997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

What Would You Do

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 04:03 PM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
What Would You Do

Hey guys quick question, im trying to get a 2010 911 upgrade from my 05 C2S. Anyway I have OEM Lobster Forks but no tires. I have my 20" Rinspeeds on my 05 now obvisously those are coming with me, but what would you guys do for tires on the Lobsters. If im trading the car in i dont want to go crazy with tires. Should I look for a used set on here or go to a Tire Rack?? then what brand to get from tire rack if im trading in to keep cost to a miminal. TIA guys

Old 10-29-2010, 04:06 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996CABOVA
Hey guys quick question, im trying to get a 2010 911 upgrade from my 05 C2S. Anyway I have OEM Lobster Forks but no tires. I have my 20" Rinspeeds on my 05 now obvisously those are coming with me, but what would you guys do for tires on the Lobsters. If im trading the car in i dont want to go crazy with tires. Should I look for a used set on here or go to a Tire Rack?? then what brand to get from tire rack if im trading in to keep cost to a miminal. TIA guys
Buy some used tires, either this site or eBay are a great place to find some.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
Make sure that if RI is one of those states that requires dealers to sell used cars with adequate tires that you comply with whatever those standards are. Also, many P-dealers have their own used car standards like 80%+ of original tread or they gig you for replacement cost on your trade in. Just make sure you don't waste your money.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:44 PM
signature65 is infamous around these parts
Ask the dealer what they want you to do....and see what kind of discount they want with no tires on the car.....they may have a set laying around the shop and can work with you

Old 10-29-2010, 07:25 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I would do nothing . Spending money on a car that's being traded in only creates more loss . If the dealership used car manager points to the worn tires you can point to the new car sitting unsold collecting dust that you want to buy. They can get those tires cheaper than you can and trade in offers even with new tires are usually low .

If you opt for a private sale .. then I would suggest new tires . It shows that you cared for the car and can even be a huge selling point when you show the receipt as you try to justify the premium askiing price.

good luck.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:29 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
From what I understand there are no tires at all on the wheels.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:41 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Set of Hankook's on the old wheels. S/b about $800.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:01 AM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
thanks guys for the reply i might ask the dealer if he can do sumthn..if not like someone mentioned ill either get used ones or sum new Hankooks for like $800...time will tell

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.