997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

CR Spotless Washing system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 05:18 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
CR Spotless Washing system

I purchased the CR Spotless de-ionization system this past spring. Today I changed the resin for the first time, as the indicator on the system showed it was due for a change of resin. Here are some shots of the different colors of the resin that I removed from each of the cannisters. Normal is sandy color. The bottom half of the cannisters looked like coffee grounds.

The system has been great at preventing water spots, but as anticipated, once the counter exceeded the suggested limit, the effectiveness was reduced.

Attached Images   

Last edited by keninirvine; 10-07-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:30 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Just another "THING" that you need to maintain spending MORE of your money on,LOL!

Hard to believe THAT it gets that dirty from the same water they allow you to drink!

Stacy

Old 10-07-2010, 05:33 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
Just another "THING" that you need to maintain spending MORE of your money on,LOL!

Hard to believe THAT it gets that dirty from the same water they allow you to drink!

Stacy
You're the last person on this forum that should comment on people spending their money on things they don't need.

And, the minerals that cause water spots are good for us to drink. I think.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:57 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by keninirvine
I purchased the CR Spotless de-ionization system this past spring. Today I changed the resin for the first time, as the indicator on the system showed it was due for a change of resin. Here are some shots of the different colors of the resin that I removed from each of the cannisters. Normal is sandy color. The bottom half of the cannisters looked like coffee grounds.

The system has been great at preventing water spots, but as anticipated, once the counter exceeded the suggested limit, the effectiveness was reduced.

wooow is that a filter you have hooked up to your hose? and thats what it filterd out!?!? noo wayyyy

Old 10-07-2010, 06:22 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
You're the last person on this forum that should comment on people spending their money on things they don't need.

And, the minerals that cause water spots are good for us to drink. I think.
+1, nice one Ken

Old 10-07-2010, 06:33 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
+1, nice one Ken
I needed EVERYTHING I have ever bought........REALLY!
Except for maybe the wife,LOL!
Besides I haven't bought anything this week.....

Stacy

Old 10-07-2010, 07:45 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
I've been contemplating purchasing this system. De-ionized water is the way to go. How many washes do you get between changes?

Old 10-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
I've been contemplating purchasing this system. De-ionized water is the way to go. How many washes do you get between changes?
I wash my car every week or 2, and the resin lasted about 6 months or so. I pre-rinse the car, wash it, and rinse it with the de-ionized water.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:01 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
Resin life depends on only 2 factors: how much water you use to wash a car and the water hardness in your area. Water in my city is some of the hardest in the country. I'll be lucky to get 10 washes out of a batch of DIC-20 resin (that is the larger unit).

Old 10-07-2010, 10:58 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
+1

To help you determine how much resin you will need annually, you can calculate the amount of resin you need to deionize your water.

You will need to measure your TDS in ppm...you can try plugging in your DIC-10 with no cartridges and flush your tap water through the system and measure the ppm count to get your baseline TDS ppm.

Gallons of “Spot-free Water” = 235,000 / TDS X cubic feet of resin

The DIC-10 system has 2 canisters, with a total volume of 0.17 cubic feet resin. In my area, my water has a TDS of about 560...So a DIC-10 system would only give me 71 gallons of deionized water. If your water is as bad as mine (TDS of 560), then you may want to consider how much deionized water you actually need, and maybe limit your DI water to just the final rinse. A pressure washer with a gentle fan will help you conserve your DI. For example, in my area, an average car pre-rinse, wash, and spray down may consume up to 10-20 gallons. A DIC-10 will be used up in about 3-4 washes. Which is why I have a DIC-20 with a extra drum of resin.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:04 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Pshh...only 560, Bob? I think I posted 570+ here
Rocks...liquid rocks:O

Old 10-07-2010, 11:10 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bonehead
Pshh...only 560, Bob? I think I posted 570+ here
Rocks...liquid rocks:O
LMFAO...

(And the #1 reason why I don't own a black car any more )

Old 10-07-2010, 11:41 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Thanks for all the great info.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Dave's911 is infamous around these parts
Buying one of these systems was one of the best things I've spent money on in a long time. I was skeptical that it would really work at first, however, after using it for 6 months I couldn't be happier.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
What do these systems cost?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CR Spotless Washing system