997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Michelin Pilot SUPER Sports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 08:37 PM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
Michelin Pilot SUPER Sports

Apparently this is the replacement for the PS2 and as you can see, they'll be N spec for our 997s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy9rkjgf3xw

DRP

Old 11-22-2010, 09:04 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Yup this was filmed at the Autodrome in Dubai last week. Michelin flew over people to drive cars.....one of them was a friend of mine. BASTARD!!

Attached Images      
Old 11-22-2010, 09:05 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
more

Attached Images    
Old 11-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
looks good.

may get a set for RS for wet track use.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
Tire test results: Amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8eSx5B4vLY

Old 11-23-2010, 01:38 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I am waiting for the real life tests that the people of this forum report back with.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan
I am waiting for the real life tests that the people of this forum report back with.
That will be me if they come in RS sizes.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:19 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Go get a set of 18" wheels and some great track tires (Hoosier R6's)

Old 11-24-2010, 07:17 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Don't you just imagine they will be EVEN MORE expensive than PS2's.......

Old 11-24-2010, 09:08 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
I'm sure Michelin would love to know exactly what sizes you guys would like. Please divulge and I will be happy to forward along.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 11-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by ryem3
Don't you just imagine they will be EVEN MORE expensive than PS2's.......
Absolutely, they have to cover the costs of R&D, and the propaganda videos posted in this thread

Old 11-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack
I'm sure Michelin would love to know exactly what sizes you guys would like. Please divulge and I will be happy to forward along.
Thanks Damon.

I already bought a set of 18" BBS centerlock wheels. I will need 245-255 in front, and 325-335 in rear. PM me when you got them.

@Ed,

As you know, I don't have a trailer. Hoosier is out for me.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:28 AM
Tim that is a weak excuse, you can borrow mine when I am not using it, and when I am you can rent one. Your pepper wagon should have no problem dragging it around.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:24 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Are these replacements forbthe PS2 or Sport Cups?

There are lots of choices for street tires but street/track tires I can only get Toyo R888 in my 18" sizes.....I use:

245/40/18
305/35/18

Or

255/35/18
315/30/18

Old 11-25-2010, 08:48 AM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mdrums
Are these replacements forbthe PS2 or Sport Cups?
My understanding is that the pilot super sport falls between the cup and PS2 on performance. The PS2 will continue. The PS3 will not be an N spec tire (I believe its more of a comfort oriented summer tire). But the pilot super sport is not a competition tire. If I read correctly, the treadwear rating is 300...which is higher than the PS2.

It should be the new benchmark. The fact that Alpina uses it on the B5 tells you it still has the sophistication (feedback) and good road manners of the PS2.

Now lets see when the OEM 997 sizes come out...

Happy holiday.
DRP

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Michelin Pilot SUPER Sports