997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

H&R Springs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 04:02 PM
TrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the rough
Question H&R Springs?

Are H&R Springs a good choice if i want to lower the car a little bit ? i have the PASM from the factory, which im told i can still use with these springs.. what do you guys think? i dont want to put junk on here and i dont want to screw up the ride.. i need help! thx guys

Old 09-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porscheboy997
Are H&R Springs a good choice if i want to lower the car a little bit ? i have the PASM from the factory, which im told i can still use with these springs.. what do you guys think? i dont want to put junk on here and i dont want to screw up the ride.. i need help! thx guys
Most Porsche owners who lower their vehicles use H&R in order to do so.

-Eli

Old 09-22-2010, 05:24 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
If I am NOT mistaken....the H&R lower the car alot!

When you say a "bit"....how many inches are you talking?

My Eibachs lowered my car around 1 inch which wasn't enough for me,so I switched to coil-overs so I could dial it in EXACTLY the height I wanted.Another car I have done work on with H&R coils was as low as mine on coil-overs.....(check the pics in my album to see) definitely MORE than an inch.

GL....

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 09-22-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:29 PM
sleek-sam is infamous around these parts
I have H&R's and I can say it did lower it alot.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
I went with Eibach springs because they lower the car, but not as much as H&R.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:48 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porscheboy997
use eibach.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:01 AM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
Are you moving house? I only ask because with the issues you have already getting onto your driveway, H&R will make it all but impossible! H&R's lower quite a lot, much more so than the Eibach's or an adjustable coilover set. In fact, isn't it the H&R's that are notorious for lowering even more after the bedding in period?

Old 09-23-2010, 07:17 AM
jacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nice
The Bilstein PSS9 coilover systems offers nearly infinite adjustability relative to both height and quality of ride. Certainly more money, but you will have th peace of mind knowing that you can track, tour, etc. without having to compromise anything.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:24 AM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't adding aftermarket springs to stock shocks cause them to fail over time?

Old 09-23-2010, 08:39 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sizquik
Doesn't adding aftermarket springs to stock shocks cause them to fail over time?
Time causes the shocks to fail, lowering the car arguably effects the shocks, some say no because it is set to the same height in Europe, and others say that there is more compression on the shock, and they wear out sooner.

Buy a CO, costs a little more for the part, but the install is the same cost. At the end of the day you have a much better product, and many of the CO's have life time warranties.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:56 PM
TrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
Most Porsche owners who lower their vehicles use H&R in order to do so.

-Eli
do you think it would be a mistake to get the H&R springs and leave the stock shocks?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:39 PM
vrnkc is infamous around these parts
I installed the Eibach springs- lowered one inch. The technical writer for either Excellence magazine or Roundel magazine (can't remember which one or both) said that one inch will not effect the stock shocks. Therefore, I would not lower more than one inch--even at this height, I have to be careful in an out of driveways etc. BTW, my base 997 looks great at this new lowered height.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:34 PM
kansaiplus is infamous around these parts
I have H&R on my 997 and like it alot better than stock spring