997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Quick question for those with Sport Chrono and factory installed PSE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 06:39 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Cibergypsy: that sounds exactly like what the master tech (who is doing the install) thinks.

Wow. The confusion on this deal is rampant. All I wanted was a new 2011 c4s with the options I requested. At every corner they are trying to appease me with retro-mods.

I'm done! There is a simple fix. Re-order. The stress of babysitting their 'fixes' is starting to grate on my soul.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by EricP
Cibergypsy: that sounds exactly like what the master tech (who is doing the install) thinks.

Wow. The confusion on this deal is rampant. All I wanted was a new 2011 c4s with the options I requested. At every corner they are trying to appease me with retro-mods.

I'm done! There is a simple fix. Re-order. The stress of babysitting their 'fixes' is starting to grate on my soul.

Agreed! I've followed your other threads and would be doing the same.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:51 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
haha - service manager just emailed me - said QUOTE:

"Sorry, looked again yesterday and we ARE actually getting a switch that has both “sport”. PASM, and sport exhaust buttons. The proof will be in the programming if it really works that way"

(the word "both" typically refers to 2 items, not three, but whatever)

WHAT??? It better work - this car has zero miles and I was promised factory PSE/Sport Chrono. This is the Service MANAGER emailing me.

I walked on this bad deal. Ordering at noon today from another dealership.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Freeze is infamous around these parts
Good move. I would have done the same.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:18 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by EricP
haha - service manager just emailed me - said QUOTE:

"Sorry, looked again yesterday and we ARE actually getting a switch that has both “sport”. PASM, and sport exhaust buttons. The proof will be in the programming if it really works that way"

(the word "both" typically refers to 2 items, not three, but whatever)

WHAT??? It better work - this car has zero miles and I was promised factory PSE/Sport Chrono. This is the Service MANAGER emailing me.

I walked on this bad deal. Ordering at noon today from another dealership.

I suspect it would be hard for them to get the wrong part, based on my experience so far with retro-fits on my car. They put in the VIN number and part options are limited to what is supposed to work with the car. I have had several bits added (MF Wheel and Voice Control) and while they didn't have every answer up front, once the parts came in and the install was done, there have been no issues. I also wanted auto-dim mirrors added and my service guys had to call Germany to verify that it couldn't be done. Oh well, but they went the extra mile for me to try to make it happen without being ridiculous (as my advisor said, well anything could be done, but at what cost...). I don't know how your service guys are though - the guys here are excited about these cars. They may not have all the answers immediately, but they appreciate a customer who is into the car - I can go back into the service bay, check out what they are doing, ask questions, learn a lot, and it is fun. And more importantly, the techs seem enthusiastic and very helpful.

I hope it all goes well for you.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:00 PM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Question..... if you are getting this as a "retro" as in new car..... (and feel free not to answer), are they going to charge you for what the option would have costed as a new car option (which is much much lower), or, as an add-on after the fact?

Oh........ here was a pic of my kit (mufflers were in other pics).....The new switch panel is in the upper left of the pic, and the (3) buttons on the left were now SPORT, SUSPENSION with shock pic, then the PSE dual tip pic............right side were the normal wing and stability on/off.

Attached Images  

Last edited by KaamaCat; 11-18-2010 at 01:06 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 11-18-2010, 01:31 PM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KaamaCat
Question..... if you are getting this as a "retro" as in new car..... (and feel free not to answer), are they going to charge you for what the option would have costed as a new car option (which is much much lower), or, as an add-on after the fact?

Oh........ here was a pic of my kit (mufflers were in other pics).....The new switch panel is in the upper left of the pic, and the (3) buttons on the left were now SPORT, SUSPENSION with shock pic, then the PSE dual tip pic............right side were the normal wing and stability on/off.

If it's a mistake on the behalf of Porsche or the dealer then they would charge you nothing.

If you have any of these things retrofitted after the point of sale then unfortunately you get after sale prices, not build prices. Thus it's well worth the time to spec your Porsche how you want it, if you're buying new of course.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:58 PM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DaveHutchinson
If it's a mistake on the behalf of Porsche or the dealer then they would charge you nothing.

If you have any of these things retrofitted after the point of sale then unfortunately you get after sale prices, not build prices. Thus it's well worth the time to spec your Porsche how you want it, if you're buying new of course.
When I had the car, I had mine done afterwards, because the car did not have it as an option. (In-fact I think that on the 2009 GenII's PSE was not an option till late in the game).

I was thinking for this person, if they are being sold the car as new, and the salesperson says we can put the PSE option on, would that be at about the same price as if you opted it out, or, like myself which was well after the fact.

No doubt a huge savings to get the car as you want, especially an item such as PSE.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:09 PM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
I suspect, unless you'd specifically ordered the car with it, as in this case and the dealer/factory make a mistake and leave it off the car you would be charged the after sales price.

Unless the dealer was feeling really nice and it was to complete the sale, I doubt they'd take the hit of the difference.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:42 PM
OP here - Thanks for the pic of the PSE, Bob. Awesome that you had this. What are the cylinders in the upper right of the box?

Regarding cost - I ordered the car with all the options I wanted and we agreed upon a price that first meeting. The car shows up with a window sticker showing that it has all the equipment, but it's actually missing the PSExhaust...and sport chrono.

The dealer decides to add it onto the car - Porsche expedited the PSE system out to them. So that's the money issue. No more no less money exchanged hands.

Regarding the Sport chrono - the dealer is eating the cost on that update ($890 or whatever) because they forgot to add it ..as opposed to the PSE which Porsche Stuttgart forgot to put on the car.

My issues weren't with the dealer as much as they were with the entire process. I don't doubt they are trying as best they can, but misinformation has been flying since day one by sales, mgmt, parts, service, and factory. I too have been patient and flexible...but it reaches a point where I just wanted Porsche to produce this lovely car which I have wanted all my adult life - and they haven't been able to do it in a smooth fashion. I'll write the check, just get me a clean, non-retro-mod 2011 Porsche 911.

Last edited by EricP; 11-18-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:51 AM
Eric..... the cylinders are a side-pic of the new exhaust tips. I've attached pics of them stand-alone and the mufflers below. The
little grey item at the 6'OClock position is vacuum switch. That will be mounted on your upper/right engine area, real easy to spot, with the harness that snaps into it. (you push down on the spring clip to quick disconnect if you want PSE on 24x7)

Oh...... I also had them put the OEM stock mufflers in the boxes that the new were shipped in. (Ya never know if
someone wants to hack up a spare set).

Enjoy.

Attached Images