997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Speedster is Here...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
... and here is todays special!!!

Attached Images  
Old 09-23-2010, 12:06 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zookie
Just got some inside scoop from Germany thanks to my hook up in Middle East, well this is Porsche Model Projection by the End of 2010
The one with the 12 spoilers should be a winner...the gt2, gt3, 911 RS SS

Old 09-23-2010, 12:28 PM
shawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really nice
I for one am willing to pay a premium for the car because it will be rare and unique, and it looks incredible. If you want to approach it from a profitability standpoint, look no further than the Turbo being the most overpriced example. There's almost $30k in profitability in each Turbo. It costs a fraction of that for what you really get. Yet, people buy Turbos left and right and have no issue paying the premium.

Look at it from another perspective, Turbos also depreciate more rapidly than any other car in Porsche's lineup. I know firsthand, as I just sold my 2009 Turbo Cab for $105k and it had a sticker of $152k. I promise you that the Speedster which be a much better investment and hold its value better given that there will only be 90 in the US. They will indeed be a rare sighting. More importantly, I want one because I love the way it looks. That's really what matters most, at least to me!

Last edited by shawminator; 09-23-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:06 AM
dw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud of
What happened to the backseats? Can the kids be transported under the hump?

Old 09-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by dw.metro
What happened to the backseats? Can the kids be transported under the hump?
Not if your wife finds out.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:16 AM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by shawminator
I for one am willing to pay a premium for the car because it will be rare and unique, and it looks incredible. If you want to approach it from a profitability standpoint, look no further than the Turbo being the most overpriced example. There's almost $30k in profitability in each Turbo. It costs a fraction of that for what you really get. Yet, people buy Turbos left and right and have no issue paying the premium.

Look at it from another perspective, Turbos also depreciate more rapidly than any other car in Porsche's lineup. I know firsthand, as I just sold my 2009 Turbo Cab for $105k and it had a sticker of $152k. I promise you that the Speedster which be a much better investment and hold its value better given that there will only be 90 in the US. They will indeed be a rare sighting. More importantly, I want one because I love the way it looks. That's really what matters most, at least to me!
Thats one way to look at it. To me all these "specials" are basically accessorized 997's and we know the resale hx of this sort of thing (powerkits, first editions, etc). Every time they bang out a new "custom" they are diluting the gene pool. They are ridiculously over priced, never a good thing for resale. Lastly, the "beauty and the beholder" thing. I'm not seeing what you are. I wouldn't convince myself it is a good investment if I were you. The new model will render them all moot so you better really want that car imo.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:30 AM
shawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really nice
I have to politely disagree with you Gjpli. As I pointed out in one of my earlier posts, the rarity of a 911 limited production (not a regular variant, e.g. Targa 4S) vehicle will keep resale values higher. How else do you explain that a 20 year old '89 Speedster, of which there were 800 produced for the US versus only 90 now, still commands almost the same price today it did back when it was sold new. I do agree that this car will depriciate, but certainly not like every other Porsche. Your comment about the new model rendering the Speedster moot is contrary to the evidence I just provided on the '89 Speedster. Besides, I am buying this car not primarily for an investment, but rather to drive and enjoy it. I am fortunate enough to be in a position where I am able to purchase a new 911 every year. I'll happily sign up for the 991 in '12. The only difference is that instead of trading in my existing 911, I will hold onto and enjoy the Speedster for years to come...

Last edited by shawminator; 09-24-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:33 PM
I have to politely disagree with you Gjpli. As I pointed out in one of my earlier posts, the rarity of a 911 limited production (not a regular variant, e.g. Targa 4S) vehicle will keep resale values higher. How else do you explain that a 20 year old '89 Speedster, of which there were 800 produced for the US versus only 90 now, still commands almost the same price today it did back when it was sold new. I do agree that this car will depriciate, but certainly not like every other Porsche. Your comment about the new model rendering the Speedster moot is contrary to the evidence I just provided on the '89 Speedster. Besides, I am buying this car not primarily for an investment, but rather to drive and enjoy it. I am fortunate enough to be in a position where I am able to purchase a new 911 every year. I'll happily sign up for the 991 in '12. The only difference is that instead of trading in my existing 911, I will hold onto and enjoy the Speedster for years to come...
Nuff said. I'm keeping my 06 CS in response to this proliferation of end of model year classics. We'll see. Good luck and post pix

Old 09-24-2010, 03:00 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
I am fortunate enough to be in a position where I am able to purchase a new 911 every year.
Nice stable - do you need a partner or assistant?

Old 09-24-2010, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Nice stable - do you need a partner or assistant?
The unspoken Q: Why would anyone buy a new Porsche every year? Must enjoy those break in miles.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Brian777 is infamous around these parts
looks cool! they should have shortened the windscreen too like the 80s speedster

Old 09-25-2010, 09:16 PM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
Bring on the Carrera CS

Club Sport. 2700 lbs. at little or no premium...

DRP

Old 09-25-2010, 09:21 PM
shorty winshield and roof height would be more interesting...

like this...

Old 09-25-2010, 09:26 PM

hmmm had not seen the speculation one below here:

I kinda like it OK...

Old 09-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Auto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the rough
At that price it ought to include an autographed photo of James Dean.

Oh, that was bad. My jokes are in very poor taste.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The Speedster is Here...