997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 rear booster seat..need help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 05:55 PM
gp17 is infamous around these parts
997 rear booster seat..need help!

I am trying to put my four and five year old in the rear of my 997 on the weekends. I can not seem to find the appropriate booster seat, I am only looking for the booster seat bottom. Does anyone know what works? Thanks!

Old 10-25-2010, 06:17 PM
geeforce is infamous around these parts
I'll be in the same boat when I get my car next year so I too have been looking into this for my 5 and 6 year olds. There is a thread on rennlist titled :

Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.

Go to the last page of that thread. I think the Harmony booster from Walmart is the one that fits as it is curved at the bottom. Amazon may also have this booster....

Last edited by geeforce; 10-25-2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: added text
Old 10-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Mark Ducati is infamous around these partsMark Ducati is infamous around these parts
I've got a Graco seat that is a little too wide... when I put it in the rear, its about 6" too far forward, but at least I've got if I get pulled over by the popo.. its still high enough that the shoulder belt isn't around my 3 1/2 year old's neck.

However, sometimes... hate to admit this, I do pick my 3 1/2 year old up from school without the booster seat. I put the shoulder belt behind her and have taught her to "duck" when daddy says so... good thing I have tinted windows too

Before y'all label me a bad parent... I grew up in the 60's when we didn't even have car seats! How many of you slept on the back dash below the rear window on long trips when daddy was driving?

Old 10-25-2010, 06:24 PM
Yossarian is infamous around these parts
porche brand

I have seen lots of threads on this.. I just bought the one from Porsche, its a britex (sp?). It works, yes it s abit more but it fits. The booster part on the bottom fits and comes apart if you dont need the head protection.

I tired a few things but, this worked and its comforatable for my kid.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:44 PM
Sven has a spectacular aura aboutSven has a spectacular aura about
In February I bought one that fits perfectly. I learned about it here or Rennlist. I got it on Amazon, here's the description: 1 "Combi Dakota Backless Booster Car Seat, Keylime"
Baby Product; $35.37

Old 10-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Mark Ducati is infamous around these partsMark Ducati is infamous around these parts
SVEN,

Is this the one you got? I'm thinking not...

Made by EvenFlo?

When I searched for your description on Amazon, this is what came up?

When I googled the Combi, I found this place:
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/c...r-seat-reviews

... key lime, this is it right?

Last edited by Mark Ducati; 10-25-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Mark -- Yes it is the key lime one. Not my favorite color, but that was all that was available. It is just the right shape for my 997.1 S. My 7 y.o. daughter likes it.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Mark -- Just read the rest of your earlier post. I've forgotten the seat a couple times. And I well remember sleeping on the back dash in an old Mercedes 300 sedan while the family drove cross-country at 85 mph -- and around 5 pm, my mother would serve before dinner drinks! This was the 60s, a very different time.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Sub4 is infamous around these parts
Recaro Vivo, but separate the base from the seat back. I've got two of them and it works great.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:53 PM
0luke1 is infamous around these parts
+1 on the Recaro Vivo. Bought it online last week, went on a two hour round trip with the girls - the six year old was very happy in the booster.

They like the new coupe much better than my old 996 cab - much more room.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:31 PM
syosh is infamous around these parts
I tried a few of them as well: Graco and Britax variations. In the end, nothing fit as well as the Porsche OEM boosters. They cost more but fit just right.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
I use the Recaro Vivos for my twin four year olds. It's a booster with a back and head bolsters. Remove the seats and seat backs and they wedge in pretty good. You can also remove the spine so it's just the seat portion. $80 at my local kid shop.

Attached Images  
Old 10-26-2010, 07:55 AM
Gator Skin is infamous around these parts
britax roundabout for 1-3. Recaro Vivo for 3 and up.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:39 AM
mshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura about
+1 on the Recaro Vivo.

The base bottom is a few inches narrower than most other boosters. Also, the underside has a slight convex profile, so it fits reasonably snug in the bucket. (I didn't bother unscrewing the seatbacks or removing the cushions. I added an small towel underneath, which so to not chew up the leather. )

The only drawback is the seatbelt gets pinched a little....but I hear this is a problem for all boosters in the backs of Porsches.

Originally Posted by Sub4
Recaro Vivo, but separate the base from the seat back. I've got two of them and it works great.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:49 PM
tcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to behold
+ 1 Recaro Vivo and +1 Combi Dakota, I have both and they both work well in the back.

I would give the edge to the Recaro because it is a more enveloping fit for the kids and it fits better in the front.

T.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 rear booster seat..need help!