997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Walmart Battery Ever Start Maxx 49

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 06:46 PM
djlod is infamous around these parts
Walmart Battery Ever Start Maxx 49

I bought a car battery at Walmart for my 2006 997 C2.
I had to replace the OEM Moll battery.
The model I bought was the Ever Start Maxx 49 (according to the battery computer and handbook at Walmart).
930 cranking amps / 850 cold cranking amps.
The new battery works great, and it fits well in the tray.
The price was $77.
I noticed that a few other users/members bought car batteries at Walmart, but the model they purchased was the Maxx 94R.
Did I buy the correct battery?
Thank you in advance.

Attached Images  
Old 10-26-2010, 08:05 PM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
I am afraid you may have bought the wrong battery. How does it compare to OEM battery - I assume a little longer? For some odd reason, they had the wrong size listed for 911.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:08 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by djlod
I bought a car battery at Walmart for my 2006 997 C2.
I had to replace the OEM Moll battery.
The model I bought was the Ever Start Maxx 49 (according to the battery computer and handbook at Walmart).
930 cranking amps / 850 cold cranking amps.
The new battery works great, and it fits well in the tray.
The price was $77.
I noticed that a few other users/members bought car batteries at Walmart, but the model they purchased was the Maxx 94R.
Did I buy the correct battery?
Thank you in advance.
94 is the correct model.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:30 AM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
great thing about walmart batteries you can return them every year i do it with my jetski battery all the time lol nice and fresh

Old 10-27-2010, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the replies.
I will exchange the battery for a 94R.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:34 AM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Thanks for the replies.
I will exchange the battery for a 94R.
It fits and works well; why change?

Old 10-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by tejoe
It fits and works well; why change?
Good point.
I called Ever Start customer service, and they said that Maxx 49 was the correct battery.
Perhaps I'll wait and see what happens.
Thanks.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:26 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Good point.
I called Ever Start customer service, and they said that Maxx 49 was the correct battery.
Perhaps I'll wait and see what happens.
Thanks.
There seem to be enough credible respsonses from actual Porsche owners that would confirm that the Everstart CS people are wrong. Follow this thread and you'll see pictures that show the OEM and the 94 are twins. http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ferrerid=39840

Old 10-29-2010, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
There seem to be enough credible respsonses from actual Porsche owners that would confirm that the Everstart CS people are wrong. Follow this thread and you'll see pictures that show the OEM and the 94 are twins. http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ferrerid=39840
Thanks jhbrennan.
Here's another thread that makes me want to exchange the battery.
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...y-battery.html

Old 10-29-2010, 09:01 AM
mgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to all
If you have the correct crank amps and it fits, then that is all you need.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:27 PM
RyanGambrill is infamous around these parts
I am in the same situation. The computer at Walmart said Maxx-49. It fits but lines up a little different. Also the battery that I took out had 650 CCA and the new battery Maxx-49 has 850.

Grrrrr.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by RyanGambrill
I am in the same situation. The computer at Walmart said Maxx-49. It fits but lines up a little different. Also the battery that I took out had 650 CCA and the new battery Maxx-49 has 850.

Grrrrr.
Don't believe the Wal-Mart computer, believe your fellow board members.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Don't believe the Wal-Mart computer, believe your fellow board members.
I never said that I would take the walmart computer over you guys. I just wanted to know if it was mandatory to put in the 94R being that the Maxx-48 does fit, but is just a little bigger.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by RyanGambrill
I never said that I would take the walmart computer over you guys. I just wanted to know if it was mandatory to put in the 94R being that the Maxx-48 does fit, but is just a little bigger.
Nothing is mandatory - buy the size that fits (94R) or use the one you have and modify the hold down clamp.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Nothing is mandatory - buy the size that fits (94R) or use the one you have and modify the hold down clamp.
Ok. If it would have been easier to modify the clamp, then I would keep it. In the end, it would just be easier to return this one and get the correct size.

Thanks guys.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Walmart Battery Ever Start Maxx 49