997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New 05 997C2S LE owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 02:04 AM
Deepcove Frog is infamous around these parts
Smile New 05 997C2S LE owner

Dear 6Speeders,I've been watching and learning from this website and all of you for a while and just bought my first 05 997 C2S-Launch Edition.I've owned several different German and Japanese cars,I would like to say,Porsche rocks my heart,the curve,the capability,the sound and the daily utilisation. Because of this evil frog, even my wife gets jealous,haha....Well,I am now officially joining you folks and look forward sharing all I have with this car. I am doing some mods now and will definitely post pictures when it's done.

And for the owners of 05 LE 997 C2S,any constructive comments or suggestions of driving,maintaining and modifying the car, I heard they have bad reputation on RMS,is it true? Big thanks.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:19 AM
JJG
JJG is infamous around these parts
Congratulations! Post some pix when you get the chance. I have an 05 C2S and have had 0 problems, however I have read all the horror stories on the web about the IMS issues. I have also read many 05 C2S posts with no problems. So my attitude is drive it and enjoy it. My Porsche gives me the same vibe as you have stated every time I drive it. Can't explain it.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:50 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
welcome aboard....welcome aboard

Old 10-29-2010, 05:54 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I had an 05 launch car for one year and loved it . The car was flawless for 9K miles. There was a very minor exhaust recall if i recall correctly. Mine did not have RMS or any major issue.

The options were great too. That 05 car was ( in my opinion) the best launch car of the 997 line up .

Old 10-29-2010, 07:26 AM
Tks for sharing

Hey all,tks for your sharing,I will surely post more pics later,positive comments really boost my confidence in owning this car.Talk to you soon,guys.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:36 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Welcome to 6speed, who is doing your work?

Old 10-29-2010, 09:43 AM
dshurett is just really nicedshurett is just really nicedshurett is just really nicedshurett is just really nicedshurett is just really nice
Congrats on your new car, hope to see pics soon.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:33 AM
lenelsa is infamous around these parts
any issues shifting into 1st gear periodically ???

Old 10-29-2010, 12:41 PM
JTaylorGT has a spectacular aura aboutJTaylorGT has a spectacular aura about
I also bought an '05 997S launch edition about a year and half ago and am loving it! No serious issues at all really - no RMS leaks, but I do drive it pretty routinely. I've heard those that sit more tend to develop seal issues. Other than routine maintenance, I've replaced all the ignition coils since they were starting to crack, and I had an issue with the storage compartment light sometimes not coming on when opening the trunk - dealership says it needs a new switch for $235 USD so I'm living with it.

lenelsa - I also sometimes have problems getting the car into first gear. On a rare occassion, I've had to start in 2nd from stop lights just to appease the traffic behind me. I find re-engaging the clutch a second time usually helps, but it hasn't been a frequent enough problem for it to bother me...

Previously I had a Honda S2000 for 5 years which never had any mechanical breakdowns/issues. I'm beginning to expect similar luck with the 997...

Welcome to the LE club - there's a few of us on this forum and you'll find they all share positive experiences.

Last edited by JTaylorGT; 10-29-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:59 PM
Taxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really nice
From one 2005 owner to another, "Welcome!" Only had the car for six months but have had zero problems. Happy motoring.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:12 PM
The job is rendered by a local tuner called Scan Auto,right sited behind Rona on Main st,North Vancouver area.Heard MB Euro is good,do you have any good suggestion,buddy.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by JTaylorGT
I also bought an '05 997S launch edition about a year and half ago and am loving it! No serious issues at all really - no RMS leaks, but I do drive it pretty routinely. I've heard those that sit more tend to develop seal issues. Other than routine maintenance, I've replaced all the ignition coils since they were starting to crack, and I had an issue with the storage compartment light sometimes not coming on when opening the trunk - dealership says it needs a new switch for $235 USD so I'm living with it.

lenelsa - I also sometimes have problems getting the car into first gear. On a rare occassion, I've had to start in 2nd from stop lights just to appease the traffic behind me. I find re-engaging the clutch a second time usually helps, but it hasn't been a frequent enough problem for it to bother me...

Previously I had a Honda S2000 for 5 years which never had any mechanical breakdowns/issues. I'm beginning to expect similar luck with the 997...

Welcome to the LE club - there's a few of us on this forum and you'll find they all share positive experiences.

Very happy to hear from you.It's become a dissease that only praise of my Porsche is taken,hahaha...good to know you all and definitely will share with you too. I am modifying my P car now and will post more pic later. I think I may replace new clutch,IMS and RMS for potential hazzards although my mechanic in MCL(a local Vancouver P dealer) told me it's ok. I do see some drips in my garage,realy minor,just like sweet. But if my warranty covers, I have no hesitation to replace new parts.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:39 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Deepcove Frog
The job is rendered by a local tuner called Scan Auto,right sited behind Rona on Main st,North Vancouver area.Heard MB Euro is good,do you have any good suggestion,buddy.
I know James and Denver well. I haven't used MB, so I can't comment. I have worked with MCL and Weissach without any issues. Blitzkreig is another shop that can do the work for you.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:46 AM
Sharkys is infamous around these parts
Congratulations! Did you buy this car out of San Francisco? If so, throw some pics up. I too have an 05 Launch Edition C2S. I have no current problems (except ants). The previous owner had PNA take care of a few issues all under warranty - and I was VERY glad to see this type of work history. PNA replaced the throw out bearing and because the engine cranked slow when warm they replaced the battery cable from the alternator/starter (I understand this was a common problem with the wiring harness early on). PNA replaced both exhaust pipes (not sure why) and he shift cables were replaced at 9K miles (awesome fix as I hear the shift cables have issue with the plastic end fittings). The car has been out of warranty since the end of 2008 and it recently passed a PPI at Hergesheimer Motor Sports in Orange County. There are zero leaks at this time and I will be doing my own frequent oil changes to do what I can to protect against any RMS and IMS failures, but I firmly believe more owners who have had previous RMS/IMS issue are more likely to post their frustrations (understandingly so) on these issues than those owners who have not. I slapped on 7mm front and 15mm rear spacers to see if I like the offsets prior to purchasing COs and HREs and I'll sell the spacers once the new rims are on. I would consider a lower gearing change over any engine mods to gain acceleration as I don't see myself going 150+ mph on the track.

Old 10-30-2010, 02:12 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Took the C2S Launch to Oregon for a business trip. What an excellent road trip car. Odo hit 40K miles during the trip Great car!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 05 997C2S LE owner