997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dynamic Cornering Lights.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 07:14 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Dynamic Cornering Lights.

Is there a way to tell if a 997.2 has Dynamic Cornering Lights without driving it - by simply observing the headlamp assembly?

Old 11-22-2010, 08:08 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
The DCL have two bulbs as shown in this picture. The standard will not have the lower bulb. It's as simple as that.

Attached Images  
Old 11-22-2010, 08:11 PM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by EricP
Is there a way to tell if a 997.2 has Dynamic Cornering Lights without driving it - by simply observing the headlamp assembly?
yes - if it has DCL, then it looks like there are two 'eyes' per headlight. easier to tell when you have cars with and without DCL side by side.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:45 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
OMG - I just took delivery of my 2011 C4S and Porsche forgot a couple options. Now I discover they forgot DCL as well as PSExhaust.

HOLY COW.....I totally got a lemon

Attached Images   
Old 11-22-2010, 09:48 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Ouch, that hurts. Eric, you need some seroius TLC from Porsche NA for all the recent goof-ups on your custom order. SC, PSE and now DCL...the list is never ending.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:07 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Unreal - built during Octoberfest? Dealer should have caught all that, but still not their fault - but they need to bring it to PCNA, big time.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:09 PM
Porsche NA doesn't care. They said "talk to your dealer"

My dealer is not directly at fault - but they just keep saying "we'll add it on" each time.

I'm sick of this. Who knows what else is missing that isn't an option. ABS override? Brake fluid clamps?

Old 11-22-2010, 10:16 PM
How can they treat their customers who spend more than 100K, plus all those painful 60 days or so waiting for the car of their dreams like this. Buying a 911 and taking delivery should be a pleasurable experience ... this is far from one. Eric, I feel bad for you.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:21 PM
I paid cash. Not that this is important, but I walked in there today and dropped off a check for $115k. Paperwork took 7 minutes. It wasn't like they had to work for my deal.

It's incredible how badly this has gone.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:29 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by EricP
Porsche NA doesn't care. They said "talk to your dealer"

My dealer is not directly at fault - but they just keep saying "we'll add it on" each time.

I'm sick of this. Who knows what else is missing that isn't an option. ABS override? Brake fluid clamps?

If they can add that, it will be interesting - a few posts lately have been from people wanting to add those as well. If all the wiring is in place or addable will be the trick. Other than the lights, there's a control module that goes in the frunk...and the wiring. The lights (designed to be replaced) and module look like they should be easy enough.

I hope they can do it.

You're gonna have to go in there and say, "Hi, I'm Job, back again, and now I need you to put in my DCLs.

Does your VIN match that print out? At some point, after all this, you start to wonder what was going on with the car all that time it was in the US, but not at the dealer. Probably crazy talk, but I think you should look that car over very closely for any other missing or strange features.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:43 PM
VIN matches. Porsche NA did indeed confirm that PSE was meant to be on the car. I was curious if the dealer forgot to order it. So I'm sure the DCL option was also in the VIN association.

I agree. I'm starting to wonder what happened to my car as it sat in port for 3 weeks. Everything else is on the car though. I did a once-over after discovering the DCL's were missing..

I honestly think Porsche quality control on the assembly line is at fault here, though. Lead in the water or something dumbing down the workers. I'll keep you guys posted.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:50 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
They should be able to add the lights and the exhaust. I would not do it though. I see no point in directional lights in a sports car and the STD exhaust is just fine. I hear it fine. The PSE has no performance advantage and if anything, with the moving vane, it's another gadget to break. I would seek though a reimbursement for the options I paid for and did not get.

This is just another perspective, that's all.

Last edited by adias; 11-23-2010 at 12:05 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:40 AM
erenyes is infamous around these parts
WOW, you should have went with your gut instinct and not accepted the car to begin with.....

Old 11-23-2010, 12:53 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adias
They should be able to add the lights and the exhaust. I would not do it though. I see no point in directional lights in a sports car and the STD exhaust is just fine. I hear it fine. The PSE has no performance advantage and if anything, with the moving vane, it's another gadget to break. I would seek though a reimbursement for the options I paid for and did not get.

This is just another perspective, that's all.
+1

To the Op -
You will never miss what you never had .
The savings at this point makes the most sense.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:57 AM
jster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud of
I would echo the comment on the DCL. I had expected them to be similar to those on an M5 I had...turn the wheel and you get a significant change in headlight travel for the curve. Maybe mine aren't connected or calibrated correctly but I get very little travel when I look at them against my garage wall or at night going through a significant curve. I wouldn't order them again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dynamic Cornering Lights.