997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My 997 Carrera 4S (just picked up)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 05:57 AM
Comet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to all
My 997 Carrera 4S (just picked up)

Hey guys!

Just joined and I sure hope I'm not posting in the wrong forum.
I just picked up my first P-car 2 days ago!
I've always wanted a P-car but I never pulled the trigger until now.

A little background info on me. I live in Beirut, Lebanon and in Montreal as well. I spend most of my time in Beirut due to work but I'm a Canadian at heart.
I've been looking for a new car to replace my 335i convertible, and my friend bought a Carrera 4S. He let me drive it knowing how much I love Porsche and that's what pushed me over the edge and made me say "that's it.. I want a Porsche!".
I went to the dealership to order a new 2S and they told me they already reached their quota for 2011 and that the wait will be around 8-9months if I want a new one. I was upset obviously because I didn't want to wait that long. my 335i had been shipped back to Montreal and I was driving an old Audi I have for too long. She told me that they had a used 4S in excellent condition that would fit my criterias. I was skeptical at first but then I saw it!
It was love at first sight!
It still hasnt sunk in that this is my car..
PS: the plate is banged up because they are transit plates because it takes time to register the car.

PPS: it is a used Porsche with only 9,000kms on it.. Please don't hate on me because I didn't get a new one :P

I eventually want to put 911 in the back but I haven't decided if I should put it in red, black or silver.. I'm leaning towards clean silver!

sorry for the long post!
I still have a smile on my face and I'm super perky since I picked it up

Old 11-18-2010, 06:20 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
Congrats

Let me be the first to say congrats! Amazing car, love the CF interior parts and the gauges! The black wheels look slick with the yellow PCCB's.... wish you the best with the new ride and thanks for posting the pics!!!!

Old 11-18-2010, 06:44 AM
Comet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to all
thanks a lot mickfluff,

I hope to learn a lot about my Porsche here and look forward to posting on this forum

Old 11-18-2010, 06:45 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Beautifully done!!!
I really like the yellow dials matched with black on carbon. are the brakes ceramic or are the calipers painted?

Car looks great !!! Best wishes.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:46 AM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
beautifully done!!!
I really like the yellow dials matched with black on carbon. Are the brakes ceramic or are the calipers painted?

Car looks great !!! Best wishes.
pccb

Old 11-18-2010, 06:51 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Comet
pccb
You did very well !!! Great find !!!

Enjoy the new car.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:58 AM
Abdon is a jewel in the roughAbdon is a jewel in the roughAbdon is a jewel in the roughAbdon is a jewel in the rough
Great car!!! Congratulations and enjoy your new Pcar in great health!!!!

Old 11-18-2010, 07:01 AM
996TTFred is infamous around these parts
Great looking car. Enjoy your Porsche in good health.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:05 AM
Arerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant future
Very nice, congrats!

I like the black door pull.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:25 AM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
That's a very nice 4S. Love the CF bits. Congrats and enjoy her in good health!

Old 11-18-2010, 07:52 AM
signature65 is infamous around these parts
Love love love that interior. Looks amazing and Im usually not a carbon fiber fan. You car looks great. Maybe do the 911 in yellow to bring out the calipers and gauge faces? Will definatly look unique

Old 11-18-2010, 08:44 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
thoughts?

Plan to mod at all? Curious your plans... Keeping the car stock is a great choice but modding and making the car unique is also a great path to take...

thoughts?

again congrats.... really an amazing machine! yellow belts to compliment the PCCB and gauges is a great touch... CF parts are perfect and the wheels black are
a great addition, well spec'd car!

thanks a lot mickfluff,

I hope to learn a lot about my Porsche here and look forward to posting on this forum

Old 11-18-2010, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by mickfluff
Plan to mod at all? Curious your plans... Keeping the car stock is a great choice but modding and making the car unique is also a great path to take...

thoughts?

again congrats.... really an amazing machine! yellow belts to compliment the PCCB and gauges is a great touch... CF parts are perfect and the wheels black are
a great addition, well spec'd car!
for now I'm going to keep it stock..
I've had a lot of bad mojo in the past with modding where it caused more garage visits than tolerable... The car is plenty fast as it is and I'm faster than let's say 98% of cars on the road?

i have the PSE, short shifter, PCCB.. I don't really know what else I can add and we don't have any real tracks around here and the cops are cracking down on speeding a lot!
we have drag strips though.. but not too interested in that anymore.. I like handling more than power

Old 11-18-2010, 09:14 AM
have to agree

have to agree..... and completely understand what your saying..The car looks amazing just as it is.... although have seen a few 997.2's with an added front chin spoiler that looked slick ...

again nice ride and that car has everything!

for now I'm going to keep it stock..
I've had a lot of bad mojo in the past with modding where it caused more garage visits than tolerable... The car is plenty fast as it is and I'm faster than let's say 98% of cars on the road?

i have the PSE, short shifter, PCCB.. I don't really know what else I can add and we don't have any real tracks around here and the cops are cracking down on speeding a lot!
we have drag strips though.. but not too interested in that anymore.. I like handling more than power

Old 11-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Nice car and good job on the guys face in picture 4!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My 997 Carrera 4S (just picked up)