997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I am trying very hard to want to be a porsche owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 10:55 AM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Yossarian
I call bull. Two indi shops just simply laughed when I told them of my issues. The simple fact is there is no way posible for me to have had 5 motercyles, three clutch cars and to have dirven this car like it was my baby and had a failed clutch and filed transmision. Porsche is full of crap and if you want to believe it, enjoy.

I am a consumer advocate and they are clearly at fault. On top of that, they are covering up the issue and will end up paying in court. As for ruining the reputation.... They ruined my enjoyment.. its fair trade. Nothing can stop me and while a few of you will not listen... Rember the 2005 mini and others... you can thaks me later for my dilligence.

I will cause at least 10 drivers to not buy a porsche just for spite... Its not worth it... screw all of you, this has sucked.

In the end they dont have a prayer in court sine the engine was a lemon and I already have ten posible reasons as to the other failures.
You are completely missing the point. No one said you did/did not have a valid complaint. We simply said that the outcome you seek is unlikely to be the outcome you get, and because of that, you're likely to end up with a lot of frustration, a lot of wasted time, and a lot of wasted money. No one said we WANT that to happen, only that based on past experience we think the odds are not in your favor.

As for my comment that you quoted, ANY statement in a public forum that can be used against you in a lawsuit you bring or that they bring is completely, and utterly foolish. You are letting your frustration and a bit of ego get in the way of smartly (i.e. keeping your mouth shut from now on, and not providing fodder for PCNA attorneys) going after what you seek.

On another forum I read, someone thought it was okay to bad mouth a company's product, thinking consumer protection laws would protect him, or that they wouldn't notice/document/present his statements in court, or that friends would back him up. He was ultimately unprepared for the $500,000 lawsuit they brought against him. He was able to settle, but it financially ruined his life. Don't be that guy.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:10 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Yossarian
You are correct and I appologize. I was frustrated and it was late at night when I posted.

I am truely shocked to hear people on this forum who are just willing to walk away, get out of the car, or simply accept a loss. Its consumers like me that actually enable the rest. I believe in logical conculutions and do not accept taking a loss.

Publically admonishing Porsche, filing complaints wiht the BBB and other actions always have an affect. It actually saddens me that others dont recognize what walking away does.

maybe its a money thing? It is expensive and many here probably have tons of extra to throw away. I can afford it, but I dnt throw away money.

Again I appologize for the comment.
Apology accepted! Now, I would like to encourage you to switch-off the emotion thing (and believe me, I understand how pi$$ed you must be- and if all is as you've stated, obviously there is something lacking on the business side of the fence here); switch off the emotion in your mind, and proceed with logic, facts, ...and WISE counsel. You can see more clearly, communicate far better, and endear those whom you might consider your foes at this point without being blinded by anger. Nobody wants to get around a snapping, injured, wild animal ya know? There's some good counsel here- some of which may be able to open some doors for you, or at least give you the info you need.

I know it can be difficult to do when you feel more or less violated by this, but get beyond the emotion so you can do this right.

Hoping and praying that you can still obtain an amicable outcome, bro. Best to you.

Old 12-04-2010, 04:57 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Sueing them for stress because your car broke ?
Now that's a good one. Maybe I should sue my employer because they give me gray hair!
Living in San Francisco isn't going to help this case. Sometimes our litiguous society just makes me sick.

Old 12-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
You sound like your own worst enemy. Just keep taking the car and and have them fix it and check your emotional BS at the door. I've purchased somewhere between 15-20 new Porsches. They have always taken care of me, yes I have had engine replacements and trans replacements. PCNA owes you a car that works, nothing more. Your position that they owe you a new car is ridiculous.

I'll also let you know that PCNA rarely looses these types of cases and they take many to court instead of giving new cars to folks that think they "deserve" one.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Yossarian is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tpup
You sound like your own worst enemy. Just keep taking the car and and have them fix it and check your emotional BS at the door. I've purchased somewhere between 15-20 new Porsches. They have always taken care of me, yes I have had engine replacements and trans replacements. PCNA owes you a car that works, nothing more. Your position that they owe you a new car is ridiculous.

I'll also let you know that PCNA rarely looses these types of cases and they take many to court instead of giving new cars to folks that think they "deserve" one.

Tupu,

I agree I have been emotional. This was a dream car and it kind of fell apart. That being said, one night of whiskey and I think I am calm again. I just want to be you, 15 cars later saying it is the greatest car. I know them make them.

I am curious about your comment about getting a new transmission. Could you tell me what went wrong and after how long?

The gearbox is a warrenty item. However, they are refusing to cover it under warrenty.

As for "a new car", its not really about what I deserve.. its simply the lemon law as designed. I only care that I am not losing money. If it was just the engine I would never have asked. However, add a burned clutch, a new transmission, while the whole time I was saying something is not right with the gear shifting. Add to that only 2800 miles, and now that the trasnmission is off (and I am being told I am a horrible driver) the teath are perfect. One piece snapped off. If I burned a clutch as stated there should ahve been some wear on the transmission, signs of grinding gears or something other than a snapped shift fork.

