997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Opinions on car covers please?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 12:44 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Opinions on car covers please?

This will be for when I park it outside at work or if I take it somewhere over night and there isn't a garage. Any opinions on a good one to buy? Also, do most lock onto car so people can't take them?

Old 10-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Go to Car Covers Direct and get fitted cover made fron Noah material. I have seen a lock but have never felt the need. Keep car waxed to avoid scratches. Roll cover on and off. Don't drag it over the surface. I will put it down on the windshield, roll front down and than roll rear down. Reverse this to get it off. Watch hot muffler tips. You will need a method to fasten it for windy days. I use a cord with clips on both ends and a rod to pass the cord underneath the car. Wipe the car down between washes with Griot's speed shine or the like. A real finish saver if you are careful and consistent. Rolling the cover on and off is a must. With the cover on, (get a friend to help the first time) lift both sides up toward the middle of the car and off the ears (mirror pouches). Then roll from the rear to the windshield and from the front to the windshield. You now have a folded cover sitting on the windshield. Lift it off and store it in the trunk. Start it back on from the windshield....unroll to the rear and then to the front. Takes longer to say then to do.

Last edited by Gpjli; 10-24-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
I bought the silver gaurd from suncoast. Excellet cover. I have a car port and kept it covered to keep the dust and pollen off as well as any rain drops on a super windy day.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:50 PM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Multiple opinions here. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...er-advice.html

I have a California Car Cover cover.. I like it a lot for what it's designed to do.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:12 PM
mathfuzzy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gpjli
Go to Car Covers Direct and get fitted cover made fron Noah material. I have seen a lock but have never felt the need. Keep car waxed to avoid scratches. Roll cover on and off. Don't drag it over the surface. I will put it down on the windshield, roll front down and than roll rear down. Reverse this to get it off. Watch hot muffler tips. You will need a method to fasten it for windy days. I use a cord with clips on both ends and a rod to pass the cord underneath the car. Wipe the car down between washes with Griot's speed shine or the like. A real finish saver if you are careful and consistent. Rolling the cover on and off is a must. With the cover on, (get a friend to help the first time) lift both sides up toward the middle of the car and off the ears (mirror pouches). Then roll from the rear to the windshield and from the front to the windshield. You now have a folded cover sitting on the windshield. Lift it off and store it in the trunk. Start it back on from the windshield....unroll to the rear and then to the front. Takes longer to say then to do.
I'd have given the exact same directions, and have used the same process / care with my car & cover to great effect.

I bought a Weathershield HP from carcoversdirect.com and am VERY happy with the fit and performance of the cover. It's water repellant and is easy to wash at home.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:59 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Gpjli
Thank you for the details. I will go with one from car covers direct. I appreciate the detail in terms of putting it on the car and the clips/cord & rod idea.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:40 PM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
I've used California Car Covers in the past and had great results..
Perfect fit and quality.