997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Price on a 2011 Carrera S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 08:55 AM
llngoc is infamous around these parts
Price on a 2011 Carrera S

Hi, all,

Do you know what can I realistically expect to negotiate on a 2011 Carrera S? Do you know if there is a difference for on the lot vehicle vs custom order? We are in the market but not in a rush.

Thanks
Louis

Old 11-08-2010, 09:08 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
You always have more negotiating power on cars sitting in the lot compared to a custom order. Discount varies depending on model (C4 is heavier and not very many informed P-car buyers chose that not that it is any less of a Porsche), year (2010 vs 2011), color, options, dealer inventory, comptetition, time of the month etc. I would think you can get 7% off for a custom order and 10% off MSRP on a existing car, even more if it is a 2010 model lying on the lot for > 6 months.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 11-08-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:09 AM
AKC4S is infamous around these parts
IIngoc,

Depending on the options, can run up to $110k... that is what price mine was and that was with PDK, pwr comfort seats, dimming mirrors, heated seats, 19' turbo wheels, dynamic cornering lights, bluetooth interface, sport chrono, XM, Bose high end sound, floor mats, interior colour, universal interface, navigation module for PCM...

before the options, the car was $93,200 after the options, $109,885. hope that helps.

Also, you can go the Porsche website and build your own, which is pretty cool.

ak

Old 11-08-2010, 11:48 AM
ScottAtlGa is infamous around these parts
7 or 8% is probably about average for one right now. If you want a cab, maybe a little more if you are in a cool area this time of year.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:37 PM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
Get a 10 model theres tonssss still on Dealers lots you can get prob 15 - 18k off the sticker. Go on Porsche Website and do a Dealer search and search dealers in ur area.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:32 PM
ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !
Just got right at 9% on a 2011 Carrera S Cab that was incoming to the dealer. Also helped my neighbor buy my 03 Turbo to save me tax and take his 02 SLK AMG in trade for him on mine. Everyone was happy.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:52 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by llngoc
Hi, all,

Do you know what can I realistically expect to negotiate on a 2011 Carrera S? Do you know if there is a difference for on the lot vehicle vs custom order? We are in the market but not in a rush.

Thanks
Louis
Concrete Ron is spot on !!!!! 9 percent is a good deal on a 2011 . The longer you wait the better and the best days to buy a Porsche (In my opinion) are either Dec 31 (end of year ) , or July 31 ( the model year 2011 is close to the end yet there's enough inventory where leftover selection is attractive --plus mid summer sales tend to be slow) . On those days you can try for 12 percent.

Cars on the lot are easier to negotiate but not always easy. For instance if a dealership has only one manual and 6 PDKs then it may be harder to negotiate the car with the manual.

Region has a role too . High volume regions are Florida, California, and parts of the Northeast -- although if shopping a cab in the northeast in spring is not easy compared to as winter approaches.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:32 PM
llngoc is infamous around these parts
Thanks for all of your replies. Is the day after Thanksgiving a good day to try to get a deal? I'd assume most people will be at Best Buys.

Originally Posted by yrralis1
Concrete Ron is spot on !!!!! 9 percent is a good deal on a 2011 . The longer you wait the better and the best days to buy a Porsche (In my opinion) are either Dec 31 (end of year ) , or July 31 ( the model year 2011 is close to the end yet there's enough inventory where leftover selection is attractive --plus mid summer sales tend to be slow) . On those days you can try for 12 percent.

Cars on the lot are easier to negotiate but not always easy. For instance if a dealership has only one manual and 6 PDKs then it may be harder to negotiate the car with the manual.

Region has a role too . High volume regions are Florida, California, and parts of the Northeast -- although if shopping a cab in the northeast in spring is not easy compared to as winter approaches.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:57 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by llngoc
Thanks for all of your replies. Is the day after Thanksgiving a good day to try to get a deal? I'd assume most people will be at Best Buys.
Any time it's the months end means that the tally of units sold is closing . Some months are better than others because the model year has a cycle which begins and ends in fall . Yet yearly sales follow the regular calendar.

A September new release car leaves a dealership an entire year to sell it but may be a bit more eager in November or December . November is a good month because many shoppers are holiday shopping and it also is nearing the years end . allocation depends on yearly units sold .

Just as the buyer has a psychology .. so does the seller -- guessing the ideal combination is in no way an exact science . It's purely speculative but if i had to pick what i think are buyer ideal bargain conditions it would be a months end , year or model year end, on a slow month , on a rainy day , with cold temps, and an empty showroom with loads of inventory and more on the way. Ideal seller conditions would be a fresh launch of a great car early in the year on a sunny Friday following previous record sales .

Old 11-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Jon H... is infamous around these parts
December 26 to 31 is the week with highest car sales in the US.

Dealers don't want to pay inventory tax on Jan 1.