997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New 997.2 ...A Unique Introduction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 07:53 AM
porscheconvert is infamous around these parts
New 997.2 ...A Unique Introduction

Please indulge my new rap song I wrote to introduce my new car - given this is a super car, it needed a proper super car introduction. This takes goofy and immature to whole new level, but at least you have some car **** to ease your anger at me. So...may I present my first original material semi-plagerized from Ice Cube:

Ice Cube's "Today was a Good Day" (Porsche version)

Just wakin up in the mornin gotta thank God
I dunno but today seemed kinda odd
no new listings from ads, feelin sad,
readin 6 speed kinda feelin bad...

I got my WSJ on, but didn't Stop-Loss out
Finally got a call from the dealer been tryin to dig out
Hooked it up later as i hit the do'
Thinkin will they do the deal...for anotha twenty fo'

I gotta go cus i'm thinkin bout this 6 speed
And if i hit the sport, you can hear the pipes breathe
Had to stop at a red light
Thinkin bout my guards red bein outa site
And everything's alright
Gotta deal from the stealer, he will do the deal tonight!

It's a 997.2 - 3.8 y'all
PSE, S-Chrono, Colored Caps, and aluminum ball
Now get me on the track and I'm trouble
DEs here I come, here's a thou...and another double

Today was like one of those fly dreams
Didn't even see the fuzz hittin those high beams
Even saw the lights of the good year blimp
And it said, Porscheconvert's a PIMP!

Today was a good day...

Attached Images    

Last edited by porscheconvert; 10-14-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:16 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Uh...ok. Don't give up your day job.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:35 AM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Nice car.. 'nuff said...

Old 10-14-2010, 10:39 AM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
Nice car!

Old 10-14-2010, 10:44 AM
HiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond repute
Wow she really is a beauty!! Congrats!! Can't believe i read the entire song haha

Old 10-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks, folks...got my Passport hardwired today. Very impressed with 997.2 vs. 997.1!

Old 10-14-2010, 01:56 PM
beachview is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by porscheconvert
Thanks, folks...got my Passport hardwired today. Very impressed with 997.2 vs. 997.1!
Why? Details please.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by beachview
Why? Details please.
1. I definitely feel the extra 30hp...mainly in 3rd and 4th gear.
2. Not sure I can properly explain, but the clutch and shifting experience is much smoother. I've been driving manuals my whole life, but found myself in the infamous "1st gear bunny hop" a couple of times a week in my 997.1. Shifts like butter now...also don't have as much "sticking" on the shift.
3. Much greater suspension differentiation between sport and non-sport...ie when I want to cruise on highway, the ride was smoother than my previous. But when hit the sport button, it seems tighter than my previous sport.
4. MUCH greater throttle responsiveness...not sure if that's the sport chrono, 997.2 new engine, or the fact that my previous 997 was a cab (w/o sport chrono)...probably a mix of all of the above.
5. I feel much more comfortable at higher highway speeds (of course I never exceed the speed limit). I feel less "wiggle" and just seems more stable.

Those are the biggies...the biggest for me is the throttle responsiveness. I found after my 5-6 months search I'm less enamoured with sheer power (ie turbo) and have greater affinity towards the "go-cart" like feel of this car. With the 911, you "think it" and "you're there" with ZERO delay.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:18 PM
beachview is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by porscheconvert
1. I definitely feel the extra 30hp...mainly in 3rd and 4th gear.
2. Not sure I can properly explain, but the clutch and shifting experience is much smoother. I've been driving manuals my whole life, but found myself in the infamous "1st gear bunny hop" a couple of times a week in my 997.1. Shifts like butter now...also don't have as much "sticking" on the shift.
3. Much greater suspension differentiation between sport and non-sport...ie when I want to cruise on highway, the ride was smoother than my previous. But when hit the sport button, it seems tighter than my previous sport.
4. MUCH greater throttle responsiveness...not sure if that's the sport chrono, 997.2 new engine, or the fact that my previous 997 was a cab (w/o sport chrono)...probably a mix of all of the above.
5. I feel much more comfortable at higher highway speeds (of course I never exceed the speed limit). I feel less "wiggle" and just seems more stable.

Those are the biggies...the biggest for me is the throttle responsiveness. I found after my 5-6 months search I'm less enamoured with sheer power (ie turbo) and have greater affinity towards the "go-cart" like feel of this car. With the 911, you "think it" and "you're there" with ZERO delay.
Thanks for the response! I look forward to moving from .1 to .2 next year. My current 997 also lacks sport chrono and I look forward to the smoother shifts and more comfortable ride at higher speeds. Congrats on the car and enjoy in good health

Old 10-15-2010, 12:34 AM
PHDX2 is infamous around these partsPHDX2 is infamous around these parts
Congrats!

Old 10-15-2010, 05:37 AM
neuneleven has a spectacular aura aboutneuneleven has a spectacular aura about
sweet ride! Enjoy her.