997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Took car to the Dealership today. TPMS & Spoiler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Took car to the Dealership today. TPMS & Spoiler

I had the morning off and so I called to see if I could stop by and have a few issues checked out.

A) TPMS System has been inactive for about three weeks. It tries to learn but after about 30 minutes, gives up.

B) Spoiler squeaks when deploying. Don't notice when I drive but when I wash it I hear it.

Resolutions....

A) was told that the batteries in the sensors have reached the end of their life and that all four must be replaced and it's not covered under CPO so it'll cost me $900. I told them to hold off and I'd just do it next time I get tires. I wouldn't have ordered this feature on the car so I can live w/o it until then.

B) Spoiler drive motor needs to be replaced and that is covered under CPO so It'll be done this week.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:48 PM
doug2255 has a spectacular aura aboutdoug2255 has a spectacular aura about
Good info on the spoiler squeak - mine does that too!

Thanks!

Old 09-27-2010, 02:08 PM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
don't forget you can buy same beru TPMS from tirerack for $400 shipped.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
I had the morning off and so I called to see if I could stop by and have a few issues checked out.

A) TPMS System has been inactive for about three weeks. It tries to learn but after about 30 minutes, gives up.

B) Spoiler squeaks when deploying. Don't notice when I drive but when I wash it I hear it.

Resolutions....

A) was told that the batteries in the sensors have reached the end of their life and that all four must be replaced and it's not covered under CPO so it'll cost me $900. I told them to hold off and I'd just do it next time I get tires. I wouldn't have ordered this feature on the car so I can live w/o it until then.

B) Spoiler drive motor needs to be replaced and that is covered under CPO so It'll be done this week.
New sensors on tirerack are $384 for all four wheels. I would not settle for $900. Craziness

Old 09-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
Sorry skim beat me to it.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
excellent info on spoiler as mine squeaks too!

Good call to wait on replacing TPMS until next tire change. They have to break the tire bead to replace and most places will hit you w/ a full mount charge per wheel when replacing...

Old 09-27-2010, 03:23 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
The thing is, I would have never ordered the TPMS but I have come to like it as a feature. I just replaced the rears and the fronts I'll replace this spring because i'm taking the car on a long road trip through the southwest with the wife for my birthday. I figure I'll get it done then.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:39 PM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sleepy996
Sorry skim beat me to it.
LOL - but you were more accurate with the price

Old 09-27-2010, 05:32 PM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
It costs $400. to replace the batteries in the tires???????
How long to they last in a perfect world?????????

Old 09-27-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by jakesdad
4 to 5 years.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by jakesdad

Not sure im proud of that it just means i have to much time on my hands.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:09 PM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by doug2255
Good info on the spoiler squeak - mine does that too!

Thanks!
Mine did too, but all they did to mine was lubricate the slides on the spoiler. No problems since then.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:36 PM
alexstjo is infamous around these parts
can you explain what you mean by "i hear it when I wash the car". I just washed mine and the spoiler is stick. It will not go down all the way. I am really mad because it only has 2300 miles on it! I hope i didn't break it as I put the spoiler up to wash and wax it.

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'

Resolutions....

Old 01-01-2011, 03:57 PM
It would squeak. Fine now. Dealer replaced the whole mechanism under cpo warranty.

Originally Posted by alexstjo
can you explain what you mean by "i hear it when I wash the car". I just washed mine and the spoiler is stick. It will not go down all the way. I am really mad because it only has 2300 miles on it! I hope i didn't break it as I put the spoiler up to wash and wax it.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Dave in Oregon is infamous around these parts
I had spoiler creaking when put up manually and dealer lubricated the mechanism. Silent now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Took car to the Dealership today. TPMS & Spoiler