997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Woke up to my vandalized Porsche!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 10:38 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Angry Woke up to my vandalized Porsche!

The hood crest was ripped off using a screwdriver or something sharp. I now have a really deep scratch where it used to be. It's weird but now the car will never be the same. The original "badge of honor" from the factory is now gone.

The side of the car was keyed but I think it can be removed with a good waxing or slight polishing. Not sure yet.

They also kicked the rear fender and there's a slight dent now.

All of this occurred in front of my home between 1:30-4 am.

Question: What do you guys recommend I put on the scratch? The new emblem (picking up later today) will cover it and there's nothing saying it will not happen again. Should I give it a good wax or should I put a bit of silicone or touch up paint? Those might be dumb ideas but I'm so upset right now and not thinking straight...words cannot describe the way I'm feeling. I know it's just a car but still!

Old 10-13-2010, 10:44 AM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
I thought that s..t went out in the 60s, back when popping the Wolfsburg badge off the hood of a V-Dub bug was popular.

Some people just deserve killin'..

I wouldn't mess with it. Take it to a reputable body shop and let them fix it so it's right. Then don't park the car on the street any more. Or tie two pissed off Rotties on it; one at each end..

Old 10-13-2010, 10:46 AM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Very sorry to hear this and feel your pain. Let your emotions settle before you do anything. If it were me I would get an estimate from a reputable body shop before I proceed.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:47 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Too keep these cars nice is tough - without a garage, I can't imagine...do you keep a cover over it?

Old 10-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Mark Ducati is infamous around these partsMark Ducati is infamous around these parts
And on a Tuesday night? What kind of thugs are out are weeknights? This seems more like a drunk weekend night kind of crime? I might consider it could have been local neighborhood kids... if you can, might not be a bad idea to put a video camera on your car after you it fixed in case the kids strike again... get 'em on tape and you might be able to identify them.

If you point the camera down from your house window, be sure to put some tape over the bright red dot that shows its on... they might see that. Most cameras have a slow setting for recording long lengths of the 8 hrs you're asleep... no vandalism, no need to review the tape, but if your car is messed with again, play the tape in fast mode until you see individuals around the car.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
Very sorry to hear this and feel your pain. Let your emotions settle before you do anything. If it were me I would get an estimate from a reputable body shop before I proceed.
Originally Posted by stevepow
Too keep these cars nice is tough - without a garage, I can't imagine...do you keep a cover over it?
Thanks for the support guys. Unfortunately, I cannot keep the car in the garage ATM.

I went out and had a better look at the damage.

The good news:
The fender will be fixed using PDR (I have a friend) and isn't really that bad but black shows everything. Also, the **** heads did a half assed job keying so I got all of it off with some wax and elbow grease. Thankfully the car was just waxed and likely helped out there.

The bad news:
Nothing has changed regarding the deep scratch under the hood crest/badge. I can't justify bringing it to a body shop to fix this as it could happen again. It will be covered by the hood crest so basically I want to seal it and put the badge back on. Any thoughts? I also don't like the fact that the panel will need to be painted and the cost is not worthy of going through the insurance.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Mark Ducati
And on a Tuesday night? What kind of thugs are out are weeknights? This seems more like a drunk weekend night kind of crime? I might consider it could have been local neighborhood kids... if you can, might not be a bad idea to put a video camera on your car after you it fixed in case the kids strike again... get 'em on tape and you might be able to identify them.

If you point the camera down from your house window, be sure to put some tape over the bright red dot that shows its on... they might see that. Most cameras have a slow setting for recording long lengths of the 8 hrs you're asleep... no vandalism, no need to review the tape, but if your car is messed with again, play the tape in fast mode until you see individuals around the car.
I'm thinking something along those lines...

Old 10-13-2010, 11:18 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
what the heck is wrong with people

Old 10-13-2010, 11:18 AM
silver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the rough
sorry to hear about the car. if you don't mind me asking, where do you live? in a residential neighborhood? apartment complex? what the car in your driveway? Some pics will also help members here offer you some sound advice.

I've been noticing these vandalism posts pop up more frequently on 6speed lately. not a good sign...even as a reckless teenager, i could never gather myself to vandalize a car that was is so beautiful.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:22 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stevepow
I have several friends who ride Harley Davidsons and enjoy going to various "bike week" celebrations. As you can expect, theft and vandalism is a problem even when it seems everyone is riding a bike. One of the best ploys they've found to keep prying eyes off of their bikes is to buy a large enough motorcycle cover to cover an HD that just happens to have a Honda Goldwing emblem on it. People won't look twice at it. Maybe you could try something similar. Find a cover that'll fit that has a Ford or Chevy emblem or name on it.

Then get the car off the street, if possible, and install a motion sensor security light on your place, again if possible, as a further measure.

I'd recommend a good body shop to do everything to get the car back in shape. That way you'll be sure that things are done correctly and you'll get the car back in it's original condition. It may be just a car, but it's your car, and it deserves to be right.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:36 AM
WaKAo.Diao is infamous around these parts
that sucks. hope you can get your baby fixed soon. post some pics?

Old 10-13-2010, 12:04 PM
mshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura about
Ugh! The risk of streetparking in a city! Sorry to hear that...

I don't think a car cover will ward off the vandals. Time to put on your Charles Bronson.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:07 PM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
That is just terribly wrong. I don't know what would happen if the same thing happened to mine and I caught the guy(s) in the act.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:37 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by sharkster
what the heck is wrong with people
a very good question.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Personally, I wouldn't have a friend do the work. If it's not perfect the part of you will always wonder if someone else could have done better and you loose the customer is right advantage if it goes sour.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Woke up to my vandalized Porsche!