997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dynamic Cornering Lights.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 07:48 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for the posts. While I understand that DCL aren't a big deal, and some of you don't care for PSE, these are options I ordered, and are getting aftermarket bolted onto a $121,000 MSRP Porsche 911 C4S. This isn't right. There is a quality control issue here. Like I alluded to earlier, what else is missing from the car that isn't an option. Are the airbags there?

I can't allow order a high value enthusiasts car and allow the factory to get away with all these missing items.

I am fighting this one beyond refund of $760.

Last edited by EricP; 11-23-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:07 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by erenyes
WOW, you should have went with your gut instinct and not accepted the car to begin with.....
You got that right.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:17 AM
TomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the rough
A system-wide failure

Originally Posted by EricP
VIN matches.
I honestly think Porsche quality control on the assembly line is at fault
First, sorry you've had these problems.
But I don't see this as (just) an assembly line problem.
You bought the car from a dealer who, at a minimum, failed to insure that they delivered what you paid for. That's inexcusable IMHO.

In my world, the customer would immediately be presented with four things:
1) A sincere apology from a senior manager
2) Acknowledgment of responsibility for the problem
3) An immediate, complete inspection to detect ANY remaining issues
4) A 'blank check' statement of "What can we do to make this right"

If you have gotten less, I would seriously consider telling them you'll be in today - to drop off the keys and get all of your money back.

This is a colossal ****-up, and for $115k, you should get WAY better - from everyone involved.

You sound like a very reasonable guy.
Please don't let them make their problem become your burden.
Good luck.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:30 AM
Thank You - and I agree on your points. From your list of 4, I have received only item #1. I think they would gladly offer #3. I don't care about that. They have overlooked enough so I'm not 100% sure I trust any inspection/mechanical work.

The dealer stands hard on "Porsche screwed up, we are so sorry....SOOOOO sorry, we will make it right, but this is your car. We will bolt on the components you wanted and porsche forgot...it will eventually be how you ordered it."

Previously they offered a re-order but really wanted me to take this car because it's the one I ordered. They really pushed hard on the quality of their bolt on retrofits.

They aren't open yet today so they do not know about the latest omission. I will keep you posted. I emailed the GM last night so he probably gets in at 9am and should respond.

At this time, so you all know, I am insisting they refund all my money and I will re-order elsewhere. There is no other option at this point. I'm scared of what I'll discover 3-6 months from now. I have notified my attorney.

Last edited by EricP; 11-23-2010 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:10 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
It's not what others think is important or not in your car. It was afterall a custom order and every single line item on that option list was perceived by you as a must have. So yes I would ask for a refund .. if they don't budge at the very least retrofit all those and get an additional 10 % off disccount. I agree with you...what if they forgot SPASM or any other item not that obvious to the naked eye. If I go to a restaurant and ordered something thats what I would demand. This is ridiculous...having to live with doubts in your mind about a 115K purchase that too outright cash buy.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:27 AM
To the dealers credit they just volunteered a full refund with no penalty. The apologized profusely and offered to sell me a car at dealer cost.

They stood up in the end man's style.

Porsche of Colorado Springs is the dealer.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:42 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
I'm happy for you. Fair deal. So are you picking something off the lot or custom order again

Old 11-23-2010, 10:57 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
To the dealers credit they just volunteered a full refund with no penalty. The apologized profusely and offered to sell me a car at dealer cost.

They stood up in the end man's style.

Porsche of Colorado Springs is the dealer.
That is a great outcome. You have a good relationship with the dealer and now a clean slate to order it again.

Last edited by adias; 11-23-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Freeze is infamous around these parts
Congrats. In the long run I'd be happier with another car- this one would always be attached to bad memories. You're bound to have better luck with whatever replacement you opt for.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:23 PM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TomE

You sound like a very reasonable guy.
Please don't let them make their problem become your burden.
Good luck.

Well said.. EricP -you deserve better than this..

Old 11-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Thanks guys. I have my money back at this time. I haven't decided whether or not to re-order. Very nervous about Porsche quality control. No offense to anyone here...but I'm coming from a long string of BMW's, and M cars with no issues.

I'll keep you posted.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:19 PM
TomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the rough
Very nervous about Porsche quality control. No offense to anyone here..
Given your experience, I'd be nervous too. No offense, that's just reasonable.

BMW has had their share of design mis-steps. But Porsche could learn a LOT about the customer-service experience from them. BMW's dealer network is very impressive.

I've never been in a BMW dealership where the attitude was 'It's YOUR privilege to be here.' And I've rarely been in a Porsche dealership where that wasn't the case.

Good luck with your choice, whatever it is.
I've just got to say that the prospect of taking a Pcar over to Cripple Creek, or grabbing a fly rod and heading over to Pine via the back roads is pretty thrilling. Probably not the best car to put in the lot at The Bucksnort...then again an M-series isn't either.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:33 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
I've never been in a BMW dealership where the attitude was 'It's YOUR privilege to be here.' ...
Oh, I have, and promptly crossed the street and bought a MB.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
I've never been in a BMW dealership where the attitude was 'It's YOUR privilege to be here.' And I've rarely been in a Porsche dealership where that wasn't the case.
This quote is so true, my uncle walked into a Porsche dealership and was ignored, 20 minutes in the parking lot looking and 10 minutes inside the showroom. Not even a 'hi', he thought maybe b/c of the way he dressed, went back again next week properly dressed and still not acknowledged. It's like they were waiting for him to approach them. He then went to a MB dealership and was treated well, ended up with a $160K MB. I did the same and was ignored, never went back since. I don't get that treatment at any BMW or MB dealerships. Lexus has the best service hands down, unfortunately for them they don't build any cars worth buying.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:11 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
It is random with dealerships. My 1st BMW I bought back in '85 - I was looking at a Nissan "something" - sales guy was not taking me seriously enough to let me drive a car. BMW was across the street, so I figured while in the area, it couldn't hurt to look. After not more than a few minutes, the BMW sales guy said "well, let's go drive one" - I ordered a car, which they found (not so many options as there are now days ), and I was in it a week later.

Same experience with my 911 - I walked up, short conversation about what I was thinking about, was in a test drive - sales guy was excellent and the dealership was great. One of my biggest concerns I discussed with them was my 25 years of very satisfied BMW ownership and service - if Porsche were up to that level? So far I'm very satisfied. Same thing for Lexus - excellent service and I'd say their SUVs are definitely worth buying - solid trucks, great value, and above average resale value.

I have read plenty of bad stories of both BMW and Porsche dealers though. Hate it for anyone to have to deal with that, but these guys in the end have done the right thing for you.

Last edited by stevepow; 11-24-2010 at 11:14 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dynamic Cornering Lights.