997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Has anyone used Rhinotire tread liners ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Has anyone used Rhinotire tread liners ?

Saw the ad in this months Excellence magazine and went to their web site. It explains the product but that's about it. Site is still under construction. It appears that the liners were originally made for motorcycle tires so not sure the automobile tire models are even available yet but looks like an answer to having to drive without a spare in a Porsche. No way to tell though when they will be available. Maybe some of our members from the UK or Ireland have heard of or used the product and could clue us in ?

Old 11-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
OK. I'll take that as a no. I will follow their progress and let everyone know when the product is available. Will also test the product out to see if there are any negative issues with tire balance, road noise, etc.... Not having to worry about a flat in the middle of nowhere without the benefit of a spare ( not real confident in the tire goop that has a limited shelf life and mini air compressor ) is worth the effort .

Last edited by Dadio; 11-10-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:42 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Doubt it will cover sidewalls and that's the most likely thing to strand you. Pretty cool otherwise - their WEB site has some decent info.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:06 AM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
Went to the website and it seemed "too little to early". Was not impressed by what I saw at this point.
Can't imagine they could cover the sidewall due to tire flex and balancing could be a problem..
Definitely interested in someone else trying them and reporting on them...

Still believe in carrying a spare...

Old 12-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Musclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud of
Hi Dadio,

I too just found out about Rhinotire and am interested on possibly using on a new set of tires I'm about to have mounted next week.

Any feedback?

I just came across this and wanted to share with the forum to get your thoughts. It s spray gel liner you apply to the inside of tire that immediately seals punctures! Check out the video demos on their site.

Would like to hear others thoughts (pro/cons)...

http://www.rhinotire.com/

Old 12-26-2010, 12:52 PM
[quote=Musclehedz101;3077044]Hi Dadio,

I too just found out about Rhinotire and am interested on possibly using on a new set of tires I'm about to have mounted next week.

Any feedback?

I just came across this and wanted to share with the forum to get your thoughts. It s spray gel liner you apply to the inside of tire that immediately seals punctures! Check out the video demos on their site.

Would like to hear others thoughts (pro/cons)...

http://www.rhinotire.com/[/quote

To date, I haven't been able to find anyone that does it on car tires despite the company video's showing how it's done. Process could be a little hit or miss based on the video and it very dependent upon the skills of the person doing the work. Have you be able to find an installer ?

Old 12-26-2010, 03:11 PM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
Destroys tire balance - they line the tire with tons of goop - good for a taxicab nota Porsche

Old 12-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Musclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud of
Dadio,
I emailed them about local installers but nothing back yet...

Old 12-27-2010, 11:29 AM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
Started looking at this application about a year ago and as yet nothing new regarding information has come along..
I'd be scared as hell having them apply something on the interior of the new tires and hope that they balance out correctly..
If they sold the product to the manufacturer and had them install it while building the tire then it might be something I'd consider...

Old 12-27-2010, 06:42 PM
If the "gel" were applied on new tires, allowed to cure then mounted and balanced, wouldn't that address the "balance" issue?

I do agree that is manufactures adopted this methodology, they would be in demand but conversely they might also see a decline in revenue due to lack of "road hazard" (other than side wall damage) new purchases.

My current strategy is to keep a plug kit in car and use pump in existing kit for tread punctures. As for possible side wall punctures...
#1 Have car flat-bed to dealer (or closest NTB/etc.. if necessary)
#2 Call tirerack.com on road hazard warrenty replacement
#3 If dealer/shop doesn't have Brand/model tire I need/want have tirerack ship

On another note I am hoping Suncoast will put a group buy offer on the table for a "Space saver" Spare tire kit, as they are many of us weighing in for a group buy.

See here:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3077916