997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Speedster is Here...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Brian777 is infamous around these parts

sorry for all the different posts... kind of a cool comparison shot... the 80s version

this thread has lots of cool shots!!
speedsters

Old 09-26-2010, 06:48 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
went to a porsche event on sat with PNA

members giving a presentation on the car. They said 97 will come to the US. I'm not sold on the looks so the price does not really matter to me, but even if it did I would have to say for my 204k in porsche dollars I would have a GT3 and a boxster spyder. I'm sure porsche will have no problem shifting all 356 of them to people that like the look and have much much deeper pockets than me.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:18 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
I like it. And I LOVE the interior. Especially the checked seats.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:11 PM
kansaiplus is infamous around these parts
I like it!

Old 12-05-2010, 04:32 PM
9114evr is infamous around these parts
2011 Speedster

I was curious and went on Porsches web site. I "Built" a Carrera "S" Cab.with all the goodies that the speedster comes with.(exept,of course,the body modifications) It comes in at around $150,000. If you sent your 911 to Porsche have those mods done later,(which they won't do)it would be at least another 50 grand.Any of you guys that have built or have had cars built know that.I don't know if the car is special enough to lay out 200 grand for,however,I can't recall the last time Porsche made a model of only 100 available for U.S. consumption.Yes...GT2RS's
and such are very low production,but their bodies are the same as Turbos.(not that that is a bad thing)I'll compare it to Plymouth Roadrunners(sorry guys)Even if your Roadrunner has an original 426 Hemi,The price of a Hemi powered superbird is three times the money.Looks count.Yes,they look goofy and only 135 Hemi superbirds left the Factory,but they are unique.The speedster has worldwide appeal.
Superbirds do not. I believe they will be a gem for the owners in the future(worst case,their kids!)You could not give a superbird away in the 70's. I love that speedster.Just wish I got my name in early.Too late.They are ALL gone. J.M.O. Motor on!

Old 12-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Kuhl997 has a spectacular aura aboutKuhl997 has a spectacular aura about
What i find interesting....the speedster does not have a rear spoiler installed with that GT3 looking front spoiler. I thought about replacing my OEM bumper covers with the GT3 styled one's but the dealer always says if you install the front spoiler, you must install a rear spoiler. I guess at high speeds it creates unwanted lift. I have a cab and I am not fond of any available spoilers for cabs. So, why doesn't this car need a rear spoiler?

Old 12-06-2010, 12:43 PM
9114evr is infamous around these parts
speedster

Hi Kuhl. I don't really know,but it kinda smells like horse**** on the dealers part.On 89 speedsters, most were produced with turbo bodies with
no rear whale tail.(they look really weird with one)However they did not have the turbo's front valance.......So maybe there is something to it.By the way,the new speedster does have a rear spoiler.It deploys automaticly at a designated speed.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Auto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the rough
I hate to say this being a Porsche guy and all but when Porsche cars get north of 200K then it's time to look at Ferrari. It just seems like a better investment. That said, I'm sure Speedster owners will do well with these providing they don't drive them much, if at all.

I know my friend adias will disgree with me because he is a big advocate of driving your Porsche every day and not worrying about how many miles you put on it but I must respectfully counter argue that when it comes to these super limited editions (i.e. GT1's, Factory Slant Noses, GT2 RS and of course Speedsters) the least amount of miles generates the most captal gains.

According to what I read 356 of the new Speedsters will be built (gee, I wonder where they got THAT number from ) and about 100 are slated for the US. We'll assume that Jerry Seinfeld is getting one so that means that 99 are still available.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:27 AM
shawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really nice
My dealer called me a couple of months ago to offer me the one Speedster allocation that they were getting. I originally took it but later decided to pass on it, as I just didn't feel the car was special enough to justify the price. The exclusivity of only 100 coming stateside was indeed appealing, but I really wish Porsche would have done more with the engine to make it uber special. The simple addition of the powerkit wasn't enough for me. Now if they would have slapped in a GT3 engine, I would have been all over it. That would have been a real classic.