997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Help with interior color on a Macadamia

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 06:19 PM
llngoc is infamous around these parts
Thanks again for all your help. I agree with you that since I am custom ordering, I'd like to go with something a little unusually. And my wife is now being convinced (by me ) that 2 tone is a good option.

We are contemplating the black/terra combo but does a black/nat. brown even exist? Also, for a black/terra interior, which part is black and which one is terra? We'd actually prefer more black and less terra.

Thanks again for your help.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:10 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by llngoc
Thanks again for all your help. I agree with you that since I am custom ordering, I'd like to go with something a little unusually. And my wife is now being convinced (by me ) that 2 tone is a good option.

We are contemplating the black/terra combo but does a black/nat. brown even exist? Also, for a black/terra interior, which part is black and which one is terra? We'd actually prefer more black and less terra.

You should really go up to the Porsche WEB site where you can see somewhat of what the color combos look like by configuring your own car. I really don't think Terracotta is going to look good with brown - it is a little too "special".

The Black/Other is mainly nice since you get a black dash - no glare from it on the windshield - that's the main thing I don't like about my interior color - dash glare requiring polarized sunglasses.

Natural Brown will look much better that Terra - make sure you see a terra interior - in the flesh - before you do it.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:30 PM
Arerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant future

Here are some pics of my black/terracotta,

It's a very nice interior although Natural Brown would be my first choice if I had Macadamia exterior (mine is Meteor Grey). But each to their own, the most important thing is that you like it since its what you will be looking at most of the time.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Yes, I think you may be correct that this is indeed Natural Brown. (I am color blind.) I wonder if a deviating carpet will work out here.

Originally Posted by EricP
Well I'm an idiot -

I watched the video (it's called Class Reunion.) The guy has Macadamia with TERROCOTTA!!! - or maybe it's NATURAL BROWN)

UPDATE: I think it's Natural Brown because if you look at the black car in the rear of the 2nd frame, HE has Terra Cotta and you can tell it's much red'er. (is that a word?)

Old 11-15-2010, 04:07 AM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Arerrac911
Here are some pics of my black/terracotta,

Stunning..

Old 11-15-2010, 07:02 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
for macadamia, I would suggest either sand with maybe deviated dark brown stitching everywhere, or cocoa with macadamia center console, and one last option, not sure if its possible cocoa/sand two tone

Old 11-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Hmmm, I'd take it back. It is indeed a Terracotta. Got a screen capture of it from the Porsche video but don't know how to post it.

Yes, I think you may be correct that this is indeed Natural Brown. (I am color blind.) I wonder if a deviating carpet will work out here.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:18 PM
DCI
DCI is infamous around these parts
I have to disagree with most, Macadamia and Terracotta would be beatutiful combo. I want to get a GTS in ths combo. Make sure all is terracotta, you dont want black mats or carpet.

Growing up my father had a 1979 930 turbo in Copper and Can-Can Red (similar to terracotta). This car turned heads and is one I wish he would have passed down the line, in fact I still search for it to buy it back.

Natural Brown or Cocoa would be the only other options and would be a distant 2nd.

Sand beige...would give you a nice grandpa car look, and kill resale!

Old 11-15-2010, 12:24 PM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DCI
Sand beige...would give you a nice grandpa car look, and kill resale!
Huh?...

Old 11-15-2010, 12:33 PM
DCI
Whats confusing....we are buying sports cars. How many guys want a Brown and Beige Porsche....not too many.

Find me one that a dealer spec`d this way(which I doubt you can find) and I bet you can get a deep discount on it, as its a great combo for a Cadillac.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:43 PM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
Had I had the choice of color when I purchased the car it most certainly would have been the nut but until this moment I never gave a thought to the interior color...
Great question.. Natural brown???? definitely leather... Not sure terra cotta would work..

Old 11-15-2010, 12:50 PM
DCI

Old 11-15-2010, 02:56 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Two beautiful two-tone interiors, inside two beautiful cars, in this post:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...y-new-car.html

A Cab with Blk/Beige and a Targa with Cocoa/Nat Brown - didn't know you could do that, but I gue$$ anything i$ po$$ible.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by DCI
Whats confusing....we are buying sports cars. How many guys want a Brown and Beige Porsche....not too many.

Find me one that a dealer spec`d this way(which I doubt you can find) and I bet you can get a deep discount on it, as its a great combo for a Cadillac.
I suppose this S doesn't cut it in your book.. Personally, I find it remarkably classy... yes, it's Macadamia Brown and Sand Beige...

I almost bought this car earlier this year, but I hesitated and the dealer sold it before I could pull the trigger..

So I bought this one.. I'll bet you don't like it, either..

Thankfully, we all don't like the same things in life, otherwise, this would be a boring place to hang out..

Old 11-15-2010, 09:11 PM
DCI
NC997... You have a great car, enjoy it. I think the macadamia color is unique and fresh, and I would pair it with terracotta. I stand by my resale value comments, sorry if you were offended.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help with interior color on a Macadamia