997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dynamic Cornering Lights.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EricP
To the dealers credit they just volunteered a full refund with no penalty. The apologized profusely and offered to sell me a car at dealer cost.

They stood up in the end man's style.

Porsche of Colorado Springs is the dealer.
If they had "stood up" earlier in the process I would have been impressed. The fact that they "stood up" after sensing your determination to press the issue in court that would have been a slam dunk for a second grade lawyer fresh out of law school, that's a different story.
However, the car you ordered at dealer cost might have been worth considering. Anyone can make mistakes but a Porsche at dealer cost, including all the program dollars they get of course, would be worth considering.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:33 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Having been a similar situation here is my take. Relax for a bit then go back and get what you want, at cost this time. Don't let this experience take you away from getting what you deserve - a car we all dream of owning. These things are going to happen - there is a car sitting in the dealership at Toronto with the same story. It will take a little swallowing of your pride but in the end your troubles will be saving you $$ and now you can share the story with everyone. Sometimes, when you really want something you need to go that extra mile to get it!

Old 11-29-2010, 09:55 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
good advice uhn. Only trouble is that I've decided I am ready to pull the trigger again and the dealer will give me his cost which is nice...but he has no slots until March...Just a reminder, we are in November right now.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Freeze is infamous around these parts
That's an awfully good deal to pass up on a car built the way you want it (despite what happenned the first time).

Patience is simple, but simple doesn't mean easy. I won't see my GTS until March, and the wait is frustrating to say the least.

Good luck with whatever you decide; you deserve it at this point.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:14 PM
TomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the rough
Seems like, in the end, everything turned out pretty well. That's not to say you shouldn't have some reservations, but it could be one heck of a lot worse.
As far as the March delivery goes, yeah it's a bit out there. However, you'll get a car built in the sweet spot of the model year, when everything is most likely to go well / produce a minimum number of defects.
Plus-
- You won't spend a bunch of days fretting about the snow, the ice, and the salt.
- You'll have plenty of time to get a great deal on winter wheels and tires for next year....or upgrade your wheels and put snows on what you ordered.
- The price is going to be terrific.
- And you're pretty much guaranteed that the relevant parties are going to make certain that it all goes as perfectly as it can.
All in all, there's just not much to hate in this deal IMHO.
It's your checkbook man, but I'd venture to say that there are a whole lot of folks who'd love to be in your position right now.
Good luck.
And if you do go ahead, you have to post a pic of this thing in the 'parking lot' of the Bucksnort up above Pine.