997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Help with interior color on a Macadamia

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 10:21 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Natural Brown is the only color to put with that car. Black definitely doesn't work. You wouldn't wear black socks with brown shoes....or black shoes with a brown suit.....I know I wouldn't!

Here's a look at Natural brown full leather.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:20 AM
llngoc is infamous around these parts
Is this a Macadamia? I would have never thought of Terra Cotta if not for the video on Porsche's website.

Originally Posted by DCI

Last edited by llngoc; 11-16-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:21 AM
rye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the rough
I actually really like the two-tone interior options - with full leather, it's an incredible look. Natural brown, terracotta, or sand beige with black on the top half. Terracotta is overbearing for me when the whole interior is covered in it but looks great contrasted against black.

As for brown and black combo - it's actually a very good look. You wouldn't wear black socks with brown shoes, but people most certainly wear black shoes with brown pants, or brown shoes with grey pants!

Old 11-16-2010, 09:57 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
That's the trouble with Macadamia - you have to find brown tires , and they are not easy to come by.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:08 AM
rye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by stevepow
That's the trouble with Macadamia - you have to find brown tires , and they are not easy to come by.
LOL - good one! I'm thinking of starting a tire company - I'll make a fortune matching tire colors to paint samples!

Old 11-16-2010, 12:03 PM
DCI
DCI is infamous around these parts
llngoc, That is full Terracotta. Just a stock shot I pulled off the web. Good luck with your detail.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Yes, matching brown tires will be nice.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:01 PM
We are very much leaning to Black/Terra with deviating carpet in black to reduce the amount of red. We only want enough to be interesting but not overbearing. One concern my salesperson brought is that I'd have 3 tones of color for the entire car now. Is it really "busy" looking with 3 tones?

Originally Posted by rye595
I actually really like the two-tone interior options - with full leather, it's an incredible look. Natural brown, terracotta, or sand beige with black on the top half. Terracotta is overbearing for me when the whole interior is covered in it but looks great contrasted against black.

As for brown and black combo - it's actually a very good look. You wouldn't wear black socks with brown shoes, but people most certainly wear black shoes with brown pants, or brown shoes with grey pants!

Old 11-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by llngoc
We are very much leaning to Black/Terra with deviating carpet in black to reduce the amount of red. We only want enough to be interesting but not overbearing. One concern my salesperson brought is that I'd have 3 tones of color for the entire car now. Is it really "busy" looking with 3 tones?
I think it sounds GREAT! I envy you as you go through this awesome process... I don't think you need to worry about three tones of color. I suppose natural brown would be a little less "edgy" if you want, but I think Terra/Macadamia/Black will work well together.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:18 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by llngoc

Seems nuts - on almost any car you do two-tone interior, you have 3 colors - unless your car is black. So I don't get his reasoning...

And I really think a darker dash (black or cocoa) is a benefit beyond style - the reduced reflection in the wind shield makes it very worthwhile.

I do hope you have seen Terracotta in person - its a bold choice - and the "elephant in the room" is...basically Orange. Just make sure you see it in the flesh first, but it may be way cool - I always thought Black/Black/Terra would be nice.

Good Luck.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:44 PM
DCI
DCI is infamous around these parts
Here is a link to blk- terra-cotta with deviating carpets.

http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/k...neinterior.jpg

Last edited by DCI; 11-16-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:37 PM
MSCHWA3439 is infamous around these parts
Black interior without question

Old 11-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Arerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DCI
Here is a link to blk- terra-cotta with deviating carpets.

http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/k...neinterior.jpg
I would stay away from deviating carpet if you are doing Black/Terracotta twotone. Deviating carpet only looks right with a monotone interior. Imaging the rear seats area, you would have terracotta leather seatbacks with everything else in black (carpet, trims...), it just looks all wrong ( I have seen it in person). Way too much going on, should keep it simple and classy.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:00 AM
mauijim is infamous around these parts
llngoc, Would you and your wife be able to hold-off on choosing an exterior color, until you've found an interior that you really like? The interior is where you'll be spending most of your quality time with the car. Choosing an exterior color may be easier after you've found the perfect interior. (IMV, special ordering a car is similar to building a house, in that the exterior is a function of the living space.) I agree with stevepow's preference for a dark colored dash.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:48 AM
It just dawned on me that Terracotta is the exact color as a vinly basketball when I dropped off my son at school yesterday. We are planning to make a visit into the dealer today to see the leather sample to make our final decision.

Seems nuts - on almost any car you do two-tone interior, you have 3 colors - unless your car is black. So I don't get his reasoning...

And I really think a darker dash (black or cocoa) is a benefit beyond style - the reduced reflection in the wind shield makes it very worthwhile.

I do hope you have seen Terracotta in person - its a bold choice - and the "elephant in the room" is...basically Orange. Just make sure you see it in the flesh first, but it may be way cool - I always thought Black/Black/Terra would be nice.

Good Luck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help with interior color on a Macadamia