997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Finally ..... Top Gear/History Channel.... anyone see it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Auto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by NC 997
I think they should consider renaming the show, "Tanner Faust goes drifting.."

Personally, I'd rather watch "Chasing Classic Cars".

BIG +1 there. Wayne Carini is the man!

Old 12-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
I turned it off after watching 30 seconds of the "viper vs. military helicopter" chase. It was so staged and just a dumb idea.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:21 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Axxlrod
I turned it off after watching 30 seconds of the "viper vs. military helicopter" chase. It was so staged and just a dumb idea.
I fully agree. That was one of the most ridiculous concepts. It was so clever of them to temporarily "hide" from the helicopter in a hangar, as if the chopper pilot would get confused and lose them. Almost as dumb was the Evo's race with skiers at Mammoth, where trying to speed through a busy parking lot was supposed to be equivalent to the skiers riding the gondolas to the top. I think the show is designed to appeal mostly to young teenagers. I'm going to save my DVR space for something less juvenile.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:58 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
haters are secretly watching....

Money down says your all still tuning in but just won't admit it... sorry just not much good TV out there these days overall.

The AM review was slick....that car is beautiful... thought seeing the evo in the snow was actually pretty good.... and please, talk about dumb *** episodes the original TOP GEAR is stacked full with cars turned into boats crossing ponds and RV races etc... but the TOP GEAR kool aid is strong so all applauded.

I agree many parts I can do without (most recent episode had no actual car review + on track etc so less interested) but have to say I am giving it some time.... Not many (if any) good auto TV out there.... Hope this lasts and only gets better. Time will tell...Interesting some here thought most recent episode was the best....not me.

Last edited by mickfluff; 12-08-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
I loved the start of the 3rd show: "Our producers came up with an idea. We will each be given 5000$ to buy a car....." Should be shot for plagarism. It is embarrassing and unwatchable. Hopefully never to be viewed in England.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:43 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
The only thing crazier than the show is reading 6 pages of posts talking about it!

Old 12-09-2010, 02:04 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
I keep hoping the show gets better, but those guys have zero personality. The big, fat guy is so dull. He's driving a car 160 mph in a freakin' Aston and he sounds about as excited as one does when they are sitting in a board meeting.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:32 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
soon to be 7

soon to be 7 pages....

Originally Posted by ryem3
The only thing crazier than the show is reading 6 pages of posts talking about it!

Last edited by mickfluff; 12-10-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:19 AM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gpjli
I loved the start of the 3rd show: "Our producers came up with an idea. We will each be given 5000$ to buy a car....." Should be shot for plagarism. It is embarrassing and unwatchable. Hopefully never to be viewed in England.
Agreed. Every time they rip off something else Top Gear UK verbatim I feel as though I am in some weird deja vu nightmare in which my favorite show has suddenly been taken over by alternate hosts that are incredibly dull.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:44 AM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
Just when you think they can't come up with an even more stupid segment..... they top themselves....

Old 12-13-2010, 12:12 AM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Loved the HALO race in the 4th show.... having worked with HALO jumpers in the past, just getting the scene where the Raptor and the jumper come across the finish line at the same time is incredible!

I really do not understand why people are pissed that the show follows its original. Lots of people love "The Office" and almost every US show is identical to the UK version that came before.

Are you guys really expecting the show to be Top Gear but not use the same gimmicks?

Jason

Old 12-13-2010, 07:42 AM
mathfuzzy is infamous around these parts
Dang - just when I was planning to delete the series from my DVR list, I watched episode 3 and liked it. Laughed out loud a bunch of times. And then episode 4 wasn't to my liking. I'm so conflicted.

Certainly, if there were new BBC episodes, I would be spending my limited TV time watching those. But since there aren't, I'm going to continue to give it a chance, with and itchy finger on the fast-forward button.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:45 PM
Surfer is infamous around these parts
Problem is they just don't have the chemistry that Clarkson, Mays and Hammond have.... and that makes the show look really scripted and blah vs the fun and charisma of UK Top Gear.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:52 AM
Dave's911 is infamous around these parts
I've stopped watching. Got half way through this weeks episode and turned off. Have changed the settings on the DVR to not record. Just not that interesting.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:37 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
I think the latest episode I watched with Kid Rock was an improvement. I love the way he dissed the Prius as I HATE them. I think the black haired guy has the most personality and my hope is the shows continue to improve. Maybe they can replace at least the big goofball truck hugging guy with someone with a personality.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally ..... Top Gear/History Channel.... anyone see it?