997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Help with interior color on a Macadamia

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 09:19 AM
llngoc is infamous around these parts
Help with interior color on a Macadamia

Hi, all,

First of all, thanks to everyone who helped with the pricing input and I am in the process of custom ordering my first Carrera S. And now needs a little help here.

My wife and I both liked the Macadamia color so that part is easy but now we are contemplating fpr the interior color. So far we have considered:

- Sand beige (cheapest one since we will only get standard for this, but the color is light and we want something dark since our daughter is starting to kick the back of seats now)
- Cocoa. This is the one we saw at the dealer and my wife likes this one albeit 4k more. However, it looks too brown to me and I feel that this may make the whole car too boring.
- Terracotta - Never see one in person. But saw the video on Porsche site and the Carrera S in the video seemed to be Macadamia with Terra Cotta. Can anyone confirm?
- Black/Terracotta - Never seen it even in picture nor video. But it sounds like a good compromise to break up the sea of red
- Carrera Red - Does this even work with Macadamia? Or is it even more red than Terra Cotta?

Thanks again for your help
Louis

Old 11-14-2010, 09:42 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
THere is a lengthy video of a Macadamia 997.2 at the PorscheUSA website. See what he has but Terocatta will NOT go - nor will Carrera red.

I'd get BLACK but beige and black are your only real options.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:43 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by EricP
THere is a lengthy video of a Macadamia 997.2 at the PorscheUSA website. See what he has but Terocatta will NOT go - nor will Carrera red.

I'd get BLACK but beige and black are your only real options.

What he said.

Last edited by stevepow; 11-14-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:46 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Well I'm an idiot -

I watched the video (it's called Class Reunion.) The guy has Macadamia with TERROCOTTA!!! - or maybe it's NATURAL BROWN)

UPDATE: I think it's Natural Brown because if you look at the black car in the rear of the 2nd frame, HE has Terra Cotta and you can tell it's much red'er. (is that a word?)

Attached Images   

Last edited by EricP; 11-14-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:03 AM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
I've seen a Macadamia / Saddle Biege 911.. That's the only way I'd go.

Cocoa.. ah, now that might be worth considering, but for an additional $4K plus I can think of other places to put the money.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:19 AM
I saw a white with cocoa interior yesterday at a dealer lot. The Cocoa has a slight slight slight purple hue to it. Overall it's brown, but there is this magenta/purple hue - especially under dealer fluoro indoor lights.

Maybe it's just my bad eyes but there is a cool temperature to the color. See pic.

Attached Images  

Last edited by EricP; 11-14-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:22 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Natural Brown is similar to Beige, just nicer. Cocoa could look OK - I saw a GT Silver w/Cocoa at the dealer that was one of my fav combinations I have seen, but I think the GT Silver was helping a lot too. In that car, the Cocoa almost looked black until I sat in it.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:47 AM
pvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nice
I love my linen / cocoa combo.
Not too dark at all. and something different from the omnipresent black.

Attached Images     
Old 11-14-2010, 12:10 PM
henrysko is infamous around these partshenrysko is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

^ Now that's a stunning combo!

Old 11-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Arerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant future
Since you are custom ordering a new Porsche, I wouldn't bother with standard interior colors (beige, black...). Treat yourself and family with something more special.

For Macadamia exterior, I would recommend Natural Brown, yes it's light but it is worth the extra effort to keep clean. Coco is another special color that would also suit the Macadamia exterior. If you want to be more adventurous, go for Black/Terracotta two-tone, the black would work as a medium between Macadamia and terracotta. It's an amazing interior (although I'm biased).

Check out this thread for more ideas.
Originally Posted by llngoc
Hi, all,

First of all, thanks to everyone who helped with the pricing input and I am in the process of custom ordering my first Carrera S. And now needs a little help here.

My wife and I both liked the Macadamia color so that part is easy but now we are contemplating fpr the interior color. So far we have considered:

- Sand beige (cheapest one since we will only get standard for this, but the color is light and we want something dark since our daughter is starting to kick the back of seats now)
- Cocoa. This is the one we saw at the dealer and my wife likes this one albeit 4k more. However, it looks too brown to me and I feel that this may make the whole car too boring.
- Terracotta - Never see one in person. But saw the video on Porsche site and the Carrera S in the video seemed to be Macadamia with Terra Cotta. Can anyone confirm?
- Black/Terracotta - Never seen it even in picture nor video. But it sounds like a good compromise to break up the sea of red
- Carrera Red - Does this even work with Macadamia? Or is it even more red than Terra Cotta?

Thanks again for your help
Louis

Old 11-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Arerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant future
Old 11-14-2010, 12:27 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Sand Beige. You'll save some coin for other goodies (mods) and will have a color combination that compliments each other. I'm sure if you ponder on it long enough, you'll come up with a way to keep your kid's shoes off of the back of the seat (move the seat up a couple of notches).

Old 11-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Maybe Nat Brn with devitaing cocoa brown carpet? Right, that'll save you some $$$

Old 11-14-2010, 12:45 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
I think Black dash and carpets + Natural brown would look great with Macadamia.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:44 PM
topspd is infamous around these parts
I just saw a targa4S in a parking lot w/macadamia and sand. While it's nice, I think natural brown would be better. I liked cocoa with white, but I think the shade is too dark for macadamia. Deviating carpet isn't that much ($970 Cdn so prob a lot cheaper in the US).. I'd second the natural brown w/ dev cocoa carpet idea..

Oh, and the seat backs will be painted volcano silver unless you add the leather seat back option (now that i think of it though they may be interior coloured soft paint with the premium leather choices).

Last edited by topspd; 11-14-2010 at 01:49 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help with interior color on a Macadamia