997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Speedster is Here...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 07:32 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
The Speedster is Here...

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/25...speedster.html

From EVO:

Last week the 911 GTS, this week the 911 Speedster. Anyone would think Porsche was having difficulty flogging 911s at the moment, so is coming up with ever more inventive ways of shifting metal.

Just 356 examples of the Speedster are being made available worldwide – as if you needed another clue to point you to the fact this car aims to recreate the spirit of the original 1953 356 Speedster.

Porsche is heavily into plundering the back catalogue at the moment: this year we’ve already had the Boxster Spyder reliving the 550 Spyder and the 911 Sport Classic doing a ducktail impersonation of a 1973 Carrera RS (on video here).

The 911 Speedster uses the same 408bhp engine as the Sport Classic – and come to think of it, the 911 GTS. It’s also rear-wheel drive, has the PDK gearbox as standard and uses the 44mm wider Carrera 4 body.

In Porsche’s own words it’s been ‘designed and conceived by the Porsche Exclusive department in Stuttgart’, to help celebrate that arms 25th anniversary next year. Before you go thinking this is a good thing, Porsche Exclusive does all the personalisation stuff, not the RS stuff.

Two seat only, it has a 60mm lower windscreen and the iconic double bubble humps at the back. Unique Pure Blue paint is standard, but you can have yours Carrera White for no extra charge.

Like the £137,900 Sport Classic, the Speedster will wear an equally hefty price tag when it goes on sale next January at a cost of £144,100.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:46 PM
JTaylorGT has a spectacular aura aboutJTaylorGT has a spectacular aura about
But is it coming to North America? It's hard for me to get excited about a new 911 if it won't be offered over here...I'll take mine in white BTW - not crazy about all the blue, it's too over done IMO. And what's with the double bubble? It's like they got lazy and just molded it over the traditional convertible roof edges - it looks awkward and needs to be smoothed out...

Old 09-20-2010, 07:52 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Interior is awful!

Rest of the car is cool though.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
way too expensive...but the blue is nice.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:24 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
way too expensive...but the blue is nice.
It's blue, when do you get yours?

Old 09-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
fugly

Old 09-20-2010, 08:49 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting. This should be appealing to many and the limited production numbers should also make this quite appealing. Interior is a bit much but there should surely be a more muted option.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan
It's blue, when do you get yours?
my wife said no more blue car......actually, she said no more car buying, period.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Way to much but I love it

Old 09-20-2010, 09:57 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Agreed, white would look better. Not digging the checkerboard pattern on the seats. I also notice what appear to be Fuchs style wheels and matte black stone guards a la earlier 911s.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:00 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Jamuary ?
Hmmmmm... I wonder if the 991 won't launch until model year 2013 .
How can they explain releasing two specialty high priced cars and redesign the model line before the owner finishes break in period ?

Old 09-20-2010, 11:38 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
And I thought the hump in the back of a cab was big...silly me. I like the black chip protector in the rear...actually thought of doing that mod...kind of old school flare.

J

Old 09-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
my wife said no more blue car......actually, she said no more car buying, period.
If you want, I will take care of the RS.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:09 AM
Vincent997S is infamous around these parts
Last version before the new model ? (i've said that on the GTS)

It is very soon the Motor Show in France, they say that there will be a surprise, I think that the speedster will be presented.

V.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:50 AM
pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The Speedster is Here...