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:37 PM
500hpGrl is infamous around these parts
Hmm. The only unique bits I can think of are:
  • Rear body is 44 mm wider, and rear track is 32 mm wider. Essentially the C4 body and rear axle on the C2 chassis.
  • RS Spyder wheels with central locking (a la GT3RS)
I think the rest are available as options:
  • badging
  • power increase to 408 hp (X51 power kit)
  • PSE
  • front bumper (someone had a name for this - it may be Tequipment)
  • lots of interior alcantara (including seat inserts which I LOVE)
  • black sideskirts to match lip on new front spoiler
  • 3-sport Sport Design steering wheel (i.e. PDK wheel without paddles)
  • Sport seats / adaptive sport seats / sport bucket seats only
EDIT: I almost forgot - the rear valence is painted black and the exhaust pipe are nanocoated black to match.

No kidding. Funny story - when I went for my C2S order, they had an October allocation open, but I said I wanted to think overnight. The dealer called me on the way home to say someone walked in right after me and took it. The next avail. was Dec. Perhaps karma's way of guiding me to the GTS?

I was building a Guards Red C2S, but I REALLY like the looks of the black wheels on a clean white 911, so I went with Carrara White (just like the press photos). As noted in the first post, my dealer gets 4 allocations and they are in the top 2-3 of the US. With ~200 US dealers x ~4 cars, I'm expecting 1000 or less to reach the US. I told my dealer I want #1 of xxxx.

Sounds amazing! Carrera White is one of the best colors - really shows off the lines of the vehicle. Will be looking for pics when you get it!

Old 09-20-2010, 12:46 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Nope.
thanks...I wasn't sure when going thru the web special...

best of luck...i think white is classic also

Old 09-20-2010, 01:02 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by buckwheat986
thanks...I wasn't sure when going thru the web special...

best of luck...i think white is classic also
what I am really interested about - what is all that speculation about 500hp 4.0L new motor supposedly for gt3rs cars? is it a bogus or real thing?

That is what I would love to put in my car eventually... like in 5-10 years.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:54 PM
My dealer emailed me today to say the estmated completion date on my GTS is Dec 1st. Now the wait REALLY begins.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:07 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Now the wait REALLY begins.
This is sometimes the best part-well almost.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:32 AM
r2b2007 is infamous around these parts
My dealer emailed me today to say the estmated completion date on my GTS is Dec 1st. Now the wait REALLY begins.

Doug, with December 1st completion when do you expect to see the car?

Old 10-23-2010, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by r2b2007
Doug, with December 1st completion when do you expect to see the car?
Not sure, and I doubt the Dec 1st completion is firm. I have an order number, but the final prices aren't even available yet - just base MSRP.

IF the car was done by Dec 1st (I'm skeptical, thinking more like a 1st week of Dec build), it could be here before year's end. My '07 arrived about 2 weeks after completion.

Last edited by gravedgr; 10-23-2010 at 07:57 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTS on order