997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Hated on, yet again :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 01:44 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sizquik
Sorry to hear. Socal has to have the most knuckleheads / clowns on the planet
+1. Who the hell messes with other people's cars anymore? This is just plain retarded.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:13 PM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
Are you sure it's the car and not you that's being picked on??? I've had all kinds of special cars over the years and never had problems...

Last edited by jakesdad; 10-08-2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: spellink
Old 10-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Sven has a spectacular aura aboutSven has a spectacular aura about
Jakesdad: If you look at the LAPD crime map you'll see thefts from cars and vandalism are pretty rampant in L.A. We've got plenty of dudes with bad attitudes here, sadly. I've never been to Avon Lake Ohio, but I'm guessing its a lot more genteel than here, family values, etc.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Mark Ducati is infamous around these partsMark Ducati is infamous around these parts
File a police report... hopefully the state of Louisiana (or is that Los Angeles) where your from? Hopefully they have an "uninsured motorist" clause for your insurance...

Someone backed into my back bumper.... $2000 fix! Here in GA, I didn't have a deductible and my insurance rate wont go up as I wasn't in the car at the time of the accident... it was hit and run that they considered as if I was hit by an uninsured motorist.

Good luck, hope you get your baby fixed soon.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:28 PM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Sven
Jakesdad: If you look at the LAPD crime map you'll see thefts from cars and vandalism are pretty rampant in L.A. We've got plenty of dudes with bad attitudes here, sadly. I've never been to Avon Lake Ohio, but I'm guessing its a lot more genteel than here, family values, etc.

I'm probably not gonna look up the crime statistics for Orange County or whatever county it is but if my car was screwed over once I'd be PO'd, if it was screwed over a second time then I'd sleep in it ... if they screwed it up again and I didn't wake up then I'd buy a rusted Ford Pinto and drive it to another county in a civilized part of this country.(possibly Avon Lake, Ohio) and buy a used Porsche that didn't come from California and got a clean bill of health from CARFAX.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Weasel is just really niceWeasel is just really niceWeasel is just really niceWeasel is just really niceWeasel is just really nice
"So in the whiteboy way of slingin crack rock, I became a broker..."

What does this mean Sleepy996?? Before I take offense, I thought I'd ask....

Old 10-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Dharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud of
That really sucks and it is sad that there are people out there that damage other peoples cars or other property for whatever reason. But you really have to ask yourself it you want to confront someone in a situation like this. Remember that this is property damage. If you try to call the police they will be long gone before the police get there. And it you take some physical action you could be the one who ends up charged with Assault and Battery or some other crime. Or worse yet, they have a knife, gun or some other weapon and you end up injured or dead, it happens more often then you might want to think. So you really have to ask yourself if some damage to your car is worth risking you freedom or health.

I know it is tempting to want to confront these types of people, I think about it too, but life is pretty short and I think sometimes we have to just move on from these things. IMHO

Old 10-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Weasel
"So in the whiteboy way of slingin crack rock, I became a broker..."

What does this mean Sleepy996?? Before I take offense, I thought I'd ask....
It's a quote from Boiler Room if you havent watched it yet I suggest you do, excellent movie.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:22 AM
EvoX to 997 is infamous around these parts
Ah it hurts my soul to hear and see when this happens to gorgeous cars. Most likely some young person who does not yet understand the value of hard work and the benefits of such.

Last edited by EvoX to 997; 10-12-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Weasel is just really niceWeasel is just really niceWeasel is just really niceWeasel is just really niceWeasel is just really nice
Originally Posted by Sleepy996
It's a quote from Boiler Room if you havent watched it yet I suggest you do, excellent movie.
I've seen it, Sleepy996 -- good movie, I agree -- can't say I remember that quote or that I'm any less perturbed by your selection of it -- to each his own, I suppose. Thanks for responding.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:58 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear. I live just outside L.A. in "the valley" and had someone throw one of those plastic pre-made sushi cartons which was full of soy sauce on my car about 1 month ago. Happened pretty quickly because I was only in Subway for maybe about 10 minutes or so. Don't know why people have to act so foolishly. Guess it could be chalked up to acting out their jealousy

Old 10-12-2010, 01:18 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Yea, LA is full of retards and ingrates. I got a water bottle chucked at my car just minding my own business at a stop light.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:23 PM
ericyingling is infamous around these parts
Like a lot of previous posts, I am really sorry to read about this.

I lived in Los Angeles/Long Beach until 2005 when we moved to San Diego, been a 911 owner since 89 and haven't had problems like this. But what I have done for many years is had my Porsches as second cars, which would obviously cut down on the changes of vandalism.

I am not excusing this behavior, but were you taking up two spots instead of one? I know people get red hot over that no matter the car. Maybe someone you cut off before you pulled into the lot? Did you swoop on a spot someone else was waiting for? Again, not making excuses. Just seeing if there is anything you can change before you sell your car and buy a Jetta.

After you get your mirrors corrected, and the dust settles, know that the people that do things like this are f**king miserable humans.

Sorry man!

Old 10-12-2010, 03:36 PM
20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future
I am sorry to hear so many people have to go through similar instances. I've only had the car for less than nine months. I wish we all could come up with some sort of recourse or brainstorm ideas to limit the vandalism that occurs on our babies...

I wish there was some sort of devise that began recording our cars after we hit the lock button whereever we are recording the car and its surroundings via satellite pics! The movie would have to be really clear but would help to limit these instances especially if offenders know of the system!

Old 10-12-2010, 04:07 PM
renesis is infamous around these parts
i actually walked out of a bar two years ago with a few of my friends, catching a chicken$hit trying to break into my car with a slimjim. like he could steal a keyless car with pushbutton ignition. my nameless buddy ran college track, and caught up to the guy, who took off when he saw us running toward him. scared people run fast too, by the way. it was not pretty for him, and we never called the police. im not a parasite i can take care of my own problems most of the time.......i dont need some nosy pig sticking his nose into any of my personal business.

there are a lot of losers out there. jealous of our hard work and devotion to bettering ourselves. they think we are jerks because we have nice things, like we got lucky, or had rich mommy and daddys who bought us nice cars. they dont see the reality that most of us worked our asses off to get the things we have, and instead of buying crack we spent our money on a more rewarding addiction. jealousy is powerful but sad.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hated on, yet again :(