997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.
View Poll Results: New wheels for my C2S -- Carrera Classic or 997 Turbo?
Carrera Classic
55.70%
997 Turbo
44.30%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

New wheels for my C2S -- Carrera Classic or 997 Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 08:10 PM
RickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud of
I didn't like the S wheels so I ordered the Classics on my 997 C2S, but I really like the new Fuchs.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:36 PM
jastx is infamous around these parts
I have the Classics on my C2S but am quite taken with the new Carrera S II wheel. I think its a nice aggressive look that works well with the car. My dealer will call me when they get some take offs on a new car where the owner wanted something different.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:43 PM
solidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud of
Have you considered black matte 997 turbo wheels? I think that would look HOT! IMO

Old 09-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by solidst8
Have you considered black matte 997 turbo wheels? I think that would look HOT! IMO
I think it would be too hard to keep clean.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Going to head down to the dealer tonight...hopefully they have a few with the wheels I'm looking for.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:22 PM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
My 07S had the Turbo wheels, and my 08S has the Classics. I prefer the Classics.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:29 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
For OEM wheels - I love the Fuchs look.

Next would be Carrera Sport

Not really a fan of any of the Turbo wheels.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:46 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
My choice. Not sure the look good with all colors, but they really look nice on silver. BUT I have a set of all seasons for the winter on my Carrera Classics. I roll on both - best of both worlds and I change with the seasons.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:11 PM
T33
T33 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Going to head down to the dealer tonight...hopefully they have a few with the wheels I'm looking for.
If you are going to spend on a set of OEM wheels, why not the CarreraS II wheels? I think they really look good on a C2S and later on when you get tired of the look, you can always have them powder coated black or gun metal grey for your black car. It would look awesome.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:18 PM
JTaylorGT has a spectacular aura aboutJTaylorGT has a spectacular aura about
As you can tell from my avatar, I went with Turbo wheels but my second choice was Carrera S II wheels, then Sport Designs. The Classics are just too plain for me - there's not much to the traditional 5-spoke design, but yes, easy to clean!

Old 09-17-2010, 10:04 PM
EJ-997 is infamous around these parts
My car came with classics. I did not like them at first but now I like the way they look and how easy to clean they are.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:16 AM
marc2828 is infamous around these parts
I have been asking a similar question on a previous post. I have a C2S with "Lobster Claws" I really like the front wheel...looks large and you can easily see the red caliper inside. It's the rear wheel that looks whimpy to me. I put 5mm spacers on them...still whimpy. I saw a red C2S with Turbo wheels....not the NB fitment, and the car looks aggressive but still OEM. I like the aftermarket different rims out there, but I am a big fan of keeping the car stock. My personal debate is whether the Turbo wheels only belong on a turbo. I went to a dealer and saw a 2010 C4S with Turbo rims...I think I have made up my mind to switch to Turbo rims. Plus I think putting 8.5's on the front improve handling...so it is not just a cosmetic decision....

Old 09-18-2010, 07:39 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gravedgr
I special ordered the classics on my SY 997.1 and loved them. I would get them again in a heartbeat, especially on any car painted in a bright color. Black also looks great - nice and clean. Turbo wheels are too busy for a Carrera.
Agreed! I think the Turbo wheels are too busy and they look like a ***** to clean.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by T33
If you are going to spend on a set of OEM wheels, why not the CarreraS II wheels? I think they really look good on a C2S and later on when you get tired of the look, you can always have them powder coated black or gun metal grey for your black car. It would look awesome.
I did consider the Carrera S II wheels at first but decided I preferred the Carrera Classic and the 997 Turbo wheels. I find the Carrera S II are too similar to the Boxster III wheels as well.

Last edited by Johnny DB; 09-18-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:59 AM
I did go to the dealership last night with the intentions of comparing both wheels. Unfortunately they didn't have any with the Carrera Classics. The closest thing they had was a yellow C2 with the 997 Carrera III wheels. Not really convinced they look close enough to the Classics to do a fair comparison. On the plus side, there was a customers C2S with the WB offset 997 Turbo wheels. I'm sold on the WB wheels now -- the look was awesome and it was almost perfectly flush. The extra concavity and aggressive look is sweet! Still not sure which I will get…

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New wheels for my C2S -- Carrera Classic or 997 Turbo?