997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

What if I disconnect my Helms device?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 11:51 AM
h1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud of
What if I disconnect my Helms device?

What will happen if I disconnect my Helms device and plug up the vacuum line?

1. Different sound?
2. Better performance?
3. Check engine light?
4. Void my warrantee?

One would think it would allow more air at "ALL TIMES" instead just when the flap opens.

I like the sound at the higher RPM's, just wondering if it would give that sound all the time?

Old 11-26-2010, 04:05 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
The Fabspeed cold air intake comes with a block-off cap.

J

Old 11-26-2010, 06:04 PM
h1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by xXxGhotimanxXx
The Fabspeed cold air intake comes with a block-off cap.

J
I guess I dont understand that block off cap. Wouldnt one want MORE air into the intake?

I understand the Helms allows more air from the air box at higher RPM's.

Wouldnt Blocking this off cuts off the ability for that extra air???

I maybe Backwards on this topic.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:28 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
Don't think it has anything to do with more/less air. Think it just changes the sound of the intake, etc. The pipe/tube that is the Fabspeed cold air intake for the 997.1 is smooth on the inside instead of corrugated...allowing more air/faster air to enter the plenum, etc. That's my understanding anyway.

J

Old 11-27-2010, 05:01 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by h1sp
I guess I dont understand that block off cap. Wouldnt one want MORE air into the intake?

I understand the Helms allows more air from the air box at higher RPM's.

Wouldnt Blocking this off cuts off the ability for that extra air???

I maybe Backwards on this topic.
Search helmholtz (that's the correct name) and you'll find lots of info and find out it's only part of the air box for sound.