997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I am trying very hard to want to be a porsche owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Yossarian is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TomE
As frustrating as it is, the basic laws of statistics apply to Porsches. You got one of the six-sigmas on the wrong side of the curve.

Just tell the PNA guys, calmly and simply, that you want either a new car, or your money back. Frankly, the Lemon Law provisions already kicked in. You've gone above and beyond reason, being patient both in diagnosing and treating problems that should never have occurred. Drop off all of your keys and everything that came with the car to the dealer. Don't muck up the waters with anything else. Car or check.

I know someone here who got a new Cayenne, and from the new model year, for WAY fewer problems than you've had. Just be calm and clear.

JMHO, but if you've been unkind in a way that you feel poorly about, I'd man up and apologize to whomever you feel deserves it. It's better to keep things 'in balance'. This sort of thing can't be fun for the dealership personnel either.

Good luck
Thanks, and good advice. PNA still has a week to sort it out so we will see. I will post what this latest problem is but I think its the throw bearings on the gearbox.

As for being nice.. I have been mostly, but I did lose my temper in the last 24 hours. They are people and i do own an appology; i usually consider myself better than that. I am a contracts negociator for work, so I should be good at bening calm.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:54 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stevepow
Man - that's beyond a bummer. NO car should be giving that much trouble.
So, clutch is bad. Big deal.
Fight with a dealer to get it repaired for free, to the extent of the best of your patience. If that works out - fine. If not, get it done at your mechanic shop and pay for this yourself. What is all the fuss about it and 'happiness'? Clutches do go bad. All of them will go bad in the end. One stupid valet can burn it down in 5min, simply by forgetting to take off from hand brake and raising RPMs to 5K to make car move.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
Porsche has the mentality that they will fix it to make it right. So if you have a new clutch issue as much as a pain in the butt it is just bring it back to dealer and let them operate and drive off in a loaner. Not that big of a deal and since your vehicle is new they are going to bend over backwards to get everything corrected and keep you happy. After having your engine replaced im sure your fed up but your service department im sure will do everything they can to get you on the road again. Trust me they don't want you coming back every two months with major issues and nor should you. Hang in there this could be the last issue for a very long time

Old 12-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Did the gearbox seize or did the shift cables break. Perhaps they didn't put it back together properly. It sounds like you got a new engine and are still having clutch problems am I following that right? You said it feels strange and that it smells burnt. ARe you sure you're not just smelling that famous 911 creosote smell, it can be pretty bad on a new car until it burns off.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
Did the gearbox seize or did the shift cables break. Perhaps they didn't put it back together properly. It sounds like you got a new engine and are still having clutch problems am I following that right? You said it feels strange and that it smells burnt. ARe you sure you're not just smelling that famous 911 creosote smell, it can be pretty bad on a new car until it burns off.

So yes, engine and clutch replaced at the same time (clutch for free by the dealer), now its back and the gearbox is stuck in first. I was able to do a bit of shifting last night to get home, but now its at the dealer and perma stuck in first. I am not sure about the smell, you may be right.

Any P owners in SF want to let me smell their rear ends. (I could not resist that)

PNA does seem all over it and the tech is coming tomorrow.

Either way, unless they just dont step to the plate, I will be in a new Porsche, it just takes time. I have plenaty to lemon it, it just depends on how nice PNA wants to be so its good for everyone. If you ever get in this situation it is good to know what you are entitled to. I started documenting early all my costs.

FYI, one preson mentioned the dealer, since I read the whole lemon law and now have it pleasently underlined, I know the dealer has zero responsability. They may or may not be the best repair dealer in the bay but they have been great at customer service and dilligence. I got a couple of asks on who they werre and its Sonnen. Frankly, they could not be better.

Cheers

Old 12-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Its official, I am now done with Porsche and will file a lemon law complaint, a consumer compaint and a personal law suit for the stress related to their obvious misrepresentation of facts.

I have been informed that after getting my car back with a new clutch and driving a short 400 miles I have broken the fork in the gearbox for first and second gear. It has been requested that I pay 5k to fix this issue.

This is a shameful product, shameful customer experience, shameful company.

There is no new porsche in my future and I will do everything to ruin their reputation.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:25 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Yossarian
Its official, I am now done with Porsche and will file a lemon law complaint, a consumer compaint and a personal law suit for the stress related to their obvious misrepresentation of facts.

