997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GTS details

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 06:46 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
The GTS is going to be 1 really super cool Porsche! I wish I was in the position to get one but I'd probably take a huge bath on my 09 Carrera S.

Doug, does the GTS come with the lower Sport PASM? and can you opt for 5 lug wheels?

Old 09-30-2010, 11:06 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mdrums
The GTS is going to be 1 really super cool Porsche! I wish I was in the position to get one but I'd probably take a huge bath on my 09 Carrera S.

Doug, does the GTS come with the lower Sport PASM? and can you opt for 5 lug wheels?
I tried to answer these on Rennlist (still searching for the 5-lug bolt answer), but since you asked a slightly different question (Sport PASM as standard or option) the PASM is standard, but the PASM Sport Suspension (also called Sport PASM or SPASM) is an option.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:13 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Something I almost forgot - on the GTS, you can order the Sport Chrono software retrofit without the clock on the dashboard directly from the factory. It has a Tequipment part number (I don't have it, but your dealer will).

Old 10-01-2010, 07:46 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gravedgr
I tried to answer these on Rennlist (still searching for the 5-lug bolt answer), but since you asked a slightly different question (Sport PASM as standard or option) the PASM is standard, but the PASM Sport Suspension (also called Sport PASM or SPASM) is an option.
Great....a GTS with Sport PASM (SPASM) would be totally awesome! I hate wanting what I can't have!

Old 10-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by mdrums
Great....a GTS with Sport PASM (SPASM) would be totally awesome! I hate wanting what I can't have!
That's what I ordered.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:16 PM
GothamHistorian is infamous around these parts
I was thinking that the GTS would be a nice over 400hp replacement for my 05 3.6 997 next year, but at $105K MSRP with taxes, a few options...it'll probably run about $120-130K. That's getting into Ferrari Challenge Stradale prices! Maybe I'll keep my 997 and add a Stradale to it instead getting the latest and greatest 911.

I do love those centerlock wheels!

Old 10-02-2010, 07:47 PM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
Since u probably can't get a discount on the GTS - I'd spend a little more and get a turbo

Old 10-03-2010, 01:35 AM
pdto is infamous around these parts
WB on a RWD is definitely a big plus!

Old 10-03-2010, 03:48 AM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
It does seem to be an excellent configuration, particularly if one wants a cab. If not, I'd surely purchase a GT3. No question (flames no doubt, but for me, the edgier the better). But as a NA cab, it may be the last/best chance to get a super-CS before the next gen car comes along. And it seems that model is skewing just a bit to the GT-class configuration. I worry when I read about it that it will be getting more power, but more size and bulk and moving further away from the original design center of the earlier 911's.
I've planned on keeping my 2005 CS Cab, and potentially adding a turbo add-on, until I read the thread about the problems with turbos and 2005's. Oh well, it's not like I'm suffering
Congrats in advance to those who have ordered this new model. It surely seems like a winner.

Old 10-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by GothamHistorian
I was thinking that the GTS would be a nice over 400hp replacement for my 05 3.6 997 next year, but at $105K MSRP with taxes, a few options...it'll probably run about $120-130K. That's getting into Ferrari Challenge Stradale prices! Maybe I'll keep my 997 and add a Stradale to it instead getting the latest and greatest 911.

I do love those centerlock wheels!
What options were you thinking to add for $17-27k? My MSRP will be around $105k. No reliable Ferraris in that range I can drive daily or shuttle my kids to daycare with.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
Any of them in yet at dealerships? Real life pics?

Old 12-02-2010, 10:46 PM
One person had his built ~11/23 and should be on the ship, while mine was built on 12/1. None are at the dealerships yet except for press cars.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:56 PM
GTbeowulf is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jon8
i already imagine GTS owners claiming they belong to the "GT's club'' while "real" GT's owner refuses to admit "poor man GT3" in their family

I hope this is an attempt at humor ..... otherwise the statement makes no sense.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:02 PM
GTbeowulf is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Fantasma
Any of them in yet at dealerships? Real life pics?

It appears that Circle Porsche (Long Beach) has a Coupe and
Downtown LA Porsche has a Cab.
This was gleaned from their websites.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:03 PM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GTbeowulf

I hope this is an attempt at humor ..... otherwise the statement makes no sense.
I agree. A GTS is a Carrera, not a GT so I don't know who'd claim that. Though not the smartest thing I've done by a long shot, my 2006 Carrera cost me substantially more than a brand new base 2010 GT3 would. Poor man's GT3? What is so poor about its price compared to a GT3? It's not likely that someone who can afford a GTS cannot afford a GT3.

Last edited by cibergypsy; 12-03-2010 at 08:05 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTS details