997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche 997 Sirius Satellite Radio Interface installed!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche 997 Sirius Satellite Radio Interface installed!!

Hey guys. I've been on the hunt for a factory integrated satellite radio unit, and finally found something. I recently purchased and installed the NAV-TV Sirius Satellite Radio interface in my 997 and it works like a charm. It is a great alternative to the factory unit that Porsche offers. It all works through the radio through factory fiber optics, there is no external control. It is compatible with 2005-2008 Porsche with PCM2 Radio. You can also add bluetooth and iPod integration.

Here is the NAV-TV kit:

Here are some install pics and what the interface looks like:

Locking bolt that must be removed:

Harness plug:

Interface installed:

I liked this system so much, that I would like to offer it to the community so I am now a dealer and I will now be stocking them! Post up or email me with any questions.

Click here to order yours!!

Have a great day!

Old 09-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
Good to see an alternative.

Can it be stacked w/ a Dension unit?

Ouch on the pricing - where would a group buy land (how many)? And how does it compare to the XM retrofit available (both on price and functionality)?

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Sezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to behold
Is there a unit for 09+?

Old 09-28-2010, 10:07 PM
KGemini22 is infamous around these parts
Uhhhh ORRRR, just so you guy's are aware... the Factory 2009 Cayenne XM RADIO (ABOUT SAME PRICE) works seamlessly with all 997's with PCM 2.1 such as the 2008 and older's w/ the respective PCM I just mentioned. The best part is, it COMPLETELY works like stock as it IS stock and there are not FUNNY menu's or FUNNY buttons/steps you have to complete to get it done. Take my word for it. I have ordered it and having it installed because I had seen this elsewhere. If anyone want's proof let me know I can send pictures of it in my 2008 Targa 4s in a few days.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:33 AM
leneuromancer has a spectacular aura aboutleneuromancer has a spectacular aura about
The NAV-TV is a great unit (save for the price) ..I got mine for a steal (~$300) about 2 years ago and I use it every day

Old 09-29-2010, 09:40 AM
alanm is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by KGemini22
Uhhhh ORRRR, just so you guy's are aware... the Factory 2009 Cayenne XM RADIO (ABOUT SAME PRICE) works seamlessly with all 997's with PCM 2.1 such as the 2008 and older's w/ the respective PCM I just mentioned. The best part is, it COMPLETELY works like stock as it IS stock and there are not FUNNY menu's or FUNNY buttons/steps you have to complete to get it done. Take my word for it. I have ordered it and having it installed because I had seen this elsewhere. If anyone want's proof let me know I can send pictures of it in my 2008 Targa 4s in a few days.
I would love to see the pictures when you are done. I would also like to know the cost, if you don't mind. I've been contemplating doing the Cayenne XM install on my '08 C2 for months. Are you having it done by a dealer, or custom installer?

Old 09-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KGemini22
What funny buttons?? there is no Sat button on the radio...so you have to press am/fm not sure how the stock ones works but it can't be much different.

When I called my sales rep at the dealer about the cayenne unit he said they stopped selling them because they had peoblems with them and porsche would not warranty the radios because the units were installed and not made for the cars. Not sure if thats true just telling you what he said I have no experience with the cayenne unit.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche sells a factory upgrade for the 997 PCM. Suncoast sells it for around $770. While I doubt there is any difference between it and the Cayenne unit, buy the Porsche unit that states it's specifically for your car and you won't have to worry about it messing up your radio or creating any warranty insues down the road.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Dadio
Porsche sells a factory upgrade for the 997 PCM. Suncoast sells it for around $770. While I doubt there is any difference between it and the Cayenne unit, buy the Porsche unit that states it's specifically for your car and you won't have to worry about it messing up your radio or creating any warranty insues down the road.
As far as I know there is not a unit made for the 911 from porsche.... the cayenne can be retrofitted but is not the correct unit. Porsche claims they wont warranty radio with it.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:47 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
At one time, Porsche offered both XM and SIRIUS kit for the Cayennes. By adding a few parts, it's possible to fit this kit on 2005-2008 Boxster, Cayman, and Carrera models with the PCM head unit.

The complete SIRIUS kit was discontinued, but replacement parts can still be pieced-together to make a kit.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 10-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by suncoastric
At one time, Porsche offered both XM and SIRIUS kit for the Cayennes. By adding a few parts, it's possible to fit this kit on 2005-2008 Boxster, Cayman, and Carrera models with the PCM head unit.

The complete SIRIUS kit was discontinued, but replacement parts can still be pieced-together to make a kit.
I stand corrected on the "Porsche sells a factory upgrade" statement. But if I read your comments correctly the kit you make available utilizes the same components as the original factory kit and us such would still be my prefered method of doing the upgrade. And if the parts are sourced from Porsche, piece meal or not, that would constitute a factory upgrade in my book, even though you folks were gracious enough to put it together and not Porsche.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:01 AM
BoxsterG is infamous around these parts
Chris,

Yes there is a Porsche option available but I am sure the someone looking for NAVTV will be happy to know that you have it available as well.

Thanks for the information

Old 10-03-2010, 07:24 PM
KGemini22 is infamous around these parts
I will grab some photo's if I can remember, I keep forgetting ! Anyhow, I paid a few bucks less than this at my dealership. I had the blue-tooth, iPod/aux, and this factory 09 Cayenne XM tune installed all at once. Total was about 1500 for parts and 1680 for install. Separately would of been about 2100 for labor. Way too high, and it's something most can do on there own. Either way, for the XM anyone who has a 996/997 2005-2008 DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE BUT THIS. It's the ONLY way to go . Fully covered under warranty and it works perfect. They installed the antenna under thew windshield wiper cover. Totally hidden and haven't dropped a signal except for when under bridges, but what radio doesn't.

Note - MY PCM is 2.1

Another Note - Boardwalk Porsche in Plano, TX is where I had the work done, also where I purchased the car.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...7S_electronics

Old 05-12-2014, 01:29 PM
avmech is infamous around these parts
Ok I am late to the game here, but I was just told that I can not get sirius xm on my 2008 GTS. so with that being said, what kit is out there now that I can add to my car that will work with the factory set up. I have read the posts on here and I tried to e-mail sun coast parts but for some reason my mail is not going through to them.