I have been informed that after getting my car back with a new clutch and driving a short 400 miles I have broken the fork in the gearbox for first and second gear. It has been requested that I pay 5k to fix this issue.

This is a shameful product, shameful customer experience, shameful company.

There is no new porsche in my future and I will do everything to ruin their reputation.
I am sorry you feel that way. That is not my assessment of the company or the product.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:24 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
...and I will do everything to ruin their reputation.
You should let it go - no sense wasting your energy with that and probably a steep uphill battle anyway - Porsche is at the top in Consumer Reports and JD Power. That and the huge number of dedicated owners - many with cars that have survived for a long long time. All that suggests you were just very unlucky with a bad car, or you f'd up your car. Either way, it is an anomaly in the big picture and most will discount it as such.

You'll do nothing to ruin Porsche reputation and just prolong your irritation. It is unfortunate what happened to you, and hopefully the lemon law will sort it out. If that outcome is favorable for you, be happy, learn from it if there's anything to learn, and move on with your life - it ain't worth a campaign.

Best of luck moving forward.

Last edited by stevepow; 12-03-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:07 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stevepow
You'll do nothing to ruin Porsche reputation and just prolong your irritation. It is unfortunate what happened to you, and hopefully the lemon law will sort it out. If that outcome is favorable for you, be happy, learn from it if there's anything to learn, and move on with your life - it ain't worth a campaign.
+1. Not to mention, publicly announcing your intention to cause financial harm to the company via negative publicity is unlikely to work out well for you and your lawsuit.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by gravedgr
+1. Not to mention, publicly announcing your intention to cause financial harm to the company via negative publicity is unlikely to work out well for you and your lawsuit.

I call bull. Two indi shops just simply laughed when I told them of my issues. The simple fact is there is no way posible for me to have had 5 motercyles, three clutch cars and to have dirven this car like it was my baby and had a failed clutch and filed transmision. Porsche is full of crap and if you want to believe it, enjoy.

I am a consumer advocate and they are clearly at fault. On top of that, they are covering up the issue and will end up paying in court. As for ruining the reputation.... They ruined my enjoyment.. its fair trade. Nothing can stop me and while a few of you will not listen... Rember the 2005 mini and others... you can thaks me later for my dilligence.

I will cause at least 10 drivers to not buy a porsche just for spite... Its not worth it... screw all of you, this has sucked.

In the end they dont have a prayer in court sine the engine was a lemon and I already have ten posible reasons as to the other failures.

Last edited by Yossarian; 12-03-2010 at 10:46 PM. Reason: type
Old 12-03-2010, 11:40 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
...Its not worth it... screw all of you, this has sucked.
How enlightening. Sorry for your P-car problems truly I am, as are others here, but THAT comment was absolutely unwarranted.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Peter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud of
I think you should just grow up and act like an adult geez. Being all butt hurt about the problems you encountered isn't going to change anything. If everything you said was true, then you had a streak of bad luck, simple as that. Take a midol and get on with your life, and spare us of your ridiculous whining.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
How enlightening. Sorry for your P-car problems truly I am, as are others here, but THAT comment was absolutely unwarranted.

You are correct and I appologize. I was frustrated and it was late at night when I posted.

I am truely shocked to hear people on this forum who are just willing to walk away, get out of the car, or simply accept a loss. Its consumers like me that actually enable the rest. I believe in logical conculutions and do not accept taking a loss.

Publically admonishing Porsche, filing complaints wiht the BBB and other actions always have an affect. It actually saddens me that others dont recognize what walking away does.

maybe its a money thing? It is expensive and many here probably have tons of extra to throw away. I can afford it, but I dnt throw away money.

Again I appologize for the comment.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Obviously we all love porsches. None of us can know for sure what went wrong in your case but if everything played out the way you've been posting for the last several weeks then you got a lemon. Sorry it happened to you but it's bound to happen every once in a while. What I find upsetting is that you weren't taken care of after the obvious issues. I've read countless tales of woe on this forum and it always seems that PNA eventually comes though on the customers side. Porsche has a loyal customer base for a reason.

Is it possible that you are just not allowing enough time for the slow wheels of a corp giant to make a proper decision? I'm don't know all the details but from what I've read it doesn't really seem like your dealer is going to bat for you.

Sorry Man.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:43 AM
996TTFred is infamous around these parts
How did Porsche propose that you broke the tuning fork within 400 miles, or did they give you a reason?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I am trying very hard to want to be a porsche owner