997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Speedster is Here...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 09:25 PM
shawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really nice
I love this car...albeit expensive, it's still extremely cool since Porsche hasn't done a Speedster variant since 1989. I like the retro look that the black exterior side film provides. Carrera White would be a stunning choice. Anybody have a guess as to when Porsche woudl actually start selling this car?

Old 09-21-2010, 09:47 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by shawminator
I love this car...albeit expensive, it's still extremely cool since Porsche hasn't done a Speedster variant since 1989. I like the retro look that the black exterior side film provides. Carrera White would be a stunning choice. Anybody have a guess as to when Porsche woudl actually start selling this car?
Actually, they did a 964 variation for the '93 model year.
Regardless, I like how they used the '89 version as inspiration. I love it but, like the Sport Classic, its insanely overpriced.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:40 AM
MrBucket is infamous around these parts
These special edition cars just seem outrageously priced for what you get.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:09 AM
shawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really nice
Pricey yes, but when you look at the relative exclusivity of the car, I can see why Porsche is charging a premium. For the 1989 Speedster, a total of 2065 were made worldwide, with 823 imported into the US. The total worldwide production of the 2011 Speedster is only 356. I think that those people that are fortunate enough to secure a Speedster allocation will end up holding onto their cars much longer than the standard models simply because of the rarity factor.

Last edited by shawminator; 09-22-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:16 AM
wwjd is infamous around these parts
Oh no, I thought that's a pt cruiser for a second. My bad.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
The hump is but ugly and if that's the only paint color it comes in.... However, I bet they sell every one of them and 20 years from now the next generation of Porsche enthusiasts will be fighting over them at prices above the current purchase price. Got tolove Porsche's marketing savvy. They know who their customers are.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:48 PM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dadio
The hump is but ugly and if that's the only paint color it comes in.... However, I bet they sell every one of them and 20 years from now the next generation of Porsche enthusiasts will be fighting over them at prices above the current purchase price. Got tolove Porsche's marketing savvy. They know who their customers are.
agree except it selling for premium...maybe a premium if the car just sits with zero miles..basically its a 911 with options and few extra ponies (the next 911 will have at least that many if not closer to 420)...nothing special..rather spend a few extra bucks and get a turbo..no contest

Old 09-22-2010, 05:38 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
The Speedster is actually priced much higher than a Turbo.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:44 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Gj325
Way to much but I love it
I love it too!

Old 09-22-2010, 08:11 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JenK
I love it too!
If I had not already spent a year in the Turbo S build I could see my self in the Speedester. But that's my problem I will most likely never be totally satisfied with one car. My wife may shoot me if she reads this as she always reminds me her mother shot her last husband
Only she isn't kidding she really did( mother that is)

Old 09-22-2010, 10:11 PM
TXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really nice
It's another over priced "special".... $204K, are you kidding me? Imagine the profit on that one? You could buy an R8 Spyder with a V10 and keep 30K in your pocket.

Just as soon as you get it Porsche will hit the streets with something like this...

Old 09-23-2010, 10:52 AM
For those of you who think that this car is overpriced, that may be so, but consider this. Due to its limited production, it will be one of the most desirable and collectible Porsches produced in years. My dealer confirmed with me today that only 90 will be coming stateside. Moreover, if you look at the prices of what a used '89 Speedster would cost you (of which there were nearly 800 sent to the US), those cars are selling in the $75K range. That's a 20 year old car that is commanding the same price that it did when it was sold new in 1989. Now factor in that only 90 2011 Speedsters will be in the US, and you are looking at a car that will be extremely hard to get and likely to depreciate less than any other 911 in Porsche's line-up.

Last edited by shawminator; 09-23-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:59 AM
TXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really nice
Originally Posted by shawminator
For those of you who think that this car is overpriced, that may be so, but consider this. Due to its limited production, it will be one of the most desirable and collectible Porsches produced in years. My dealer confirmed with me today that only 90 will be coming stateside. Moreover, if you look at the prices of what a used '89 Speedster would cost you (of which there were nearly 800 sent to the us), those cars are selling in the $75K range. That's a 20 year old car that is commanding the same price that it did when it was sold new in 1989. Now factor in that only 90 2011 Speedsters will be in the US, and you are looking at a car that will be extremely hard to get and likely to depreciate less than any other 911 in Porsche's line-up.
It's still way over priced, even if it is limited.

Technology wise your buying a Carrera S Cab for fully loaded and customized to the max Turbo S cab money.

It's not worth a 100% premium over the Carrera Cab.

Last edited by TXTurbo; 09-23-2010 at 11:14 AM. Reason: I forgot the "S"
Old 09-23-2010, 11:20 AM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
actually people are more worried about losing money on the car...doesnt matter if the car is 300k-50k...which one is going to take a greater hit...I like one off ...something you wont see 5 of at a car show ......the speedster is HOT...will it follow in the GT2's shoes (I ordered one and calculated wrong on the hit aspect) ...I'm guessing this car will have more mass appeal since it's a road car...

Old 09-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Spoiler alert!!!

Just got some inside scoop from Germany thanks to my hook up in Middle East, well this is Porsche Model Projection by the End of 2010

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The Speedster is Here...