Oh and one more - I drove other cars to prove mine drove different. The regional tech comes out and says mine is fine. Of course they then add that my car has a newer clutch part number than the first and the ones on the lot.

It all just does not add up. I can feel the difference in seconds and they need to go to a manual to find out what I feel in a clutch. Then it is inffered that user error caused all the issues. Highly unlikely.

Of course an engine failure is unlikely.... In fact mixing an engine failure with a driver that cant dirver these cars (after many clutch cars), is well even more rare.

You all talk about PNA steping up.. I dont see it or their logic.

In this case, PNA has zero proof I mishandled the car (as stated in the transmission warrenty) and should simply step up. Since they cant root cause the issue and the lemon law apply's to at least two of the clauses, it would seem like the right move for them.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:43 AM
On another forum I read, someone thought it was okay to bad mouth a company's product, thinking consumer protection laws would protect him, or that they wouldn't notice/document/present his statements in court, or that friends would back him up. He was ultimately unprepared for the $500,000 lawsuit they brought against him. He was able to settle, but it financially ruined his life. Don't be that guy.[/quote]

You are correct. Once done with the car issue, it is done in my mind. However, shoudl someone ask my opinion I will share it. I do believe in consumer advocacy and here is a balance between blatent and eronious badmouthing and consumer advocacy. I know the difference.But thank you you are correct.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:44 AM
PS... if anyone has any ideas on how a shift fork can break please let me know.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
Yossarian,

Just to be clear, I don't think Porsches are the "greatest" car, they are just a car. As it turns out, they happen to be the style and type of car I prefer to drive. In my experience, if you want bulletproof, buy a Lexus. I don't care what JD Powers says, the two high end Lexus's I purchased for my wife never break, I mean never, and their customer service is second to none. My Cayenne S needed a new motor, my last two 911's both required trans replacements (3rd gear syncro in one I don't remember what happened in the other). My Turbo leaks oil like an old british car (almost as much as my 76 TR-6) and the thing got stuck in 2nd gear (cable came off??) with 700 miles on it. My point is that they are just cars.

In my experience having a good relationship with your service advisor and the manager of the service department is critical. They are your advocate to PCNA and you need them on your side. I know the details of their families, I give them movie tickets, and always give them positive CSI scores. Work to get them on your side. While we all would like to think that purchasing a $100K car should get your 110% effort, it doesn't.

Finally I think you are on the right track with the lemon law issues. I lemon lawed a car (not a Porsche); drove it for 2 years and GM bought it back for 98% of what I paid for it. Just demand documentation for each service (don't' leave until you have it) and follow the process absent of emotion. At the end they will fix the car, replace the car, or buy it back. Any of those options should be acceptable to you.

Good luck.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by Tpup
Yossarian,

Just to be clear, I don't think Porsches are the "greatest" car, they are just a car. As it turns out, they happen to be the style and type of car I prefer to drive. In my experience, if you want bulletproof, buy a Lexus. I don't care what JD Powers says, the two high end Lexus's I purchased for my wife never break, I mean never, and their customer service is second to none. My Cayenne S needed a new motor, my last two 911's both required trans replacements (3rd gear syncro in one I don't remember what happened in the other). My Turbo leaks oil like an old british car (almost as much as my 76 TR-6) and the thing got stuck in 2nd gear (cable came off??) with 700 miles on it. My point is that they are just cars.

In my experience having a good relationship with your service advisor and the manager of the service department is critical. They are your advocate to PCNA and you need them on your side. I know the details of their families, I give them movie tickets, and always give them positive CSI scores. Work to get them on your side. While we all would like to think that purchasing a $100K car should get your 110% effort, it doesn't.

Finally I think you are on the right track with the lemon law issues. I lemon lawed a car (not a Porsche); drove it for 2 years and GM bought it back for 98% of what I paid for it. Just demand documentation for each service (don't' leave until you have it) and follow the process absent of emotion. At the end they will fix the car, replace the car, or buy it back. Any of those options should be acceptable to you.

Good luck.

Thanks for your input. They may not be the most reliable ( i think JD powers is smoking something) but when working it was the mot fun I ever had in a car. I bought the car so that I would stop riding race bikes. I figured the extra 80k of price was worth the safety.

I will post later once I get some results.

Last edited by Yossarian; 12-05-2010 at 11:20 AM. Reason: typoe
Old 12-09-2010, 07:29 AM
Thought I would give you all a quick update.

1. Dropping emotion on my side has just made me a happier soul. I am not sure how it affects my working with PNA but at least I care less.
2. The transmission issue has been identified along with stong proof that there are no signs of abuse.

I have no idea how PNA will treat this informaiton, but hey at least I know I am not a crappy driver.

I cant comment fully just yet until this business is done but I will when it is over.

I really cant image that both a gearbox and an engine would have a flaw on the same car... So ultimatly, I am not worried about porsche quality, this is just bad luck.