997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Woke up to my vandalized Porsche!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Former Vendor
Tal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond repute
That was done to my Q7. As tough or strong as you think you are, having your car vandalized leaves you feeling violated. Those people deserve to be hospitalized to months after a very harsh beating.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
I'm thinking something along those lines...
The problem is getting clear enough video to ID the criminals.

One would almost want to just go with the Bond anti-theft system from the Lotus... if they pry off the badge, the car explodes.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Rascus is infamous around these parts
I think the perps should be taken to the town center, strung up by their legs and flogged in public by every owner of a porsche.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:44 PM
simoncpj is infamous around these parts
Body shop is best idea (and probably not too expensive), but if you want to do it yourself...

If the scratch is down to the metal, you need to cover the metal with some paint - touch up is probably easiest, or you could get some spray clear coat (but then you need to mask the rest of the car or spray it in a box). If the scratch doesn't hit metal, some paint remains and not too deep, then just put the badge on. I would probably hit it with touch up either way just to be sure.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Former Vendor
acuteperformance is infamous around these parts
Oh man, sorry to hear. Some people are just jealous.

Michael
Acute Performance

Old 10-13-2010, 05:42 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
That sucks. Hope you get it fixed and the memory fades. I'd never park anything I like outside. If it's nice, people will destroy it for you.

J

Old 10-13-2010, 06:00 PM
marc2828 is infamous around these parts
So sorry that this world stinks. I find even some of my own friends are jealous with the comments they make. For someone to damage any car, let alone a beautiful Porsche that someone worked so hard to earn and enjoy really turns my stomach. Get the car fixed at a dealer recommended shop so it is perfect. People that vandalize are cowards and will pay sometime in their life.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:13 PM
EvoX to 997 is infamous around these parts
wow, these recent vandalism posts just shot GARAGE from #2 to #1 on my list of things my next house should have.

sorry to hear man, the violator will get his. hes probably some young punk who will end up working at burger king for the next 40 years and living in his moms house until he dies of heart failure.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:29 PM
avmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Minok
The problem is getting clear enough video to ID the criminals.

One would almost want to just go with the Bond anti-theft system from the Lotus... if they pry off the badge, the car explodes.
I went this route... the problem is that when I approach the car I can never remember if I disarmed it...

Old 10-13-2010, 07:44 PM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
I was so upset reading the part where they pried off the hood emblem that I went out in the driveway and removed mine. I used a screwdriver and a hammer... I removed the temptation for them to steal it...

Old 10-13-2010, 07:46 PM
avmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jakesdad
I was so upset reading the part where they pried off the hood emblem that I went out in the driveway and removed mine. I used a screwdriver and a hammer... I removed the temptation for them to steal it...
Wheels are a common target for theives too... ...better get back out there.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
I feel your pain!!!! It happened to me with my '94 Viper. I think some crazy chick keyed the perfect paint like a 4 year old with a crayon! Thought I was going to die when I saw it.

Get it fixed by a reputable body shop and put clear 3M bra over the hood.

Get a surveillance camera and a digital recorder(dvr). Most cameras nowadays have built-in infra red lights in it so they "see" in pitch dark like its daytime. I have a lot of experience with it ( I installed many in my nightclubs), would be happy to help.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Thank you all for your kind words. It really does help knowing many understand my frustration and general disgust with some people in this world.

I took a few pictures of the hood…

Old 10-15-2010, 04:41 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
If I saw someone doing that to my car, I don't know if I could stop myself from pinning them to the ground and turning their face/head into a pile of bloody mush.

J

Old 10-15-2010, 06:06 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear-ope your baby gets sorted out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Woke up to my vandalized Porsche!