997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dynamic Cornering Lights.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 03:22 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Indeed the dealer stood up in the end. I'm gonna stew about it for the holiday weekend and then make a decision. I really want to love porsche because that 100 miles I put on the ordered 2011 CS4 were GREAT albeit bone jarring But nothing drives like a 911 as we all know. And nothing sounds better. That awesome sucking sound from the rear seat reminds you of how much air can pass through a 3.8l engine. Lovely

Who knows...if I did it again I might get the Carerra 911 GTS widebody.

Or maybe I'll invest the money like a smart person.

Last edited by EricP; 11-24-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:53 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Buddy I am so sorry for you, but I wouldn't mind getting the options bolted-on afterwards, as long as they do, and for free I'd be good. The DCL headlights looks 100 times better than the stock headlamps, you'll love them. PS. my car don't have them either and I am looking to purchase a set just for the looks.

Old 11-24-2010, 04:02 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
I hear ya, but installing the DCL's is no simple bolt on with the controller modules and wiring mess. Anything can be done, but the dealer was even sketchy about it.

Regardless, the car is long gone and the cash is back in my bank account.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:04 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by EricP
Indeed the dealer stood up in the end. I'm gonna stew about it for the holiday weekend and then make a decision. I really want to love porsche because that 100 miles I put on the ordered 2011 CS4 were GREAT albeit bone jarring But nothing drives like a 911 as we all know. And nothing sounds better. That awesome sucking sound from the rear seat reminds you of how much air can pass through a 3.8l engine. Lovely

Who knows...if I did it again I might get the Carerra 911 GTS widebody.

Or maybe I'll invest the money like a smart person.
I don't think PAG has a quality issue based on your order. Someone mangled the order list that is all. Therefore, I think you can reorder with confidence. Having said that... I noticed what you wrote above, marked in bold. Are you sure you want a 911? Jarring ride? With all due respect, if your reaction was that, you may like the idea/looks/performance of a 911 but not really how it drives. To me that is the question that you should ponder. BMWs are completely different cars/ride and some people prefer that. I raise the question because I know of people who bought 911s and hated them after a while...

Old 11-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Someone mangled the order list AT PORSCHE STUTTGART (PAG) - not at the dealer. Which means it's a quality control issue. Where were Dieter and Rolf at the end of the assembly line doing the final build inspection? The VIN associates to all the missing items appropriately as does the munrony (build manifesto). The error was in Germany.

This isn't my first Porsche. I understand the ride issue. But we live in Colorado - the roads are horrible here for the most part due to the temperature changes and our type of soil. When you put my M3 or M5 into extreme sport mode it was similar - downright brutal in a lovely way.

Last edited by EricP; 11-24-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:34 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Someone mangled the order list AT PORSCHE STUTTGART (PAG) - not at the dealer. Which means it's a quality control issue. Where were Dieter and Rolf at the end of the assembly line doing the final build inspection? The VIN associates to all the missing items appropriately as does the munrony (build manifesto). The error was in Germany.

This isn't my first Porsche. I understand the ride issue. But we live in Colorado - the roads are horrible here for the most part due to the temperature changes and our type of soil. When you put my M3 or M5 into extreme sport mode it was similar - downright brutal in a lovely way.
Great! It looks like it's what you are after. Enjoy!

Re the assembly mishap... write PCNA about it. I'm sure Stuttgart would like to learn about it. All great systems have bugs - you just experienced PAG's.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:39 PM
I called 1-800-PORSCHE and they couldn't care less. They said verbatim "Tell your dealer you aren't satisfied"

I replied "I'm scared to re-order based on PAG's (not the dealer's) QC issues."

They said "Sorry to hear that. Is there anything else we can do for you today?"

I called back and spoke to another lady - same script....

I wonder if writing will have better result?

Maybe I'll try - thanks for your advice! Have a good Holiday!

Old 11-24-2010, 06:34 PM
I called 1-800-PORSCHE and they couldn't care less. They said verbatim "Tell your dealer you aren't satisfied"

I replied "I'm scared to re-order based on PAG's (not the dealer's) QC issues."

