997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

White: A bad exterior color choice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 12:46 AM
robfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of light
Black

IMHO.......nothing even comes close to BLACK. It IS a hobby, keeping it clean, but if it's not your DD, nothing comes close to B L A CK !!!

Old 12-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Car-Narcissist
Just to clear things up...

I'm not questioning whether white looks good on the 997. My question is whether or not white is hard to take care of. Surely bugs and tar will show quickly but does it streak or have any other caveats?
silver --> white --> black easiest to hardest to keep clean.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:36 PM
jbauza is infamous around these parts
I had a white 99 C2 and currently own a black 07 997 C2s, the white was easier to take care. However I am a fanatic for clean cars and black is my favorite color in a car, so it makes no difference to me.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:21 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
White's not my favorite....too many other fun colors to choose from. I'm a bright color guy (obviously)! I like the rarer car colors.

Best of Luck,

Tom

Old 12-15-2010, 05:52 PM
COOKINN has a spectacular aura aboutCOOKINN has a spectacular aura about
White Rocks

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  179.4 KB

Old 12-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I had a white 94 3.6 turbo and it was a lot easier to keep clean than any of my black cars.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:08 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by xXxGhotimanxXx
White is to Porsche what red is to Ferrari and Green is to British cars. Well documented fact.

J
I thought Silver is to Porsche, what red is to Ferrari and green to MINI. Am I wrong ? To the OP. If you considering a clear-bra, then white may not be the best choice as it will show the yellowing over time. I have seen adias's white C2S with natural brown leather interior...stunning. If you need to see some pics of the GT silver I can post them for you or PM them. It changes color with every passing hour of the day. But many in this forum seem to think that silver is "boring".

Old 12-15-2010, 08:13 PM
OmegaMan is infamous around these partsOmegaMan is infamous around these parts
I really like the lines of the C2S in white. As someone else mentioned, White with Black wheels looks nice. I have never been a fan of black wheels, but this one is very nice.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Majac4122 is infamous around these parts
I agree with AKA, white is amazing when crispy clean....I always keep mine looking amazing.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:14 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Here is a new C4S at my dealership right now. Saw it when I ordered mine.

Note that the lower valences are painted white. It's an option. Typically there is a 2-3 inch black strip along the bottom.

Attached Images  
Old 12-15-2010, 10:43 PM
OmegaMan is infamous around these partsOmegaMan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by EricP
Here is a new C4S at my dealership right now. Saw it when I ordered mine.

Note that the lower valences are painted white. It's an option. Typically there is a 2-3 inch black strip along the bottom.
Very nice, but I don't care for the Turbo wheels.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:45 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OmegaMan
Very nice, but I don't care for the Turbo wheels.
Those are turbo II wheels. They look fantastic on black cars. But I agree on the white...not as nice.

Attached Images  
Old 12-15-2010, 11:22 PM
stockid is infamous around these partsstockid is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Love the white with the black or red accents.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:57 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
I thought Silver is to Porsche, what red is to Ferrari and green to MINI. Am I wrong ? To the OP. If you considering a clear-bra, then white may not be the best choice as it will show the yellowing over time. I have seen adias's white C2S with natural brown leather interior...stunning. If you need to see some pics of the GT silver I can post them for you or PM them. It changes color with every passing hour of the day. But many in this forum seem to think that silver is "boring".
Nope. There are definitely more silver Porsches sold than any other color, but that just means that people like silver on a Porsche. As for the "official" color of a car/country...check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._racing_colors

J

Old 12-16-2010, 08:15 AM
CJKCyclone is infamous around these parts
I have had just about the entire spectrum of colors...for me, White is the best and that is why I held out on my 997 purchase until I found the perfect white one. I agree silver may look clean longer, but even when clean, it doesn't "pop" like white...IMHO. White is very easy to keep clean.

I assume we all take great care of our cars and wash them regularly. For that reason, I think white is the best. It hardly shows any water streaks after washing and drying...while almost any other color will show those streaks. Even, in a pinch, running through a touchless automated wash with crappy air dryers still makes the car look nice. I never had that experience with any other color. Nothing is more frustrating that washing the car...then after you drive it, having to detail it again as water started flowing from the mirrors or other creases. I'd rather spend more time driving my clean car than detailing it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: White: A bad exterior color choice?