997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

drive up to lake arrowhead in CA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 10:17 PM
ROADRAGE is a jewel in the roughROADRAGE is a jewel in the roughROADRAGE is a jewel in the roughROADRAGE is a jewel in the rough
drive up to lake arrowhead in CA

Guys, I went up to a friends cabin in Lake Arrowhead here in So Cal, We were supposed to all leave together Friday night but since I had to work late I decided to just drive up on my own early Sat morning. And I tell you the drive was AWESOME!! one lane Curvy roads, uphill down hill blind, sharp turns, blind turns that trip was simply the best.

Now I am not one to organize anything but it would be awesome if we could get a group of 997 owner's and drive up for brunch?

What do you guys think?

Old 11-14-2010, 11:34 PM
Rob T is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ROADRAGE
Guys, I went up to a friends cabin in Lake Arrowhead here in So Cal, We were supposed to all leave together Friday night but since I had to work late I decided to just drive up on my own early Sat morning. And I tell you the drive was AWESOME!! one lane Curvy roads, uphill down hill blind, sharp turns, blind turns that trip was simply the best.

Now I am not one to organize anything but it would be awesome if we could get a group of 997 owner's and drive up for brunch?

What do you guys think?
It is a great road, but I usually get stuck behind some slow traffic, which takes all the fun out of it. Didn't you hit slower cars on the way?

Old 11-15-2010, 12:24 AM
150shot is infamous around these parts
How funny I just drove this today but in an MB SL. The drive is good yes but also ALOT of traffic as there is a fair amount of population that live up here that travel this regularly and alot on weekends...I didnt expect to fly up the hill so I left the P car at home for this reason.

Also- I did however notice two CHP's parked up almost to the top. Went to visit a friend and a CHP had a guy pulled over on the main highway on our way to grab some food...on the way back 20 min later had another different car pulled over!!!

Not to mention the other CHP parked up near the village.

Be careful whoever goes up on a spirited drive, they looked like they were cracking down on even normal drivers.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:32 PM
EJ-997 is infamous around these parts
I have seen an increase of ticketing here in Southern Cal in the past few months.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:58 PM
DMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the rough
CHP Warning!

Originally Posted by ROADRAGE

What do you guys think?
If you're going to do it, WAIT. Or drive very cautiously.

CHP has a high level effort going on in the SB mountains. SR18 (the road to Arrowhead) SR330/SR18 (the road to Big Bear) and SR38 (the back way to Big Bear) ALL have extra CHP officers assigned to them. This has been going on since late summer and is scheduled to last for a number of months.

All 3 are great roads in a great car, but NOT while the enforcement level is so high.

DMoore
'09 C2S PDK
'10 P4S

Old 11-15-2010, 11:48 PM
ROADRAGE is a jewel in the roughROADRAGE is a jewel in the roughROADRAGE is a jewel in the roughROADRAGE is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Rob T
It is a great road, but I usually get stuck behind some slow traffic, which takes all the fun out of it. Didn't you hit slower cars on the way?
I drove up early in the morning so I maybe hit 2 or three slow cars but passed them on the bends It was my first time driving on the curvy roads and I never felt so confient in my 911. It was pure heaven.

As for CHP, I did not see one patrol car the entire trip so maybe I was just lucky. But anyhow, if anyone from socal is interested in a mini- meet and greet and for a quick drive maybe we can organize one?