997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 Gundo Hack feedback?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 01:31 PM
jimny is infamous around these parts
997.2 Gundo Hack feedback?

Hey guys,

I think there is someone from search that has a 997.2 that did the gundo hack and said it was still quite good. Although not as dramatic as the 997.1 but still worth it. Any one else with 997.2 do the gundo? Did it make a difference with the DFI?

Old 11-26-2010, 11:09 AM
kiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to behold
I had it done on my C4S and it does sound pretty good, but not as loud as the 997.1. At a cold start its sounds great, and at high RPM's. If you're looking for something loud, you might want to look at some aftermarket options...

Old 11-26-2010, 03:59 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
gundo hack=quieter than 997.1

add X pipe primary bypass=better than 997.1 hack

Old 11-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Is this what you are talking about?

http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=193

Is the process reversible? How much does install for this typically run? I watched a few of the videos, the first when the car was revving standing still sounded like a chainsaw so that wasn't to my liking. However the drive by sounded nice and the in car sounded nice too. Nice deep throaty notes, and not too loud, just right. Can you elaborate your experience to which video it sounds more similar to real life?

Old 11-26-2010, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by kiet420
I had it done on my C4S and it does sound pretty good, but not as loud as the 997.1. At a cold start its sounds great, and at high RPM's. If you're looking for something loud, you might want to look at some aftermarket options...
I don't think I am looking for a loud exhaust, just a slight increase and deepening of the exhaust note. How would you describe the difference before and after?

Old 11-26-2010, 09:01 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jimny
Is this what you are talking about?

http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=193

Is the process reversible? How much does install for this typically run? I watched a few of the videos, the first when the car was revving standing still sounded like a chainsaw so that wasn't to my liking. However the drive by sounded nice and the in car sounded nice too. Nice deep throaty notes, and not too loud, just right. Can you elaborate your experience to which video it sounds more similar to real life?
the other primary bypass.. the one with Xpipe in middle joining the two sides.. the standalone pipes are deeper sound.

its not loud either way, just sounds better.

the video's are off because the camera's mic.

this is the center pipe you want:

u can reverse the primary bypass, cant really reverse the hack with ease (its welded!)

do the hack, if you like it, leave it

if you dont, add the primary... done deal.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:13 PM
I looked at the instructions, doesn't look too bad, did you do this yourself?

Old 11-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Did you look into both the primary and secondary option? Why did you pick the primary?

Old 11-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Did you look into both the primary and secondary option? Why did you pick the primary?
secondary will make your car sound like an F1 car.

primary+hack=sounds like 997.1 with PSE

install takes 45 mins,

hack u need a pro to weld.

you would think the hack does same as secondary but it DOES NOT, secondary sounds like front row at a RACE... beware.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:15 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
"X" pipes are reported to cost a bunch of torque compared to the crossover pipes. I installed a set of crossovers and was very pleased with the additional amount of exhaust sound while keeping the stock cans. It has been recommended that the combination of crossovers and the hack is the best bang for the buck for someone looking for a deeper, but only slightly louder, exhaust note.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:43 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
I think if you are looking for a sound difference (noticable) then you will need to hit the secondary mufflers on the Gen2. The "X" pipe, in either configuration (joined or not) will get you minimal sound at best. (or better put after you write the check, do the install, then listen you will not be happy).

I would say though (although I never dyno'd mine) the replacing of the primary/common muffler with the "X" did seem to fell better. By that I mean throttle response felt better, but honestly do not know overall what it bought me.

So if you want sound, I think you need a "X of a sort ALONG WITH a secondary modification, whether that be a replacement or a "hack" being similar to PSE. (Well sorta). The primary/common would need to go.

Just a word of caution here..... if you do listen to any vids and such, I think many of them either are at warm-up where the sound is quite nice, or, the person may have an intake modification. (So if you want a true sample, you'd need to find someone that had exactly the mod you want and not in combination with anything else).

Old 11-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by PTParks
"X" pipes are reported to cost a bunch of torque compared to the crossover pipes. I installed a set of crossovers and was very pleased with the additional amount of exhaust sound while keeping the stock cans. It has been recommended that the combination of crossovers and the hack is the best bang for the buck for someone looking for a deeper, but only slightly louder, exhaust note.
What cross over did you install?

Old 11-27-2010, 11:32 AM
I am thinking I should do a x or cross over first since they are reversable and if I am not happy then do the hack?

Old 11-27-2010, 02:59 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
What cross over did you install?
AWE cross-over pipes.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:40 PM
tcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to behold
I have the SharkWerks crossover and I am very happy. The mod is fully reversible and is about a 2 hour very easy DYI - just back the cars on platforms and you are good to go.

The sound is throathier, but not that loud at low RPM. It really wakes up at 4.5K RPM though.

I highly recommend it for the money,

T.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Gundo Hack feedback?