997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Carrera GTS model?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 12:27 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PT Doc
Do you think that it will depreciate faster than a C2S? Seems like the production numbers will be 2 coupe and 2 cab per dealer. And only for 1 year. I don't know how many dealers there are but it seems that production numbers will be low and most of the C2S crowd has been envious of the wider hips. Any chance this car will retain value better than a C2S?
Yes --Here's why -

1) The buyer will NOT get the larger discount as seen with the C2S on this more exclusive car.
2) 2011 c2S cars in general will take the biggest hit if the new 991 is launched in 2012 .

Think about it -
Who is going to pay near 110K for a used GtS when he can get a new 991 the next year ? Or 90 K for GTS two years later? Especially when he can buy an 09 used in the 60's by then?

Even a Turbo won't depreciate this way . When the 991 comes out the Turbo production will either cease for a year hiatus or they will clear out 997tt parts and extend production.

even a Gt3 RS won't depreciate this way . It's a special track car and the last dry sump traditional Porsche.

In my opinion the GtS will be the freefalling new Porsche value .
Just like the anniversary edition 996 fell . Just like the Cayenne GtS fell. Both were great cars and so will the GtS be -- but the buyer might risk a huge expense.

Old 09-19-2010, 02:43 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
It really depends on the production numbers of the GTS. All cars depreciate in the short term. The value in the GTS or any other limited car is long term.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:24 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
The naysayers will never be convinced, and none of us can tell the future.

Besides, I'm buying this for me - not the next guy!

Old 09-19-2010, 05:08 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gravedgr

The latter point is the right one.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:16 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by adias
The latter point is the right one.
So you're saying the naysayers CAN be convinced? And some of us know the future? Otherwise, all points are valid.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:55 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
I am no naysayer. I just pointed out that end of series models have tanked. I agree with you though that if the package is what you want that's what matters. Why fret about it?

Old 09-19-2010, 07:00 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Am I the first to mention that this car seems to be a US only version of the Carrera Sport Classic? No duck tail spoiler, different wheel style but same theme and power.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:28 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
I just like the nameplate. I'm going to take off my S and add the GTS.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Ditto. If you're buying these things as investments, there are wiser things to do with your money. But if this model floats your proverbial boat, then by all means.
I for one would be very tempted to consider one if I was in the market at the moment, especially if they grafted that ducktail on the back of it.
Enjoy the new wheels when it arrives. It seems like a very cool model.

Originally Posted by adias
I am no naysayer. I just pointed out that end of series models have tanked. I agree with you though that if the package is what you want that's what matters. Why fret about it?

Old 09-19-2010, 10:04 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gravedgr

I agree with this . But you could also buy any other car for yourself too .
It's not like the GtS is the only Porsche but whether its the right one or not --only you would know.
(also note that the thread is a general gts thread ).

I won't argue agaisnt the GTS . I would however pick the Turbo above it and if trying to save I'd pick a c2S . But that's me .. and it's you who is buying this specific new model . Thus --I wish you the best . I do think it will be a great car.

Last edited by yrralis1; 09-19-2010 at 11:06 PM.