997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

justification for higher education

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 09:33 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
justification for higher education

As a young man I had a poster with this title with a great garage with 5 super cars in it. This is my take. I'm a college drop out hence I'm missing the other 3 LOL

Old 10-06-2010, 10:01 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I thought we were going to get together....ya know cars, watches ect?

When are you going to bring one of those to Sebring? I am there this Saturday if you want to drive over and check it out. I can take your around for some hot laps so you can get a taste of the track.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:09 PM
simoncpj is infamous around these parts
The thing they don't teach you as you get advanced degrees is the key to maximizing the number of nice cars is to limit the number of not nice wives.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:20 PM
akacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to behold
What that poster was really saying is that we need somebody to design these things. If it weren't for higher education we would still be riding donkeys.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:37 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
I would love that but I'm going to Japan

Originally Posted by mdrums
I thought we were going to get together....ya know cars, watches ect?

When are you going to bring one of those to Sebring? I am there this Saturday if you want to drive over and check it out. I can take your around for some hot laps so you can get a taste of the track.
This weekend to pick up the new Trulli AP. lets get together soon. I have some really cool AP tourbillons to show you

Old 10-06-2010, 10:40 PM
very true

Originally Posted by simoncpj
The thing they don't teach you as you get advanced degrees is the key to maximizing the number of nice cars is to limit the number of not nice wives.
I'm not married but my lady actually pushed me to buy both cars. Her only fault is she made me get her a silly RR sport when we both knew the cayenne was the better truck

Old 10-07-2010, 06:46 AM
Tay Tay has a spectacular aura aboutTay Tay has a spectacular aura aboutTay Tay has a spectacular aura about
I guess I wont feel so bad if i drop out of college.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:38 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tourbillon001
As a young man I had a poster with this title with a great garage with 5 super cars in it. This is my take. I'm a college drop out hence I'm missing the other 3 LOL

There are plenty of guys and gals out there with MBA's waiting tables and delivering pizzas because all of their higher education didn't teach them smack about life in the real world. As long as they were associated with the academic world, twirling about in their little social groups, smoozing up the professors, and dreaming about the good life to come then all was well. Throw in a little adversity like a bad economy, and their whole life crumbles. The ones that survive are the ones that are able to think outside the box, are willing to take chances, and are agressive enough to tuck their chins and bull their way through. A Lambo and a Porsche is not a bad start, my friend. What other models are on your bucket list?

Old 10-07-2010, 10:30 AM
mshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura about
I remember that poster (1985 ish?)

One certainly doesn't need an advanced degree to start a successful business. Some guys have the smarts, savvy, and the motivation..... Congrats...

But for every college dropout that owns a house in Hawaii, has model girlfriends, and has a stable of sports cars......9,999 others are still playing xbox.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:33 AM
mshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura about
...but....I am envious of your garage. I'd love to have a midas Lambo G.

That higher-ed poster needs to be more about motivation and success and needs car upgrades. I'd start the first two cars with what you already have... and fill in a little 458 italia, Vanquish, and a B-GT.

Last edited by mshanler; 10-07-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:46 AM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
There's something to be said for just getting out there and doing something. People do take degrees too seriously, they are not the be all and end all of successful life. As has been said before, you don't learn business sense or nouse, it's something you just do to an extent.

That said, I'm going back to school to become a trauma surgeon rather than set up another business, so I'm delaying the gratification that comes with a well paying job for a few more years. After all, where would you all be without people like us who do go to medical school to keep you alive and riding/driving again!

Matt - I'll stop by sometime over the next couple of weeks, I'm just waiting to get my car back from the bodyshop.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
I have serious garage envy...

Last edited by Axxlrod; 10-08-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:20 AM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for that, some awesome garages there!

I feel pretty damn poor now

Old 10-07-2010, 11:35 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
For the majority of people the thought of buying a 90k car is right up there will selling a kidney, just not gonna happen. For someone who has one, it’s a joy to know that you were able to accomplish something, even if it was for a used one (a la me). For those who have two or more, you are in a very small group of people with wealth, or the desire to sacrifice for one, that oh so many people will never have a chance to do.

I hope that someday I will be able to have a small stable consisting of 2 or 3 high end sports cars followed by a nice family car or two. One can only dream and everyone’s situation is different.

I did not graduate from college, and my GF is 23 and runs her own doggie daycare business in Newton MA (she didn't even go to college). Here’s to hoping that my plans work out.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:58 AM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
I am 5 numbers and one mega away from having a garage like that!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: justification for higher education