997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Woke up to my vandalized Porsche!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Minok
The problem is getting clear enough video to ID the criminals.

One would almost want to just go with the Bond anti-theft system from the Lotus... if they pry off the badge, the car explodes.
"For Your Eyes Only!!!" Great movie.

To the OP: Sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience happen to me when I first moved to Atlanta. Lucky it was a Toyota (FX16) but I was young and I kept the car perfect so it still was a ***** dealing with the punks. It turned out to be some kids that lived in the Apt complex doing it . . . I moved.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:37 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
bunch of animals unreal sorry to hear that.. but yeah i would make them bite the side walk and i would stomp on there heads..

Old 10-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=Johnny DB;3007978]Thank you all for your kind words. It really does help knowing many understand my frustration and general disgust with some people in this world.

I took a few pictures of the hood…

Man, when I look those 2 pics all I could see was how they looked like what your face did when you saw your car. Pissed of and confused at the same time.

I hate people!

Sorry is all in can say.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:02 PM
roppy5 is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear that... I'm always nervous when I park my car anywhere. I have to say that is the worst part about owning a 911... having to leave it unattended.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Thanks again guys, means a lot! The scratch on the hood has been fixed and a new hood crest is on. I didn't realize there are 2 hood crests you can buy:

1.The less expensive one, which is now on any new Porsche. Still made in Germany and is metal but the crest itself is smooth to the touch. Cost is about $85.

2.The more expensive one, which is found on 997.1 and older cars (just guessing). Made in Germany, and of course metal, much shinier and is textured. Some parts of the crest are raised. Cost is a bout $205 from dealer.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:22 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
I certainly feel your pain. A dumbass backed into my rear bumper and scratched the side of the wheel/bumper but this is a lot worse and the scary part is that who is to say that this might not repeat. I would not have fixed the scratch as the crest would cover it anyway..did U ?
I would install a camera from your room or outside the building. At the very least they do sell signs that say something like "area under surveillance and has a illustration of a security camera" so that both the English and non Inglis speaking dirtbags can decipher what the board says. Car cover is a must on any P-car parked outside. Please ask your dealer who their go-to-guy is for bodywork and fix rest of the damage done.

Old 10-17-2010, 01:10 AM
chobit is infamous around these parts
I am sorry to hear that..! It happen to my 06 STi Dec Last year, and it was right in front of my drive way as well.
After that incident, I decided to add another alarm. In my case, it's the Clifford model which has a paging system within 1 mile. This allow me to have a relatively peace in mind.
Now that I have a 06 C4S, I transfer the alarm system over, and added prox. sensor as well.

If someone open their door and hit my car, the alarm should go off, and if someone is looking through the windows, the alarm woudl probably sound as well. Again, the whole point is the paging capability.

Take Care my friend.