997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Road noise Bridgestone REO50A ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 08:58 PM
vrnkc is infamous around these parts
Road noise Bridgestone REO50A ?

Is the road noise with the Bridgestone REO50A about the same as other popular brands??

Old 10-17-2010, 09:07 PM
wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !
yes, good question simple answer

Old 10-17-2010, 09:44 PM
wmclarenf1 is infamous around these parts
I was on the RE050A before getting on Michellin PS2s.... I can say grip is less on the BS and road noise is much more despite the fact that I was on 295 on the BS and now on 305 on the PS2s.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:16 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
I find all tires noisy, and they get noisier as they get worn. I think the biggest impact on noise is the road surface.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:55 PM
unclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really nice
noise

I agree with wmclarenf1.

I have had RE05A and PS2.

Try an RE-11. Quieter, stickier, wears better. Good price.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:10 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
RE05A is pretty sticky and therefore wears out fast. I actually find PS2 to be noisey as well and have a sidewall that's too soft.

I prefer Pzero. Stiffer side wall and not too noisy. Wear is average for 18 and 19".

Old 10-18-2010, 01:58 AM
wmclarenf1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by unclejosh
I agree with wmclarenf1.

I have had RE05A and PS2.

Try an RE-11. Quieter, stickier, wears better. Good price.
ARGHHHHH... why did you have to say that....

Old 10-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Running 255's and 305's on the M3 in 20's, Road noise is a minimal on the BS's. Dont grip well when ground is cold but I think most tires don't.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:43 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
All tires get noisy with use. Everyone thinks their new tires (whatever the brand) are quieter after changing - they are reacting to the change.

RE050A N1 are pretty quiet and grippy too. (Note N1 and not N0).

Old 10-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Mark Ducati is infamous around these partsMark Ducati is infamous around these parts
I just had some REO50A's put on my new 19" wheels... they replaced the 18" OEM Michelin Sport Pilots and I actually thought they had less noise? Maybe that's because the MSP's were very worn?

Old 10-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Tire Rack test most new tires and has comparison charts.

I have found their info to be spot on, however I don't see any of the more track oriented tires listed. They show PS2s quieter than the BS and slightly quieter than the P Zeros. PS2s are real close P Zeros in most areas + or -.

I have the BS now and will be going to the PS2s next time around.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Tripleblack is infamous around these partsTripleblack is infamous around these parts
While I have nothing to compare them to I find my 19" REO50A's very quiet.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Mark Ducati is infamous around these partsMark Ducati is infamous around these parts
They're a lot more quite than Z06's Goodyear F1 Supercar runflats for sure!

Old 10-18-2010, 11:52 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by keninirvine
I find all tires noisy, and they get noisier as they get worn. I think the biggest impact on noise is the road surface.

Agreed

Old 10-18-2010, 01:53 PM
cbzzoom is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by adias
All tires get noisy with use. Everyone thinks their new tires (whatever the brand) are quieter after changing - they are reacting to the change.

RE050A N1 are pretty quiet and grippy too. (Note N1 and not N0).
Yeah this is a good point.

I find my new RE11's to be much quieter than PS2's, but it could be I'm just remembering how the PS2's were at the end of their life and not how they were at the beginning.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Road noise Bridgestone REO50A ?