They said "Sorry to hear that. Is there anything else we can do for you today?"

I called back and spoke to another lady - same script....

I wonder if writing will have better result?

Maybe I'll try - thanks for your advice! Have a good Holiday!
I would write a polite letter to the PCNA President with copy to Zuffenhausen. Any good company wants to hear from its customers and correct issues.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:23 PM
i will send a letter. Cheers

Old 11-25-2010, 03:17 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
My impression is that you still have reservations about Porsche (or at least the C4S) - regardless of the factory error.

Your dealer did the right thing and so did you I believe -- congrats to both parties on that.

PCNA was likely following protocol and probably would have been slightly more involved if the dealer refused to cooperate - though they may not have actually accomplished anything for you.

The real test is if those 100 miles turn into 500 miles of virtual driving. I'd give it another 2 weeks and see how far you've virtually driven your prior C4S. < 500 miles and I'd move on to another model or brand.

Old 11-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Taylorcoleman:

1. Not my first 911

2. Dealer refused to stand up initially, and Porsche wouldn't get involved.

3. Reservations, yes. Especially with everyone in my friend and family circle (think WIFE) that witnessed the saga firsthand telling me to NOT do it again.

I don't write $115k personal checks when I have reservations. Luckily they gave me a $115k check BACK.

Happy Drunksgiving Bird Day

Last edited by EricP; 11-25-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:19 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
The pro and con of this moment are (in my opinion) --

Pro -
1) You have 115K back. That's a major pro!!!!
2) Your dealership hesitated but evaluated --and in the end they did the right thing .

Con -
1) You have no car
2) You faced emotional stress.
3) You now lack confidence after the incorrect order and follow up calls .

The bottom line --
It does not surprise me that you encountered a large crop of people who don't give a $h*t . After all .. you held up your end and had expectations of customer commitment and accuracy . But that isn't how life goes .

You do need a car . Do you think the human nature and lack of professonalism that you faced isn't everywhere ? Do you think .. it would be different with a different car under similar circumstances?

I don't . I think we live in a society where a lot of people are so focused on themselves that they lack insight and compassion . The main attitude is "I got mine" or "I'm right so you must be wrong" .. or apathy ( "have a nice day .. is there anything else ") . They would care if it was their car .. but not yoirs.
Of course it's NOT everyone .. but it did not take 100 percent of the staff to ruin your car's delivery experience.

So -- What to do?
Buy a Porsche at dealership cost and have the car that you wanted .
That is what you wanted . No?
Unless that sentiment has changed .

In other words .. focus on your self and be happy .
And realize .. that there are those who do care .

And what of those selfish people ?
It sounds like they are pretty miserable regardless of whether you buy a porsche or not.

Good luck.

Last edited by yrralis1; 11-26-2010 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:26 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
I called 1-800-PORSCHE and they couldn't care less. !
EricP. Frankly, the entire expense of your car is a rounding error to Porsche. They are not hurting and frankly, could care less.

That being said, kudos for having a stand-up dealer. It sounds like you're really smarting on this from principle. If you are the type that will harbor a grudge, take it back to the dealer and get something else. However if you can see this as the beginning of fruitful & characterful relationship, then enjoy, skip the headlights and get a tubi exhaust (or similar)....sounds better, weighs less, made well.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by KK Moto
EricP. Frankly, the entire expense of your car is a rounding error to Porsche. They are not hurting and frankly, could care less.

That being said, kudos for having a stand-up dealer. It sounds like you're really smarting on this from principle. If you are the type that will harbor a grudge, take it back to the dealer and get something else. However if you can see this as the beginning of fruitful & characterful relationship, then enjoy, skip the headlights and get a tubi exhaust (or similar)....sounds better, weighs less, made well.
you didn't read the thread.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:36 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
you didn't read the thread.
Yes you're right. Missed the part at page 1 1/2 were the problem was corrected but the thread continued for twice as long lamenting the horror of your experience. Hate to see McD's screw up custom quarter-pounder!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dynamic Cornering Lights.